Reviews for Sensory Deprivation
carocali chapter 4 . 9/17/2006
"And then, Sam stopped breathing.

Dean started forward immediately, but before he could get anywhere near Sammy’s face he felt something grab him from behind, an icy touch on either side of his head, and fireworks went off behind his eyes as his head was wrenched back, and he felt warmth beginning to drain out of him. Here it was. The thing that thought it was going to kill him.

Of course, it couldn’t know that besides the fireworks and the rushing wind that filled Dean’s head there was a single word repeating itself over and over in a still, small voice. Sam. Sam. Sam."

You made me twist and turn through that whole event! I especially love the description of the 'little puffs of frozen moisture' to let us know that Sam was still breathing. It's just stuff like that that sets this story apart.

Thoughtful. Innovative. Suspenseful. And SO well written. You captured the boys very well - and I LOVE Dean's inner mind through the whole event.

So happy you decided to make the leap to this fandom. I will be expecting a sequel since you flipped on the telekinesis - a personal favorite of mine! Please, please continue!

carocali chapter 3 . 9/17/2006
“...but I had a paper due the next day so I guess I missed whatever happened next.”

Dean rolled his eyes. Typical. Sit through a whole goddamn story in which Rory was a main character and then find that Sam had dorked out before the punchline. “You know,” he said, “sometimes I wonder how you ever got a girlfriend at all.”

That was weird. Sam hadn’t interrupted him.

He thought for a moment that Sam’s hearing had come back, that he had heard what his brother said and was sulking. The hope only lasted the split second it took to look over at Sam’s chair and see him gesturing at his throat, his mouth opening and shutting like a goldfish but no sound coming out.

Oh God, I read that and knew he was in for it. Not being able to talk. This is such an amazing progression of the 'illness' that is the bad guy. I also think it's really cool that you had taste be his second missing sense. You don't really think about that, but it would surely be missed as the others.

I'm so glad that John actually showed up and that Sam still had the sense (pardon the pun) to grab the knife to protect.

Awesome chapter!

laughandlove chapter 4 . 9/17/2006
That was a great chapter! They've ALL been great, but his one really hit home. It seems like it's it over? Please tell me it's not, I want to read more!
heartfallen chapter 4 . 9/17/2006
That was one hell of a chapter. I've already re-read it twice. Please tell me this story isn't over, yet.
Onari chapter 4 . 9/17/2006
Wow, the first part was really angsty. I loved it!

And then the final banter was really refreshing. Sam controls his telekinesis now? Good _

Good work!

bally2cute chapter 4 . 9/17/2006
Pure, unadulterated relief! I can't tell you enough how amazing your Dean is, I just love everything about him. That loyalty and devotion to his brother should be bottled. Papa Winchester was a literal life saver, but in papa Winchester fashion, he didn't stick around, but that's OK, he was there when it counted. Love the style, the flow, the words chosen, just everything. Excellent, excellent story!
Riana1 chapter 3 . 9/17/2006
This make my heart hurt. You bring the best of the boys.
Riana1 chapter 2 . 9/17/2006
Reading your work is like water in the Sahara, precious and rare than pearls.
Riana1 chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
I am adding you to my author alerts list, you are too delicious of a writer not to.
empath89 chapter 4 . 9/17/2006
is that the end? cuz at least it's a happy ending...i loved the chapter. poor sam! he really freaked out when their dad came...and dean crying...was amazing!

heartfallen chapter 3 . 9/17/2006
I was really hoping John would show up
heartfallen chapter 2 . 9/17/2006
Poor Sam
heartfallen chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Great start!
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 4 . 9/17/2006
Great story, sorry it's over. 4 stars for your first effort! Looking forward to seeing more from you, you write the guys really well.
DreamShadows chapter 4 . 9/17/2006
That was nicely written... sorry this isn't longer... but I don't have the time... I loved this story and have been reading it faithfully... can't wait to read more of your writing when I get the chance...

take care