Reviews for Sensory Deprivation
beyondtired chapter 2 . 9/16/2006
Wow. This is a really good story! I can so see this as an episode and the part when Sam went outside by himself and him telling Dean he could use the force if he lived in a galaxy far, far away were hilarious. I am really looking forward to the next part.
Onari chapter 2 . 9/16/2006
Uh Oh...This can't be good. Sorry for not reviewing your first chapter. Wow, you're a quick updater! You're story seems really interesting so far. I loved to read how Dean adjusts (poor guy, he would hate to think about it in these terms) to Sam's situation and learns to guide him around and all. My favourites bits would be...

Later he wouldn’t remember much between finding Sam on the ground and arriving at the hospital. Wouldn’t remember how he had managed to get his brother that mile that seemed like a hundred, through the trees and the tangled undergrowth that he didn’t remember being a problem on the way out, when he had been unburdened, when Sammy had been able to see. Wouldn’t remember whether they talked as he barrelled along the pitted dirt tracks towards the edge of the forest, wouldn’t remember barrelling either, though he knew he must have done, because there was no way he would have driven as slowly as those dirt roads required.

They probably hadn’t talked. I just thought this paragraph was especially well written.

“Dean-”

“Not now, Sammy.”

“God, why do you do that?”

Dean raised an eyebrow, glanced over to see Sam slumped sulkily in the passenger seat, staring sightlessly out through the windshield. “Do what?”

“Cut me off. You don’t even know what I was going to say.”

“Yeah I do.” Dean concentrated on manoeuvring round a particularly badly-parked SUV. “You’re not exactly Captain Unpredictable.” This was funny, and real in a way. Brothers...*sigh* even something a annoying as being cut off turns out to be an evidence of...let's say intimacy.

The whole conversation outside the motel with Dean wearing a towel. :D That was priceless

"Sam shook his head slowly, accepting the glass that Dean put into his hand without acknowledgement, just like he used to." That's also part of what I meant about intimacy.

"There was a long, pained silence from behind him, and then Sam said softly, “Yes.”" I have this thing for them when they say things "sofly". I swear I can hear them!

That's about it. Great work. Thanks for sharing!

xx
Evergreene chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Sam's blind? That can't be good...unlike your story, that is. Great chapter, especially considering that this is your first foray into the world of Supernatural fanfiction. Looking forward to the next update!
Sandy Murray chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
I think that this story can be good..wow a blind sam that will be so good
laughandlove chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Oh, wow! This is really good! Is Sam blind? No! That would really suck, for both he and Dean. I see angst abounding in the next chapter, am I right? Please update soon!
Carikube chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
What an incredible introduction to the fandom! First up, welcome! It's great to have you - with writing this good, I hope you stay around.

What's not to love about this chapter. So, the boys are cousins of the 'little tyke'. That was hilarious, and so Sam with his mop of hair and soft voice to convince when Dean couldn't.

Oh... and 'which half of his brain shut down'. That is SO Dean to ask a question like that. Just love it!

The scene with the hunter and the trophies was brilliant. A doleful walrus... what an ingenious way to describe a character!

But boys... what are you going to do now?

I love stories where I can't see a way out, a way to fix things, and this is one! Love it. Can't wait to read more!
bally2cute chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
That was great. I loved the wit, and I just love your Dean. Good thing Dean scared that "thing" off before Sammy turned into a sleeping beauty, but not without consequence. This seems like it's going to be really great story, and I can't wait for more.
pmsdevil01 chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
hope you update again soon.
charmed1of2 chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
OMG I PUT THIS ON ALERT HURRY UPDATE THIS STORY IS GREAT
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Welcome. I think you did a good job with the mood and personalities. It feels like a supernatural. Careful of a trite plot. Nothing wrong with an idea that's been used before as long as you can put a new spin on it. I'll keep reading to see where you go with this. :)
85 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6