Reviews for Take One at Mulholland High
a reader chapter 3 . 2/19/2009
“You know, a few points? Three points?” I was ready to explain more, but Ali cut me off.

It should be Steph not Ali.
a reader chapter 2 . 2/19/2009
love it, except for the ending

"I like my life just fine, thank you, but I don’t say anything and Gram-Gram and I watch the sun set over the blue waters of the Pacific."

This seems like the easy way out. The rest of the chapter makes it seems like it's closer to early afternoon than night time.

Love the rest though.
ImNotTinaFey chapter 24 . 8/29/2007
1. Who is your favorite character?

Definatly Ben cause he was a great friend/ending Boyfriend and he never was big headed or stupid like Blade (god i hate that guy)

2. Do you have a favorite scene/line of dialogue or memorable moment from the story?

I accualy have 2

A)when Ali was picked up at the Quick E-Mart cause thats such a real life moment! i could see anyone being picked up my a friend after a bad date!

B) when Ali farted so loudly cause being a redneck that stuff happeneds all the time in my house and it was just a funny moment YAHZE! ahahah

3. Does anything that need work particularly?

nothing at all ITS PERFECT great Teen story if you will!

I LOVED IT! you guys rock my socks around the block great work! keep at it!

BigFan

MusicIsMySoul
ImNotTinaFey chapter 4 . 8/20/2007
i feel so bad for Ali with that welt on her face! i mean i would die of embarissment meeting someone famous with THAT on my own face! oh god! lol but i'm loving the story is there ANY marching band references to this story? well its really really really...really good and addictive keep up the good work you two

Fan

MusicIsMySoul
Simonds chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
Hi Susie. I just read chapter one and from an artist-not-writer's perspective I loved your story. Can I share it w/Magavern or anyone else Sem. Your Mom emailed the website to me. Moms are very good at PR!

Keep up the terrific writing and I'll be back to follow the continuing saga...Will this continue as a website novel?

as always.

simonds
clarinetguardgeek07 chapter 24 . 2/19/2007
i loved this whole story and i hope that there will be a sequel to this out soon
Barbara Martin chapter 24 . 1/12/2007
Hi - I am a great pal of Susie's and have just finished reading the book! yahoo! so fun and so great. I have really enjoyed it, and was psyched to be reading it when it was all done so that I did not have to wait for more installments!

My favorite character... probably Ali b/c she is so "everygirl" and sweet and innocent (to a point!. But ya know, a lot of them grew into favorites that I was rooting for.

Fave scene - hm... the fist that comes to mind is the dancing scene with Ali and Ben, cute and unexpected. But I love the yahzee whole scene, including the farting and going to make nachos and everything.

Fun! Thanks for posting it. - Barbara, Portland OR
Publisher from the slush pile chapter 1 . 1/10/2007
This is pretty much on the same level as fanfiction, FWIW. It's not professional-grade work. The best advice one can give at this level is take some classes, study great authors, set a higher standard than you're currently at and try to reach it.
SAmantha chapter 24 . 1/9/2007
Hey Courtney, Congrats on the book, it really does draw you in and i have been looking forward to new chapters ever since you sent me the earlier ones. I am not usually a fan of stories that bounce between different people but this really worked. Best of luck with editing and getting an agent, I can't wait to buy your buy your books in paperback!

Love, Samm
Percussion Chick chapter 24 . 1/9/2007
*Tear* Over so soon? But seriously, AWESOMENESS. It's the only word I have right now. I'll message my answers to the questions to you.
Hollybaby390 chapter 24 . 1/9/2007
I liked this story, so I really hope it makes it. My favorite character would probably have to be Ben. He just reminds my of this really awsome guy whose name is actually Ben! I think that he should have a bigger part in the beginning. And I think there should be a little more interaction between Chloe and Blade, because I thought it happened too fast and kind of became awkward. But it was still good if u decide to keep it that way. Good luck!
Percussion Chick chapter 22 . 1/8/2007
WOW! Chloe's future is just laid out on the red carpet for her, isn't it? Hooray!
Nique chapter 24 . 1/8/2007
1. Who is your favorite character?

Oh goodness...I enjoyed so many of the characters. Ali is of course hilarious and makes me think of Susie everytime I read one of her chapters. She is defintely a character many girls can easily identify with and laugh through those oh so special Ali moments Chole is a such a strong character who is hard to read at first. You dont really know what to think of her, is she superficial or is there more to the Cali bombshell? I quickly came to love her wit, strength, and her increasingly strong desire to not be the person everyone saw her as. Ben...what can I say...he's hot!

Chapter 17 was the most memorable for me. I made friends and family read just because I thought it was so funny.

3. Does anything that need work particularly?
hottiesplomiegurl chapter 24 . 1/8/2007
My favorite character is Chloe. I loved the Yahtzee scene-it was just too hilarious. All your stories, this one especially seem so REAL, as in they could happen or have happened to us. Thank you for sharing your talent and the best of luck to you!
clarinetguardgeek07 chapter 22 . 1/4/2007
i love it and i hope that u will update soon