Reviews for Down From the Door
fierynightangel chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
awwwww! wanna see who the old friend is! and if he figures out where her quote's from!
Kamp chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
nice type musing thing. i like it.
Arwen Lune chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
Posted this on LJ as well, but in case you don't see backdated comments there:

Found this today (during my evening-long crawl through your fiction archives, I might add) and love, love, love it. I'm a Tolkienian, that helps, but the best part of this little fic is the *acceptance*. River is still River, near the normal communication wavelengths but only occasionally aligning completely, but Mal accepts, and understands, without a problem. I love the way he goes along with her focus and then gently directs the conversation to the question if there's an immediate problem. He thinks in her frequency, or near enough. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
wren10514 chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
That was great! The opening paragraph especially rang so true that for a second it actually felt like you were just recapping something that had already happened in the series. Your River is very well balanced as well - a lot of people try too hard with the craziness and it ends up just sounding really fake, but yours is just crazy enough. Don't know if you're planning to do more with this but if you are I would love to read it!
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
Beautiful stuff here, Jedi Buttercup! Though you've gone and made me want to see a follow-up to find out who the mystery person is that will be glad to see both Jayne and Inara;)

BEB
Raven McBain chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Helo that was amazingly good. Short and sweet, can't wait to find out who the old friend is. I LOVED the LotR dialogue tie in and I just know the song he was huming at the end was "The Road Goes Ever On" Great job, you had both voices down pat.
lonelyeyedgrrl chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
I enjoyed this and hope there's more... I have a guess of who the mystery person is but I can't wait to actually find out! :)
Riana1 chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
wonderful and impossibly beautiful.

I adore your Mal and how he sees River.
Raiining chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
I liked it! Very nicely done; good tone captured and easy to see. Enjoyed the line in the sand, and heard a lot of Gandalf in that voice. Very curious as to who the "fallen on hard times" friend is? Someone we know from the series?

(which I finally watched, much to my betterment. SO much better than I thought; though it made the movie look bad by comparison :-( win some and lose the rest, I guess ;-)
Sakura123 chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Hey, I enjoyed reading this short story. I'm still quite new to Firefly/Serenity, but I did enjoy the movie and the first three episodes (Serenity pt. I & II, The Train Job). That aisde, I wasn't sure how to read into this one [non-couple wise], but I did like the characterization of Malcolm and River through their conversation. And I couldn't help but catch the clipped quote (if you noticed or did it intentionaly) from "The Fellowship of the ring (film)."

Bilbo: "It's a dangerous business going out your door. You step onto the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

That movie rules!

Keep up the good work!

Sakura123
Gwenfrewi72 chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
I think I know who it is and can't wait for the next shiny chapter!

Yeah, keep it coming!
Sophia Adamo chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Who is the friend? It's probably obvious, but I can't tell and I wanna know. Anyway This was fun. You got the characters down just right can't wait to read more.