Reviews for Father Figments
Liz I chapter 21 . 8/5
Ever since I found the headcanon that Patrick wasn't David Michael's father, I adopted it, as it made a lot of sense with the timing of everything. It also explained why DM couldn't come to his wedding.

I didn't expect his biological father to be Watson, but it brings everthing together. The Thomas' financial situation didn't make sense pre-Watson, especially since she didn't get child support iirc. That explanation makes so much sense, and I kinda hate Watson and Elizabeth for it. It's disgusting that Watson thinks money solves everything and that he can treat everyone how he pleases.

I really felt for Kristy here- she faced disappoinment after disappointment. Charlie, Watson, Elizabeth, Sam, Nannie, Abby... I don't count Patrick because he's an ass and no one expects anything good out of him, so it's not possible to be disappointed in him. I always hated him in canon. Worst father ever.

Kristy has no one at the end, which is heartbreaking and relatable. I'm just glad this is a prequel and that she reconnects with Mary Anne in the near future. Abby was a terrible best friend here, as she was very selfish. I can see where she's coming from, but I don't think she has to shove Kristy aside.

Nice work.
SuddenSummerStorm chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
I can't wait until your next update! I understand that you have other responsibilities in life other than keepin gus entertained, but don't keep us waiting too long please!

Elizabeth, I just want to shake her! She has to be strong for her kids. How she bothers so many of us is a testament to how well you wrote her... it'd be pointless to write fanfics if everything was like the Ann M series. IMO anyway.

I think she's interesting as well as frustrating. I mean, is she afraid of going back to the hard days post first divorce? And I'm sure after so much time with Watson belittling her, that must have shot her confidence. I mean, look at the way he speaks to her- (well obviously you know, you wrote them! :D) but if after a long time of hearing barbs like that, I'd start to believe I'm worthless too. That's how abusers get away with battering their wives-they manipulate to make the wife think she deserved that.

I don't know, I"m not a psych person but I just think that as much as I want to grab Elizabeth by the shoulders and shake her, I thik you wrote her really well!

Update soon please!
Celica60 chapter 21 . 5/8/2008
Charlie is such a jackass.

I really liked the short scene between Kristy and Anna. They could have been good friends, I think, under different circumstances.

But I think the exchange between Kristy and Abby was one of my favorite parts of the story. It was so sad and real. It was like Abby delivering the final kick to Kristy. I especially loved the last line.
LostFan86517 N SoccerGreekSwimmer chapter 21 . 3/3/2008
poor Kristy...I feel so bad for her...

so glad to see that you have updated...excited for more!
CNJ chapter 21 . 3/1/2008
I'm reminded a bit of the film *American Beauty* in this chapter...everyone kind of cynical and compacent, even Anna, who'd been ready to kick her boyfriend's butt for cheating with Abby earlier. Have you ever seen that film. Partly funny and mostly cynical and it's about a highly dysfunctional marriage where the couple constantly bickers and their daughter hates them both.

The one Kristy should be calling is social services, not Charlie. Perhaps Charlie has been abused and is afraid to come home and get re-involved again? That would sure explain a lot; sometimes people who just escaped an abusive, dysfunctional family distance themselves and want nothing to do with any of the other members. And Charlie cannot really "rescue" the others. It would be good, though if both he and Kristy called social services, however. It would be nice if you had Mary Anne also collaborate, maybe talk to the school counselor or caring teacher about their situation.

Good writing; keep it up!
CNJ chapter 20 . 3/1/2008
Wow, what a horrible dinner scene. Poor Kristy; she needs to call social services and also maybe talk to the school counselor. In this day and age, there is no need for anyone to suffer in this kind of envirnment in silence; help can be found. Scary chapter.
Drucilla Black chapter 21 . 2/25/2008
Much as Abby sounds like a bitch, I can also see where she's coming from. Please update again soon!
LilyLupinSnape chapter 20 . 2/19/2008
I'm so glad this story was updated again! Elizabeth and Watson are getting worse. I feel so sorry for Kristy to have to deal with all this.
AnneGirl15 chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
Good chapter...I havn't read the whole thing yet, but this was a good chapter! Keep it up :) ~Anne please r/r my work! THANKS!
Celica60 chapter 20 . 2/17/2008
The Thomas-Brewer family is disgusting. These people have no redeeming qualities. Poor Kristy. She is such a mess and really, she's done nothing to deserve any of this. Watson, Elizabeth, Nannie, Charlie, Sam, Karen - they're all basically worthless as family. Kristy shouldn't have to shoulder this alone. Her aloneness is heartbreaking.

It's difficult to choose who I hate more - Watson or Elizabeth. Watson is vile, but as Kristy's mother, Elizabeth shouldn't be putting up with his crap. Seriously, Elizabeth makes me sick. She's just pathetic.

There is no happy ending for this story.
Drucilla Black chapter 20 . 2/17/2008
A really heavy chapter...Please update again soon!
Celica60 chapter 19 . 1/13/2008
I was Oh, My God-ding! at the opening lines. I seriously thought Watson was going to try something with Kristy. Thank you for that momentary freak out.

Needless to say, Watson is a jerk, but he is right about one thing - Elizabeth is weak. He knows it and has used that knowledge to control and manipulate her for years. As awful as Watson is, I dislike Elizabeth far more. She's morphed into such an incompetent mother. Blech to you, Elizabeth.

I like how, after all that's happened, you have Kristy conflicted in her feelings toward Watson. As terrible as he is now, he was, in the past, a caring stepfather. Kristy can't wrap her head around the two-faces of Watson and really, neither can I. Has he hidden his true self all these years? Has his alcoholism revealed his secret or is it the source? I can't quite decide.

I think it's best that Nannie move out. She's acting as an enabler. As much as I worry about the family without Nannie, perhaps her absence will force Elizabeth to pull her head out of her ass.

I miss your updates.
LostFan86517 N SoccerGreekSwimmer chapter 19 . 11/19/2007
this is a really good story and I really like how its going...I cannot wait to see what happens next it the story...
trixyflixy chapter 19 . 11/16/2007
I am really liking this story! great job!
CNJ chapter 19 . 11/8/2007
Wow, scary scene at the beginning, esp. with awful!Watson threatening Kristy. If I were her, I'd contact the school counselor, then social services.

I can't imagine Nannie simply abandoning the kids to this Watson and the AU weak!Edie either; I'd think she'd take the kids with her and contact social services.

Good writing, very suspenseful. Scary to think what will happen now.