Reviews for All That Is Gold
Lovely story :)
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
This was beautiful!
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
550 isn't? Or 558 to be precise. Excellent work, and it makes sense.
WonderingGirl chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Wow!

What a terrific story :D! I really liked the father-son relationship you described, and the plot was great and very interesting!
Lellow chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
That was brilliant! How is it that your work is not more famous?
ziggy chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
I have read this a long time ago - Thranduil is a wily old fox, and a great king. I love the advice he gives and his cleverness. Hope you still pick up reviews on old stories - thank you for this insight. I will keep coming back to your stories.
Soledad chapter 1 . 12/23/2006
I asked the Edhellond groups for reading recommendations, and Aislynn recced me your stories. I am very happy that I followed her suggestion, because your work is excellent. Stories portraying Thranduil with respect, showing him in his true fortitude, are so very rare, I'm thankful to have found one more.
StarofElendil chapter 1 . 11/24/2006
nice job. Legolas isn't half bad either, in this story.
lauren hedgehog chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
Wow! That was wonderfully written and the character interactions are great
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Hi, Jael!

I found this story the other day and was delighted to see you have posted a new fic. So I thought I review here, for once. First let me say that I love the story; like everything you write, this one is excellent, well written and it fits into your story arc perfectly. And the exchange between father and son in this one reveals so many layers of their relationship, and it is very well crafted, too.

I love the fact that Thranduil has to drum up his courage for this particular conversation with quite some amount of Dorwinion, and the sudden change of mood when they talk about the necklage is perfect. Chilling memory, indeed! You also made very believable why Mirkwood's queen was not buried with more ceremony; for the Avari, the custom you describe seems very fitting, indeed.

But the part I loved most was the exchange between father and son near the end:

"Thranduil sighed and looked him in the eye. "My son, Mirkwood has only ever had but two treasures. One of them sleeps in the forests of the Emyn Duir. And the other, I send to Imladris tomorrow."

Legolas reached out and laid his hand against Thranduil's chest. "Adar, Mirkwood's wealth is here. And its strength too."

I love this exchange because it shows so very poignantly the love and appreciation they have for each other.

Great writing, as always! And although this story seems somehow to mark a closing point in this particular story arc, I cannot help but hope that you will grace us with many more stories about these two. :)

Thank you for sharing, and for another wonderful fic.

Greetings and Cheers,

Aislynn
black knight of Marmo chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
now that's what I call a great story! please continue!
SadieSil chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
Oh my! This was... wonderful. It's amazing, interesting and full of ideas and images. I loved the way you portraid the relationship between father and son.

What a great tale. It's already one of my favourites.

thanks so much for sharing it.