Reviews for Lumen
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Wow.

I loved the stories tied together here around Lucy, each one complete in its own right.

I must say, though, that I was not expecting you to do what you did with this story. I was not expecting that kind of twist at all.

It was hard watching the others try to cope. :'(

Sapphireswimming
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Oh it's so sad! Why did Lucy have to die? :( But Lucy being the light and the life of Narnia and her siblings' world is so very true. They would be totally lost without her.

Excellent story!
Sapphire Nymph chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
its just so sweet... she really is like the light... i really like it
BollywoodRocks chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
Wow...the part when Paul says "me dad got a job" I almost burst into tears! You really should be proud of this story because it is truly wonderful!
Emerald Princess 14 chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
That was beautiful. Well done to wonderful story. I am a huge little sis, big bro fan!
ElfishScallywag chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Why yes I'm going to fav practically all of your stories now :P
fantacination chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
That was heartwarmingly beautiful. I loved how you characterized Lucy in this with the bully in a wonderfully subtle way and it's a very interesting take on a possible alternate death. The way it starts with Lucy being born on the darkest day of the year and dying on the darkest day was wonderful, as well. Much thanks for writing it and hope you keep writing. :)
Moonlit Water Sunny River chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
Oh. Frickin. Wow.

I love Lucy giving Paul part of her sandwich, even though Paul teased her. Just -

WHO KILLED LUCY? sob
random chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
very very well written! everything else i read after reading this seemed so bland..no offence to the other authors! thank you for the great read!
September Shadows chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
Oh my, I actually got teary-eyed when Lucy died.

Touching (:
RogueOnFire chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
Beautiful job. I say thank you to the people who liked you enough to put you on a favorites list so I could read your stories.
Ephemeral Dream chapter 1 . 10/11/2006
Oh man, I wish I had read this before. September 13th is my birthday too! Except I'm turning seventeen and I'm not half as good of an author as you are. Well, happy belated birthday to both of us then. ]
Shadow-ofthe-Night35 chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
Oh...*sobs* that was beautiful.

thank you, for making me cry, and then laugh. it was a wonderful story.

Shadow
Starbrow chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
Wow, I could give you about a million squishy hugs for that beautiful, indescribable gift, but you'd probably pass out after that much squishing, so might I offer you some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream instead? Your theme on the meaning of Lucy's name was positively brilliant. I've always wondered if Lewis knew it when he named her Lucy, because light just kind of seems to spill from her wherever she is. The vignette with Paul brought tears to my eyes, it was just such a *Lucy* thing to do, you know? And she was so unconscious about it, not even thinking she was doing a "good deed," so her pride in his success was really beautiful. You made me laugh AND cry in that one section, with the whole growth spurt thing.I think my favorite line was "Mrs. Macready was intimidating until Edmund imitated her" - a great example of how you use language and word play to your advantage. This has to be my favorite story from you yet, although I was screaming when Lucy was shot. I just KNEW there had to be a squishy sibling reunion scene in the new Narnia - I suppose in this AU Susan didn't do her whole too-grown-up-for-Narnia thing?After all this, it's probably superfluous to say this, but I really am on tenterhooks to read your next work. This was a-m-a-z-i-n-g!
silverymare chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
What a beautiful story, centered on Lucy. You brought out all of Lucy's best points and made sure that everyone loved her. I loved the part that was Peter dancing with her, and all of her brothers and sister looking down on her fondly. It was very in character.. The best part. A perfect capture of the essense of C.S. Lewis's world and the Pevensie children.