Reviews for Transfigured Hearts 27: Through a Glass Darkly
unique.normality chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
"What it hates, it destroys."

I love that line for some reason. It totally encompasses Remus' problem and his life and his emotions...
Calyndra chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
Oh good grief.

I knew it would be Tonks finding him.

I'm glad she finally took off so maybe it will sink in his bloody thick head that she's not giving up.

And no, this one wasn't nearly as bad as Steal, Kill, Destroy.

Caly
fireblazie chapter 1 . 8/3/2007
Oh, Remus. *sighs* The angst hurts, it really does. It gets happier, right? xD

But again - I really do love this series. :D
Lupinfangirl chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
Good job, even though it was a bit too angsty. I agree with Remus: being sick in front of other people is awful.

It was amusing to read about Remus’ and Tonks’ speculations on what groups of dementors are called, so I think I’ll take playful Remus (even though this review was too short).

Lupy
Gilpin chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
Wow, it all got a bit raw in this one, didn't it? And not just the steak either - I've actually been wondering if Remus would usually have it cremated as opposed to what he'd really prefer (if Bill is anything to go by), but now, clearly feeling the wolf has won, thinks this is yet more poof that he's no longer in control and can't behave like a 'normal' human being. And as I now seem to be psycho-analysing steak eating preferences, it's clearly time to move on!

This is a very powerful - and moving - look at the damage done to Remus' mind and self-esteem. And the damage done to Tonks along the way. She's right; she doesn't understand, but she's also right because he won't let her. It's all the more hard-hitting for the humorous mid-section (I could have hit him when he told her it was time to go home), which saves it from being a total angst-fest and made this reader will Remus to just sit back and enjoy himself again. But it's hardly surprising he can't.

Lots of bits I loved; especially him taking Mrs Black's insults and the mirror's personally, even while some part of him knows it's probably not aimed at him at all. And heading for the Shrieking Shack to have a temper tantrum at what life's done to him was superb, as was Tonks knowing where he'd have gone. The Wolfsbane making him sick - presumably because he feels the wolf is so strong now and fighting the poison - as opposed to POA where Happy Remus seemed to have few problems apart from the taste, was very fitting.

So, yes, I do feel this is as low as they both can get but, on the plus side, some things were said that needed to be, and he seems to have abandoned the must-protect-her thing for the I'm-unworthy thing. Progress of sorts! Which is a nice set up for the hospital fic to come. Meanwhile, I sense a great need for a sensible man to come along, with no interfering Molly butting in, and a bit of common sense in all this. ;)

Excellent, thought-provoking (or steak provoking;)) read - not quite sure how you switch from this mood to ours though! LOL
Lady Anck-su-namun chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
Wow that was depressing!Great job though!
Lone Stranger chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
Curse you and your cliffhanger! :)

Poor dramatic and angsty Remus. He just needs a hug...do you think that can be arranged? ;) At least he's beginning to change...somewhat. It's hidden in there somewhere.

I was wondering, have you ever heard the song Love Heals from RENT? Well, it's kind of from Rent. It seems to reflect the Remus/Tonks relationship, and your timelined version of their relationship. If you get a chance, I would reccommend at least reading the lyrics. :D

-Dev (Stranger)
Taela chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Oh, another awesome installment of Transfigured Hearts. Sure it was depressing, but it was oh so good. I just love all the emotion. And I really love the description when Remus starts to transform, of his eyes changing color like striking a match. That was really really cool. That image was just so awesome, it really stuck with me. Oh yes, this was a wonderful addition to the story and I'll keep my eyes peeled for more wonderful Tonks/Remus goodness.
MollyCoddles chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
The edginess is palpable in this fic. I may have developed an eye twitch from the tension.

The agitation and irritability is so clear - except for that sudden should've-been-revelation of calm in that single beam of sunlight hug.

Not only does Remus seem to attribute every single negative emotion to the wolf, he believes it completely incapable of positive emotion. I wonder if Remus would relent a bit, he and the wolf might reach an understanding. Seems even -or especially? - the wolf in him just needs a hug. ;)
ishandtwofourths chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
wow, if this isn't rock bottom, i don't know what is...

but wonderful, as always. i liked molly coddling remus at the start, that was nice - she can finally feed him to her heart's content. she was probably going through hell when he was underground, fighting the urge to send him care packages or something... ;) it's an interesting contrast between her and tonks, who obviously wants to take care of him as well - i suppose she better understands about his pride and such, or perhaps the fact that some things he needs to take care of himself (as in, him accepting that she wants to be there with him).

loved the dementor chat, how it added a bit of levity to the situation. personally, i think a 'shiver' sounds pretty apt... but how nice, that they could go back to their easy bantering ways, if only for a few minutes. it can be done! amazing how tonks honestly makes remus forget all about the impending pain and such - at least he really does recognize that she's good for him. if only he could see that he needs her more than ever now...

but no, instead he actually managed to drive her away. wow. what a great build up of everything that happened between them leading up to it... how utterly depressing. really, the man needs to stop making excuses. at least he added something new to the pot other than the usual 'too old, poor and dangerous' routine, with saying the wolf had a tantrum... he needs to give himself a break - people can throw tantrums, it's pretty natural. but he holds himself to such a higher standard, striving to be perfectly polite and mild-mannered and such, proving that he's not like the other werewolves... but really, giving the wolf the credit for those negative aspects of himself seems to be the more feral thing to do, in a way. the pain he's causing is the MAN'S fault, not the wolf's, really - and being able to admit that to himself would be a big step in accepting how human he actually is.

er... i don't know if any of that makes sense. i'm sort of braindead, it's friday afternoon after classes, and i'm just out of it. sorry! hopefully i'll be well rested for your monday posting, i'm looking forward to it! ;)
PotterAnon chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Ah... another glorious addition. Excellent chapter, even though the will-they-won't-they makes it difficult for me to read! Hope Remus starts feeling better soon, poor lamb...
Pheo chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Wow! Bring on the angst!

Again, I can't stress enough how much I love your capable Tonks. She's portrayed as weak and helpless during this period so often, but your Rejected-Tonks does her absolute justice.

The very best part of this is Remus's "haunted werewolf" self throwing a tantrum-not only your excellent description after the fact, but Tonks pointing out that he simply can't attribute his raw emotions to being a werewolf. I think that the night before's little episode of Tonks rushing out of the darkness to hug him and vanish really helped illustrate just how haunted Remus is, too.

Excellent, just excellent writing and if even this is not rock bottom, I don't care because I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel-and I trust you to make it insanely bright! :) Can't wait for Monday!
Paloma chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Bless you and your collective nouns! Love'em! I think my favorite is a parliament of owls, but the shiver was pretty groovy as well. This is a great read, missus, if sad as hell. Can't wait for the next. Paloma
Kerrymdb chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Very nice. I've been waiting for Remus to let loose some of his emotions. I had assumed that Tonks would have been on the end of a very long tirade. But I really loved that the anger came out in his wolf form. And of course Remus assumes that it was the wolf's fault and that Tonks was perceptive enough to realize that it was Remus that was angry, not the wolf.

Molly is simply Molly. I love the way you write Molly. At this point, she has completely adopted Remus and I just can't help but wonder when Remus will truly see that. That even with her fears of lycanthropy, that's he's become a son to her just as much as Bill or Charlie.

And I'll go ahead and take the playful Remus. Good job!
Bardlover chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Something lighter on Monday? YAY!

So about 2 more, then happiness. Good.

I liked this one, though. So realistic and poignant.