Reviews for Middle Ground
Antigone11 chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
"On our 1st Family Beach Trip"

I know Jessica didn't mean it this way, but I could see that caption being like a red flag to a bull when John read it. (why he's going through Dean's things is another story) John's been shut out - once again. According to that, he's not even part of the family anymore. I'm not saying John didn't deserve to be shut out (I'm not a John fan, for the most part). He's the one who made the split irreconcilable. I'm just saying that for someone who is already stubborn and feeling mis-used by Sam, this was probably the worst possible way for him to find out.

I'm very proud of Dean for standing up to his father. John could strip the paint off a barn with his glare. And what a jerk for trying to insinuate that if Dean saw Sam again he's out of John's life forever too. Why do I feel that the choice to send Dean to jobs on the East Coast is not a coincidence?
reading chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
"For as long as they needed it, he would be their middle ground."

I love the way you write this family conflict. It's heartbreaking and hopeful and so in keeping with the characters in the canon universe. And I like your Jess and her way of supporting Sam and loving Dean.
Evergreene chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
Another brilliant offering from the "A Beer" world. This fic contained some wonderful insights into the characters, and a lovely mix of humour and a whole lot of angst. Loved it!
JennK528 chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
I've been reading and enjoying your stories, and I'm so damn lame, I don't think I've taken the time to tell you that before! Anyway, I like your AU, and the whole "Dean runs into Sam at Stanford" bit was just lovely. I even like your Jess, and frankly, on the show, I can't bloody stand her (yeah, I know, she had about two minutes of screen time, but I still hate her).

Looking forward to more AU! Sorry it took me so long to comment!
Rhesa chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
I am so glad you are going to keep writing in this universe. I just can't get enough of it. Please keep going forever! There is just so much more I want to see. I love the way you manage to write simmering emotions so vividly that you can feel them.
thundever1 chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
Great chap, poor Dean
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
Very cool. Catch ya on the flip side.
L'insomnie des etoiles chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
I LOVE all the stories in "the beer" verse and is one is no exception... Great fic !
Tarien Lakilea Tel'anor chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
Yes! You have more idea's for your AU. I'm so lovin it. I feel for Dean. I know what it's like to be that middle ground. It's very emotionally draining and you give give give until one day you just break and you just stop it for an hour or a day to get your self back. It also means you have less energy for other people other than the one's you are in the middle of. Maybe that's why Dean doesn't have any other meaningful relationships. The ones he has are two heavy. And of course he didn't grow up with friends since he moved so much. Anyway, the point is that I really felt for Dean here. You're right, he is still just a big kid who can't say "No, sir." Good job with this piece! :)
ItsaMiracle chapter 1 . 9/13/2006
...Dean, Dean, Dean...Dean. He's one amazing person!
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 9/13/2006