Reviews for Angels of Wrath: Pilot
Phantom Dennis chapter 2 . 5/8/2011
You should give more description to River's classmates. I keep envisioning them as 5 River clones like the Ree in NGE:Nobody Dies.
Daray5491 chapter 8 . 11/20/2006
oh I love it. PLS write another "episode"

I really like the characters and how they may have found a "cure" to help them become more mentally stable...can't wait 2 find out if they find River and help her.
happyhooligan2001 chapter 8 . 11/9/2006
Excellent story, I would love to read more about Ben and his flying nut house.
garden-crafter chapter 8 . 10/27/2006
Hm .. looks like Cody is having to grow up in even more of a hurry than before. But at least shooting other ships with ship's weapons would have been less traumatic than if he'd had to kill someone with a gun at short range.

Very fortunate that the Angel was originally registered under her serial number. Great idea to change the registration planet, and to wait until Chairty before changing her official name to "The Angel of Wrath".
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 6 . 10/19/2006
Oh...crap...this is getting mighty wonky! Especially if Cody has to shoot someone at his age...and the repercussions of operatives worse than Hands of Blue trying to take the girls back? Not pretty:(

Still...I can't wait to see more of this;)

BEB
olehobome chapter 7 . 10/15/2006
I like it. Its well written. I would love to read more.
garden-crafter chapter 7 . 10/13/2006
Hm ... the descriptions of the "Orange & Blacks" sound like they're Operatives ... I guess the girls were considered too dangerous for the Hands of Blue that chased River. And considering how MANY of them were sent after the girls, it's clear that the Academy learned not to underestimate THEM a much as they did River (though still not enough).

Clever idea that the credit chip (for the old ticket) would lure them out of the ship in order for them to cash it. And even more clever that the girls would turn the tables on the maybe NEXT time Ben will pay more attention to what Moon tells him.

Since they're clearly not throwing the bodies out while they're still docked, I'm guessing that they'd likely be all loaded into the airlock and flushed out into space as they departed (the bodies would then burn up on re-entry, further concealing what happenned).
garden-crafter chapter 6 . 10/13/2006
Wow! What a cliffhanger ! I'm eager for the next chapter !
Anais-Noir chapter 6 . 10/10/2006
Honestly the best Firefly fanfic that I have ever had the priviledge of reading.

You are my hero. _
garden-crafter chapter 5 . 10/7/2006
I like how you use the fact that River was the "prize pupil" to suggest that the more advanced girls are older, more deadly and more mentally-unstable (but also that ALL the girls in the program have nightmares like River does).

Good choices with the duties assigned to each crewmember. Especially with Jade she'll be able to feel useful/important, and also have a dependable stable person to help her stay focused on what she's doing. It also makes young Cody feel useful and important too. The schedule seems rather idealistic and optimistic.

It looks to me like the ship is still lacking a qualified medic. Presumably Ben knows some first-aid, and Jade has read stuff out of the doctor's head. But that still leaves the crew vulnerable.
garden-crafter chapter 4 . 10/7/2006
It seems rather fitting to me that they'd use the credit-chips of the nasties that they killed. Great idea for getting rid of the chips and confusing anyone trying to track the chips. So many purchases in such a short time (and even MORE after random strangers start using the chips) will create quite a mess.

And at least with a full ship, there'll be plenty of stuff for them to sell when they get tired of it .

But I like how the girls handled the boat-jackers. The 'jackers sure picked the WRONG boat ! Did the girls KNOW who was knocking, and want to fight-and-kill them ?

I'm glad that Cody does NOT have permission to learn to do what the girls do. But eventually, his father WILL need to teach him SOMETHING about how to defend himself.
happyhooligan2001 chapter 4 . 10/6/2006
Good! We've established the Angels as sweet little girls and cold blooded killers. They seem more in control of themselves than River and I suppose that's because River is more advanced which makes her deadlier and crazier.
happyhooligan2001 chapter 3 . 10/6/2006
The Acadamy ended up following the old story of Frankenstein, destroyed by the monsters it created. Apparently Dr. Matthias had rebuilt it somewhat by the time the Operative showed up to shut it down for good.
garden-crafter chapter 3 . 9/24/2006
I like your idea of the Tams redeeming themselves by helping the other girls get to Osiris. It also fit in well with the bit about how various students got out of the complex only to discover that they couldn't get off-planet and that there was nowhere else to go except back to the Academy. this seems to suggest that only the Academy-complex is long-term fully-habitable on that world.

Shiny idea about having the girls cause their own sort of disturbance before they left. And I like how you have Matthias be temporarily off-world, so that the Operative can kill him later.
leiasky chapter 3 . 9/24/2006
I've followed your work from lotr and am very glad you've decided to start writing Firefly.

This is a good beginning and I'm eager to see where else this will go.