Reviews for At the End of the World
Foolish Lantern chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
I know this is a review more than seven years far too late, but I was compelled to say something, anything, in regards to how wonderful this vignette is. Drakengard is indeed a world where the most anyone can hope for is not dying, and you remained faithful to its thematic. Your interpretation of Caim and Angelus' pact is a beautiful one; the longer two partners are entwined, the less divided they become. And your take on their attraction to one another is tasteful to say the very least. They enjoyed one another's company not because of what they are, but who they are: bloodthirsty, sociopathic nightmares stopped from destroying the world only by something worse.

My hat is off to you.
Adriannu255 chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Yay! They weren't separated! This would have been a much better ending for the first game. I mean they didn't have any problem making all those endings end in tragedy, so why not go all the way! XD
Guest chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
If only.

A fantastic homage to a fantastic game.
Athla chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
As kickass as the games were I really wished for at least one ending that didn't screw them over. I'll just pretend this is one such ending. kickass writing!
Anzer'ke chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
I kinda wish the game had ended like this, it's certainly within their respective characters.
A Spot of Bother chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
This was beautifully written. I remember when I finally played through all the endings I just stared at the television and thought 'You know, the first ending was the happiest. Well, shoot.' And I was royally pissed when they died in Drakengard 2.

So, yes, the world is still screwed, but you know what? The way this is written, that's ok. Because they still have each other, and that is probably the only thing you could ask for resembling a happy ending from this game. And I love how you include the bits about how they've softened each other, at least - Angelus allowing Caim to touch her and Caim refusing to allow her to sacrifice herself. So kudos to you for writing such a wonderful oneshot.
Langobalt chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
Well written, and well done. And your first author's note sums up the situation perfectly. Drakengard ISN'T about happy endings. Everyone dies. Suck it up.

But DAMN I was pissed at Verdelet in Drakengard 2. Angelus wouldn't have gone crazy if it weren't for him. :
SilverKitsune013 chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
I like this ending better than the one in the game. It would be awesome as an FMV. Anywho, great job!
H7 chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
I think this has to be one of the best DrakenGard fics I have ever read. Wonderful job - and I agree, they should have been more selfish.
Larom chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
*Clap clap clap* Beautifully writin Orion-san. They truely deserved a more happy ending than in the games. Yeah and your right about Drakengard not being about fluffy kittens. It would be kind of weird to see Caim and Angelus runing through a feild of flowers to each other than jumping and holding onto each other. I just got a mental image lol! Well anyway are you going to write another fic? If you do I hope its one with a REALLY happy ending. See ya!
Snowy Island chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
Oh, baby, I love these two! What happened to them was completely unfair after all the hell they faced, but Drakengard was never fair in the first place.

Incharacter and very well written. Kudos to you.
Dragon and Sword Master chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
This is one of my favorite pairing, believe it or not. Caim...was a badass while Nowe...well it's not even right to compare the two. I love this, and I agree, Caim and Angelus did everything for the world in Drakengard 1, now...this is there reward?
Silver Dragon 2488 chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Yes, the first ending of the first gae does suck. All the endings suck. And then what happens to them in D2 sucks even more. Screw the world, those two should be together.

I love your style. Very sophisticated and wonderful. Way to succeed at writing! -