Reviews for Child's Play
MorriganaFlies chapter 1 . 4/8
What a wonderful story.
rikkytea chapter 1 . 3/27
This completely warmed my heart. I'm actually a huge Nanaki fan and I'm so very happy I found this wonderful gem.
Yukiko Yui chapter 1 . 9/25/2015
I just found this story and it is a really great great one. I wish more storys where this good. It seams to me that you got red IIV to a tea. Good job
great gospel chapter 1 . 8/31/2015
Man, I love Red, and I love him interacting with the kids. It was nice to see him let loose for once and also some nice introspection on his character. His more somber thoughts flowed well with the decidedly more upbeat tone of the rest of the piece. My favourite line in particular was this: They were naïve, fearless – the way I used to be.

Well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
Red is my favorite character of ff7 really. ..
Kaist chapter 1 . 11/8/2014
Searching for some insight as to Nanaki's character led me to this fic, and I have to say that I highly enjoyed the look into his mind. The thoughtful tone really fits him well- I believe that's what stood out most to me. He's as important a character as any of them are. Thank you very much for writing this! It's helped me quite a bit.
Raine Wintermoon chapter 1 . 6/6/2014
No one could resist the cuteness of the kids. And I still can't believe that Nanaki got, what, only a line in AC/C. He deserves more love — for crying out loud, he talks and he's intelligent than he is credited for. Plus, he looks fluffy, heehee.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Nanaki doesn't get enough love. Your stories are a joy to read!
Floating-Angel chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
It's always nice when I find a character piece, especially when the character isn't a main character. It gives me insight not only into the character but the world and the author as well. I love how you portrayed Denzel and Marlene and the play scene was inspired. Red's perspective mirrors how I often feel, so this piece has a special significance for me. Thank you for giving us this.
wolfspeaker01 chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Red XIII... My favorite character after Vincent and Zack. I love this little story, because it is true that kids often see things a lot clearer than adults. And when a person is essentially a talking animal, people are far more likely to ignore the fact that he has the ability to think for himself for the fact that he has four legs and a tail.

:) Loved it!
Haru Inuzuka chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
I thought this was both amazing and real cute. I was laughing my butt off at the ruckus Red, Marlene and Denzel caused~! XD Nanaki is, and always will be, my all-time FAVORITE FF7 character! He's so awesome, very wise (despite being young), and SO needed more screen time! DX I hate when people refer to him as a beast; just because his form is Wolf-like, doesn’t mean he's just an animal. Come on, he TALKS for crying out loud! Personality, I think he's more human than so-called humans are. ...damn, I went off on a tirade. My bad. " Anywho, loved this story to death, and would LOVED to have seen this as an after story to AC. -
DayMoon chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
What are you talking about? Red XIII is awesome! (and he has the cutest plushie!) I think the reasons why he isn't one of the most popular characters is because one: the love triangle, which he is not a part of is probably the most popular part, two he didn't die, like Aerith, and three, they really didn't work on giving him an interesting personality or back-story, like Vincent. I mean, yeah his tribe was almost completely destroyed and his father sacrificed himeself to save it, but I think the way they told it was what made it not all that interesting, especially since animal characters are usually pretty popular.
Irish-Brigid chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Ah, Nanaki is an often overlooked character. It's cool to see him given the spotlight. And I think you've captured his character rather well.
NadieQuerida chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
I enjoyed Red's POV in this story- quite clever of you!
Daniel Thwaites chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Pretty damn funny. Red XIII was, is and always shall be my favouret FF7 Character, besides Cloud of course