Reviews for Just another Seattle Night
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
So sweet. I love how he care's about her. And just by making a sandwich he can show it. And she realizes it also. I love them together like this.
BerryEbilBunny chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
AWH! How adorable! I can really see this happening between them.
Ica44 chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Such a sweet piece of fluff. I especially liked the line when Logan was so pleased about being able to show her he cared, by cooking for her in the middle of the night. Totally made me melt...
jfg207 chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
Hey. Didn't Logan have a reaction really to Max's attire?
lisa316 chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
How could I have not found this sooner? This is wonderful!

Excellent point about Max showing her abilities in front of her friends. I always figured they either loved her too much to see anything strange or else they were just sort of stupid...or maybe a little bit of both. You did a nice job clearing up that discrepancy.

The part where she's watching Logan sleeping at his desk is sweet, and I would have loved to be there to see the look on her face when he woke up to see her standing there dressed like a stripper. That's one of those gems that should have been worked into the show! Thank goodness we have you to clean up the mistakes the original production team made.

And I really liked the part about why he cooks for her, making her feel like she has a home and people waiting for it. Seems like it's working.

This excellent little story would have made such a sweet ending to that episode. Thanks.
Kyre chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
Too tired to leave a more detailed review, but I want to let you know I read and enjoyed. Max's thoughts about her tendency to display her special abilities too much, and her thoughts about Logan, were right on - and I would LOVE to have seen onscreen Logan's reaction to her outfit. lol

Nicely done.
BlueAngel137 chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
Beautiful Max/Logan moment!

I always wondered why Max wasn't more carefully with showing her abilities (especially in 'Cream') and you provided a nice solution. And it's just plausible that she feels the need to speak with Logan.

Favourite parts:

-...There was something else, a queasy feeling that didn’t have a physical origin, but – as Kendra would put it – was more ‘visceral’. ... (and the whole following paragraph, it's beautifully written, great job!)

-...but the rumor about the two girls who not only had won the evening’s lottery but also had beaten up a whole bunch of burly guys surely would become urban myth by the end of the week... How often could she do this before somebody got suspicious ... (yep, so true, but as dangerous as it sounds, I have to admit the idea of Max and OC becoming 'urban myth' sure has it's own attraction, :))

-...There in his office, with his elbows perched up beside the keyboard and his head resting on his hands in precarious balance, Logan had given in to his fatigue. He seemed exhausted, even in his sleep, like someone who needed a good night of sleep, but didn’t allow himself the badly needed time to rest. Obsessing again. Max sighed. ... (really love the picture you draw here)

Thanks.
Sossoca chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
That was good! I really liked it, and you should write more.
shywr1ter chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
Hey – sneaking in while I was out of town? Great to see this posted!

This is such a warm, comfortable scene showing the growing connection between Max & Logan – each happy to be in the other’s presence. All the moments like this one are what led up to the big ol’ smooch in BBWW – or the very different but still big ol’ smooch in Meow.

Once again you paint terrific visual images in your scenes– Max leaning against the doorway, Logan’s eyes popping at her outfit– but my favorites (like this will be a big surprise :P) are your wonderful images of Logan:

“There in his office, with his elbows perched up beside the keyboard and his head resting on his hands in precarious balance, Logan had given in to his fatigue.” (You can just imagine how cute! :P Why do we all like sneaking up on Logan when he’s sleeping? Guess ‘cos it’s that vulnerable moment when he isn’t focused & intent on saving the world...)

“The only light, cold and bluish, came from the screens surrounding him, their display caught and distorted by Logan’s glasses which were slightly askew, pushed aside by his long, elegant fingers. He must have sat here since the late afternoon, obsessing with a project and not bothering to turn on the

lights.” (I especially like the two light references– the blue of the screen, and the distortion it takes in his lenses. Of course, the cock-eyed glasses are perfect with that scruffy chin & disheveled hair too! Yummy... and nice reflections by Max here & in the other paragraph, as she takes all this in and is not

only showing concern for his exhaustion, but for the fact that he might have found meeting up with Herrero disturbing...)

“She hadn’t meant to startle him, but nevertheless, Logan’s head jerked up abruptly at the sound of her voice. Stretching his shoulders he gave his surroundings a groggy once-over, seemingly unable to utter more than a dull “Max…?” His voice, husky with sleep, carried a slightly hesitant note that was underlined by the confused drawing together of his brows.” (Is it possible that groggy Logan is even cuter than sleeping Logan? Well done! This is so clear, it plays like a movie in the reader’s head as

they read...)

“Instead of answering, Logan repositioned his glasses with deliberate care. Then he resumed the staring, his expression somewhere in between sleepy puzzlement – and appreciation for what he saw.” (Again, so easy to see the expressions & actions of Logan here... :} No wonder he was confused...)

“Each wearing a pleased smile, their eyes locked, captivated by the simple presence of the other.” (We all know that look!)

“She didn’t bother to tell him that she risked her safety on a regular basis on his Eyes Only missions, that breaking into a police station was far more likely to draw attention from the wrong side than playing poker with a couple of Mafiosi. It would be only an unnecessary reminder that ever since the shooting

he was shut out from any tasks requiring legwork and inevitably put a dampener on his blessedly good mood. The one thing that counted, Max mused as she quietly watched how Logan placed the

sandwich-filled plate onto his lap, was that he seemed to genuinely care for her. This in itself was enough, made up for all his occasional crankiness and misplaced priorities.” (Good for Max, not only wise to keep her comment to herself, if she thought it would be an unpleasant reminder, but to recognize that he does care, and that caring can be demonstrated in spite of – or even *by*– cranky behavior. )

When the show had the scenes calling Max a “human fog bank” it made me wonder if they were only thinking about it communicating that Max has *secrets* and was stand-offish, because of it, or if they were smart enough to be using it to foreshadow how different her relationship with Logan would be– from the start he’s known all about her so she has the freedom to open up to him and to have a more“normal” caring, *honest* relationship – no huge secrets (more than she ever could with anyone,

whether the relationship was romantic or just friends.) This last paragraph is nice to show that Max is learning all about those “normal” relationships, that people are complex and even if you yell or get p*ssed at the other, or are cranky or busy– the caring doesn’t have to go away.

Uh-oh– the “review” is growing longer than the story and should be moved to the “Wallowing” topic on BBWW! :}

Thanks once again for a lovely moment of M & L. Hope you have many, many more in you!
BookWorm37 chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Wow, this was really great. I love the insight you gave into that episode. Excellent job.
annie200 chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
This was a delight. I liked the way you incorporated it into the space between 2 episodes. And Max's musings as she comes to realise how much Logan means to her were great! Encore!
Maria656 chapter 1 . 9/15/2006