Reviews for Shake on it
Noradin chapter 1 . 4/13
There are inconsistencies in this about the time of the marriage in relation to the time Harry was conceived. The stories do not match in such an obvious way that it cannot be an mistake on their part.
lilyflower101 chapter 1 . 1/8
love it! :)
Nicolas Long chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
Though the story was well done I do have a few point of discontent.

1)-No matter what Snape thinks actions done during Imperio or things that act like the Imperios curse are still crimes; what Snape did to Lily while she was captive WAS rape. Technically, it would have been rape on both sides as they were both non-consenting in their actions but it is still rape.

2)-Forgiving Dumbledore, or even giving him a second chance, is a stupid move. This is a man who knows that he can do anything to you and you will forgive him because you have so far; he used up his chances long ago, he doesn't deserve any more. That doesn't mean that they can't get along in a public setting by being cordial and courteous but it does mean that he doesn't deserve another get out of jail free card.

3)-Snape is NOT Harry's father. I know that many will disagree but just because he donated some sperm (raped someone) doesn't mean that he is A father. A father is someone who raise you and sacrifices for you, not just who looks over you because of a promise to a dead person. You don't have to be blood-related to someone to be their father; those who are adopted are perfect examples of this.

For all intents and purposes James is Harry's father; he is the one who provided for him (while he was alive), tried to provide for him in event of his death (had Dumbledore not ignore his wishes and kidnapped Harry it would have worked), gave him happiness and in the end sacrificed his life with only the thought of his wife and child. Even Snape only wanted to protect Lily's son, or train the savior in his 'duty' to the wizarding world, those aren't the actions of a father (even after he found out the truth).

Just like with Dumbledore they can coexist, they can even become friends but it isn't changing the fact that Snape is NOT Harry's father and it's an insult to his Real father (James) every time someone tries to claim otherwise. I've no doubt that Dumbledore told Harry the truth less to bond him and Snape together but instead to try and keep Harry bound to himself; Dumbledore was as much a master to Snape as Voldemort was and his loyalty would have kept Harry under Dumbledore's thumb.

Dumbledore's arrogance in assuming he had any say in what Harry was going to do or go (at the beginning of the story) only makes me think that that was the entire point in revealing the truth; he was afraid that Harry might have an independent thought and not want to keep doing Dumbledore's bidding. How he assumed that Harry was going to be so grateful at having a father that he'd ignore who he was, and how he treated him, is a great question but ultimately I still think it was a desperate bid in keeping Harry bound to him (Dumbledore).

_

As I said, this was good story and, for the most, part I did greatly enjoy it but there were also some point that I did dislike too. Regardless of the areas of my disappointment I am glad that you not only wrote this story but took the time and effort in posting for us readers; thanks, and keep up the hard work !
rowenasheir chapter 1 . 5/1/2014
Sev should make AD live through all the memories of HP he saw!
moonprincess97524 chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
interesting twist on Snape being Harry's dad.
Xiaou Nem chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
*sniff*
A powerful story. But why is it called "shake on it"?
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Awwwwwww. Better than other severitus fics I've seen. Good stuff.
OneOfManyWriters chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
I hate Dumbledore in this! How could he not tell them!
But I love how Harry just took Severus in in spite of how the man treated him!
WhiteFang001 chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Very nice story :)
duj chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
"Dumbledore marked me when he proclaimed that the prophesy was about me"

Plot bunny: is it possible to write Dumbledore as the Dark Lord of the prophecy? (Or *one* of the Dark Lords .)
Richard Bloome chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
I can't believe Snape or Harry forgave Dumbledore. It doesn't matter what he 'claimed', actions speak louder than words; his actions showed that he didn't care at all for either of them except where he could use them, he needed his weapon and his spy and that was/is all he cared about.
Miriam1 chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
There are so many ways Dumbledore and Snape were wrong. This seems to have given them a chance to redress the wrongd they've done to Severus and Harry.

This was a nice way to end it.

Sincery,

Miriam
Scioneeris chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Poor Severus! I like the realistic elements in this though and I'm glad there was some sort of truce in the end.
kruszynka85 chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Hi

First time I read this fanfiction in my national language (polish) and I like your ff. So I decide to look at you profile and check if you wrote anothet part of this ff and you were :)

I like your ff because it was good to read about how Harry organise his new life and house and how he take care Severus when he(Harry) see how he life.

best greetings
silbernewolfsfrau chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
great how harry build a life for himself )