Reviews for Child's Play
Red is my favorite character of ff7 really. ..
Kaist chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
Searching for some insight as to Nanaki's character led me to this fic, and I have to say that I highly enjoyed the look into his mind. The thoughtful tone really fits him well- I believe that's what stood out most to me. He's as important a character as any of them are. Thank you very much for writing this! It's helped me quite a bit.
Raine Wintermoon chapter 1 . 6/6/2014
No one could resist the cuteness of the kids. And I still can't believe that Nanaki got, what, only a line in AC/C. He deserves more love — for crying out loud, he talks and he's intelligent than he is credited for. Plus, he looks fluffy, heehee.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Nanaki doesn't get enough love. Your stories are a joy to read!
Floating-Angel chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
It's always nice when I find a character piece, especially when the character isn't a main character. It gives me insight not only into the character but the world and the author as well. I love how you portrayed Denzel and Marlene and the play scene was inspired. Red's perspective mirrors how I often feel, so this piece has a special significance for me. Thank you for giving us this.
wolfspeaker01 chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Red XIII... My favorite character after Vincent and Zack. I love this little story, because it is true that kids often see things a lot clearer than adults. And when a person is essentially a talking animal, people are far more likely to ignore the fact that he has the ability to think for himself for the fact that he has four legs and a tail.

:) Loved it!
Haru Inuzuka chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
I thought this was both amazing and real cute. I was laughing my butt off at the ruckus Red, Marlene and Denzel caused~! XD Nanaki is, and always will be, my all-time FAVORITE FF7 character! He's so awesome, very wise (despite being young), and SO needed more screen time! DX I hate when people refer to him as a beast; just because his form is Wolf-like, doesn’t mean he's just an animal. Come on, he TALKS for crying out loud! Personality, I think he's more human than so-called humans are. ...damn, I went off on a tirade. My bad. " Anywho, loved this story to death, and would LOVED to have seen this as an after story to AC. -
DayMoon chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
What are you talking about? Red XIII is awesome! (and he has the cutest plushie!) I think the reasons why he isn't one of the most popular characters is because one: the love triangle, which he is not a part of is probably the most popular part, two he didn't die, like Aerith, and three, they really didn't work on giving him an interesting personality or back-story, like Vincent. I mean, yeah his tribe was almost completely destroyed and his father sacrificed himeself to save it, but I think the way they told it was what made it not all that interesting, especially since animal characters are usually pretty popular.
Irish-Brigid chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Ah, Nanaki is an often overlooked character. It's cool to see him given the spotlight. And I think you've captured his character rather well.
NadieQuerida chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
I enjoyed Red's POV in this story- quite clever of you!
Daniel Thwaites chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Pretty damn funny. Red XIII was, is and always shall be my favouret FF7 Character, besides Cloud of course
8oclocksleeper chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
i really like this story :) red xi is one of the characters who is not given enough justice in fanfics. i think the way you wrote his interaction with the kids was greatly done.
thewindsofsong chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
its rare to find a good red fanfic. its was a good read
mom calling chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
You said you didn't expect a huge response to this story of yours (from long ago, now) because Red was a marginal character. He's hard for me to get excited about, because without more beings in his tribe, what can be said about him and his families-tho he seems somehow to have fathered two children way off in the future-but you did a bang up job here making him important and meaningful. I am quite taken with this little story. And you managed to give us another peek at Cloud's authority and softness, which is all good for me! thx mc
Vladimir the Hamster chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
X3 Adorable story, and deep. I always loved Red XI. :P

He's very wise, but also technically young. In a way very much like the children he describes. :) Well... Advent Children as I saw it was about the future generation, so... I guess this is very fitting in many ways. :D Very well written, too. Um... ... ... (ellipses overload!) ...