Reviews for Paddy's Little Pup
Guest chapter 12 . 23h
Stopped reading when Sirius proposed, it was too forced, too quick. It's completely out of character for Sirius to marry, sure he's looking Harry but that doesn't mean he has to settle down completely. That however I could forgive, many people would like a partner for Sirius and that's understandable. What is not is the completely boring character you chose to pair him with. His fiancé, I don't even know her name has absolutely no character development so far yet she's already part of the family. Her only role seems to be to provide Harry with a nuclear family, fitted with a ready made sibling. The fact the she's a 'damsel' makes matters worse, even without magic Sirius would be quite a exuberant character who lives life on the edge, not always in a good way. The fact she 'nearly faints' when she sees house elves and flees the room when she finds out Sirius can turn into a dog makes it totally unrealistic that she agrees to a prospal straight after finding out about magic. Also the fact that Sirius would propose without her having met Harry is also ridiculous. Whether or not Harry has Sirius' best interests at heart he would still be apprehensive about a new person coming to live with them. Even with witches or wizards he can tell something of their character by 'feeling' there magic. No matter how you swing Harry will have some fear of new people, especially muggles, living with him given his history of abuse. The fact that Sirius didn't wait to see if the two were compatible before proposing isn't realistic. Even two good well intentioned people may not get along in domestic settings. Sirius, given the apparent closeness and sensitivity you seem indicate in his interaction with Harry, would(or very much should) acknowledge this and allow the two to get to know each other casually before announcing something binding such as step-guardian. Disappointing but I guess it works for some readers. I just don't think Sirius needed a woman to complete his life or demonstrate a social life outside of being a parent. I could say more but it's late so...
cmfisher chapter 24 . 11/24
Wonderful story. Thank you for taking the time to write it. I honestly would not mind if you just happened to find time to finish this. (Hint hint. )
YokaiAngel chapter 24 . 11/22
brilliant!~~~
Natalie chapter 24 . 10/5
I love your story so far and hope that you will continue it. It is beutifully written and the plot is amazing and other than a few spelling mistakes (which don't matter much) I cannot fault it. Please continue writting as it is very enjoyable.
Midots chapter 24 . 9/1
very good plot and character development. the OCs are well included. thank you for this.
Sakura Snape-Malfoy chapter 24 . 8/29
Great story so far. I have enjoyed reading it. I hope that you'll be able to update soon. I'd love to see how Rowena Ravenclaw's prophecy will come to pass I hey contain Voldemort. I can see how it would happen following canon but as this is not canon I will enjoy reading how you plan to follow it through.
I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter. Thanks for writing.
Sakura Snape-Malfoy chapter 11 . 8/27
After reading the AN I went back and glanced through the chapters. I think what confused me was when Harry's teacher was at the hospital and then reading about the nurse. Great story so far. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter.
Sakura Snape-Malfoy chapter 9 . 8/27
who was Glynnis? What about Harry's teacher Mrs. Noelle Neely? While they were at the hospital you put that She thought Sirius was handsome? Does she have a crush on Sirius? Did you mean to put Ms. instead of Mrs.? I thought it would have been cool if her and Sirius got together and raised Harry.

As for the names I think I know someone who names their daughter Scout. Which, at least they weren't as bad as some of the celebrity kids names. I mean really, Kim naming her daughter North and then marrying Kanye West. And what about the one who named their child Apple. I feel so bad for those kids.

Great story so far. I look forward to reading the rest that is posted.
L Cooper chapter 13 . 8/24
An especially nice chapter introducing Hogwarts and/or setting setting a scene. I liked your use of a comparison. The comparison wa a very clear description. Unfortunately, I can't remember your exact words. ( I tend to be excessive with comparisons, but this is rightly balanced. Thank you for the chapter.
l cooper chapter 10 . 8/23
Very enjoyable story!
Just thought to point out - Bill was a first year a few chapters ago. And Percy is only 4 years older than Harry, not 6.
As someone who was reading Jane Austen before she was 10 I have to agree. I'm no genius- I borderline failed second language once. All it needs is a parent who's willing to guide and encourage for a child to excel.
lojosmom chapter 18 . 5/16
I realize you wrote this many years ago, but I wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying it and how very, very sorry I am for both of your losses.
kkarrot chapter 4 . 4/25