Reviews for Bedtime Story
Ayuka86 chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Liked this. I can see this actually happening.
Do a Barrel Roll chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
I love Auron and Tidus gen! Great job. There aren't enough fics like these.
BrokenRepublic chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
This was a great, touching story. You've done well to maintain the integrity of the characters and to present a plausible piece of their past together. I enjoyed reading this.
Icicle Streams chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
Love it. I love the way you can write so distantly, yet so personal and detailed.

The only thing I thought was weird is how Tidus only starts school in the second year, because he would have been 9-ish (since Braska and co. defeat Sin 10 years earlier) but anyway... awesome story! So sweet, without being too cutesy.
writeeofpassage chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
So cute. Love Auron and Tidas' pre-game relationship.
Cassandra Cassidy chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
I enjoyed this look into pre-game Tidus and Auron very much. Their interaction is believable, and the subtleties of their odd little family dynamic are really well-represented here. I absolutely loved the bit toward the end where Tidus is telling his friends that Auron's not his real dad, but he kind of wishes he was. I laughed quite a lot at Auron thinking Yuna would be less of a handful - I'm sure Kimahri would beg to differ!

Thanks for writing this; I'm glad I stumbled across it!
Azamiko chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
This is really nice. I like the style, and the relationship portrayed. (I always wonder what's the big deal with wanting blood relatives. Then again, I already have them.)
Raindog Bride chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
All right, I loved this story. It was emotional, really tapped into each of the characters, and above all, BEAUTIFULLY written. You do an amazing job with mood and word usage, saying so much in so little.
SirGecko chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
I have never come across a story as unique and vivid as this one. So short, so contrite and to-the point, and yet it tells me more than some full-length novels ever could.

I only wish I could write Auron that well. Stubborn, unknowing in how to raise a hotheaded child like Tidus. Yet he manages it, and you tell it sort of like a summary, interrupted intermittently by what would be a fifteen-second conversation in the present. They fit so well together. Seamlessly.

You refer to Auron's past and compare it with the present. From warrior to guardian. And yet his personality doesn't change. Of course, this is Auron. It wouldn't change.

I also admire very much the way in which you told of Tidus growing up. It seemed very much the way a boy in his position in life would grow up. Loathing of his father. Distant from his guardian, but curious enough to know about him. Tidus was that: a curious kid. Even as the teenager we saw him as in FFX.

What can I say? Once again, this story told me so much more than what you actually typed. It was a breath of fresh air, and a truly wonderful story.

~ SirGecko ~

Rating: * * * *

(rating is out of four stars)

P.S. I don't know if this means anything, but in the entire time I've been here, I've only given three other stories four-star ratings. I enjoyed it that much.
Hiro-tyre chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
That was the best thing I've ever read. Which which is perhaps an exxageration, but not by much. I dearly, dearly love this fic, and am happy to favourite it.
Elendraug chapter 1 . 1/10/2007
There are no words in the English language capable of describing how much I absolutely adored this. Your prose is entrancing; the words sounded exactly like a skilled storyteller (which you are!) as I read it. You've captured their relationship perfectly, especially in the sparse but spectacular dialogue, and I can't possibly thank you enough for sharing this.

Truly wonderful. It's going on my favorites list instantly.

Thank you.
unwinding fantasy chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
Loved every second of it. The characterisations are perfect and there's really no greater compliment I can give you than that. Because I know how difficult Auron is to write.

Keep up the ace work,

~Aqua~
SafireGriffon chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
Wow! I really liked the stylistic decision here to break it up into peices like this. "Tell me a story!" So cute and serious a question at the same time. I also like how Auron keeps trying to compare Tidus and Yuna, too. "Yup. Much easier to raise the girl." ;) I liked what Tidus said, too, toward the end, about wishing Auron was his father. Auron's not too big on feelings and whatnot, but even he had to feel a little glow in his heart then. Very well done.
JupiterLily chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Interesting writing style, loved it.

-Sarah