Reviews for Learn to Crawl
PrincessWraven chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Aww...this is sweet. I like it :D Keep writing!
Wut chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Reasonably prescient.

Obviously, Azula got corrupted a little earlier than you anticipated, but you managed to get the progression right.
Tar Irene chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
This is really powerful and really awesome.
Ganheim chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
and with her eyes she begs them not to ask questions.

[‘with’ seems unnecessary, but otherwise I like the stark succinctness of the idea]

Friends do not ask questions.

[I disagree, but it’s the questions that are asked that differentiate friends from strangers]

Friends do not judge.

[Everybody judges, they’re just not asking her to dredge through the memories of what made her into what she is. A decision that keeps balance in the present, but doesn’t do any good for the future]

Friends respect each other's boundaries.

[So do enemies, how is this supposed to differentiate them from uncaring strangers?]

Friends know when they need each other.

[I agree, but didn’t the scene itself tell us that?]

Excellent technical work, though I disagreed with a number of the quippy statements at the end of each scene – strangely, if those singular lines were removed and the scenes were left to speak for themselves, I don’t think there would be anything to say about the story. Not bad.
CalliopeMused chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
I think season three did prove your point. She lied to Ozai to bring Zuko home, and the only way to turn that gesture sour is to get so twisted in logic that nothing makes sense anymore. She could have told Ozai that she hit the Avatar with lightning, and that he was probably dead. She could have had Zuko thrown in jail next to Iroh. Instead, she takes Zuko to the beach. She's starting to crack around the edges, maybe, but she's okay until Mai and Ty Lee both leave her.

I really like your Azula. She's entirely in-char, but there's still something that makes you wonder what would have happened if Iroh had given her a chance, too.
card castles chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
This was beautiful. Too bad their friendship was basically destroyed in Season 3. But the story - it was just perfect.
Flame of Hikari chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
I liked that, and excellent title choice.

I would say more, but I forgot what it was...

Ah well.

Devilchika18 chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
Again, amazing. I agree with you on what you said about Azula and her relationship with Ozai. I am hoping against all hope that this season we see more of Azula's personality, and hopefully a good-side to her. I do love my Azula though, anyway I can get her. _ Great job!
Enelya Elendil chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
This was a great way to show a different side of Azula. It shows that she does have a heart deep down inside. It also gives a wonderful example of true friendship. This story was beautiful in more ways then one.
Blues59 chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
Intrasting. I never thought about her that way. Although i remeber I didn't start to like Zuko until "The Storm" when we learned more about his past so maybe will get to see more of Azula's childhood in the third season.
CC.Both-ways.Mylie-YAY chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
I really like this take on how Azula came to be the way she is, and that she is not all evil. I guess a bit of it was undone by the flashback of Azula at a young age in Zuko Alone but it's still enchanting. So many people call her a sociopath, but no one has pity for how she became that way. Though short, everyone's really in character.
Domenic chapter 1 . 12/24/2006
Excellent, especially when I came out with something not entirely expected: the ultimate friendship between Ty Lee, Mai, and Azula, something I really don't want to see break up in the show.

As much as Azula impressed me the first time I saw her, I wondered as well if there was more to her, and still do (thus currently on a search for complex/new look!Azula fic; this a perfect find).
nmshy chapter 1 . 12/9/2006
I love this story. I think that Ty lee and Mai are the only ones that Azula would not kill.
Clone Number 5 chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
Oh, how sweet! I like the sympathetic light you throw on Azula; most people cast her as a heartless sociopath (myself included). And Mai and Ty Lee are unfailingly wonderful. Thank you for the great read!
VeglmaToo lazy to login chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
Very intertesting.

You did a great job!

(...Ozai is just evil. :P)