Reviews for Double or Nothing
anime angeL chapter 6 . 1/1/2007
I seriously wish that Cass came back and sought redemption with the added bonus of being with Tim. However, that's not what's actually planned and I can't do much about it with what's going on in the actual comics. I have no clue how redemption fits in when you're working with Deathstroke.

Now that I'm off rant mode. Spectaular sequel. (Bleh.. this is a complication of all the other chapters too.) I dunno, but I liked how human this felt.. and how it was mentioned that their love was in infancy and still growing. That growth definitely magnified with all the choices that were made. Also, how Cass has two sides to herself shows that she's going to have to grow with her demons and shut them out slowly. That's part of life.

Well, I see a sequel to this sequel. _ And, from what I've seen, there is a lot of potential to build off of. Yay for character growth! Good luck and continue the quality of work.
KxH chapter 6 . 11/23/2006
well well well. imagine my surprise in finding the sequel when i bothered to look. guess next time ill keep my mouth shut. its all good though.
thames chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
Good story. Spot on.
Tressa chapter 6 . 10/22/2006
That was great! I always love reading stories about Tim and Cass and you write them so well. Their relationship is wonderful and well written. If you do decided to make this a trilogy, I will defintately be there to read it. Again, great job!
Chigger chapter 5 . 10/13/2006

Boy, this is one hectic chapter, ain't it? ;)

But, from the top:

I love watching Robin work; even when he's being a bit of an idiot and/or trying to deal with fear gas.

Ooh, but he better brace himself for a spectacular dressing down when he reports back to Batman. Something tells me Bruce won't be exactly thrilled with how he's handled this whole mess - even if he and Cass do manage to bring both Two Face and Scarecrow back in.

I love Alfie, too. ;)

Wow, Cass is something else, huh? I love how strong you've made her. Some people would have had her drugged up and out of it for the whole story so that Robin could come down in and save her. But Cass isn't really the damsel in distress type, and I'm glad you've captured that. :)

Of course, Robin still gets to rescue her; but at least she gets to help. ;)

Also, love the mental image of the three way fight. It would have been so easy to leave out the part where Robin saved Two Face; and then it would have been just as easy to have Two Face genuinely appreciate the assist and go all noble. But you managed to keep all of these guys in character yet again. I think that was my favorite part of this chapter. It was short but telling. It adds a great deal of reality and depth to your story. Bravo. :)
Iudex Acerbus chapter 4 . 10/3/2006
aw poor Tim and Cassie. Things look pretty bleak right now. I wonder why Crane didn't off Robin. Course he might have been more focused on two face than robin at that point.

good chap!

keep up the great work
Chigger chapter 4 . 10/3/2006
*shudders* These guys are so sick. _

Your villans are certainly nastiness personified. Wonderful work.

As for Tim; Batman had better find him, or he's going to be minus one Batgirl and one Robin. I'm almost afraid to say this but, can things get any worse?

Again, amazing chapter; but I did find two typoes that caused brief hiccups in the reading experience.

First, the "confessional" is the room wherein the confession is made, not the confession itself. Second, Cass is Two Face's captive, not captor. You had me hoping against hope there for a few seconds that Cass had managed to reverse the situation, or that someone else had come in to help. Apparently, I was wrong. _

Keep up the good work (before the suspense kills me). ;)

Oh, and I did write a review for the last chapter; but I don't know if you got it since the website doesn't seem to remember it. :)
Iudex Acerbus chapter 3 . 9/26/2006
wow excellent chap, huge clip hanger. Boo on two face for being a bad guy :p

Everything is very well writen and the action is top notch.

can't wait to see what happens

keep up the good work
Excel chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
This story's okay.
Iudex Acerbus chapter 2 . 9/15/2006
Nice setup into the story, I can see an eventual 2-face scarecrow show down. Man I hope Cass doesn't get exposed to that drug that would be really crappy.

Great story so far.

keep up the good work.
Tressa chapter 2 . 9/14/2006
Wow. I loved Shadowboxing and this looks like this is going to be a great sequel. I loved the characterization and the interaction between the characters. Bruce is coming off as being very, well, Bruce. I'm glad that he didn't welcome her home with open arms, especially after all that she did do. It's more realistic, though I can see him giving her another chance. Especially with Tim backing her up.

The relationship between Tim and Cass is wonderful. I loved the little 'argument' between them about being adult or not. I think that it will allow them to maintain some of that teenage innocence in their line of work.

This plot looks very intriguing. I'm looking forward to more.
Iudex Acerbus chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
good start to the fic, nice to see things are settleing backing into normalicy, well what passes for normal in the bat family.

keep up the good work.
Chigger chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
It's back! :)

I'm very glad to see this return. Hopefully whatever glitch caused it to be removed has been taken care of and we'll see more of the story soon? At least repost Chapter 2. ;)

Keep up the good work!