Reviews for Altered Destinies
Guest chapter 37 . 12/29/2020
I've skipped the last FOUR CHAPTERS because artificially lengthening the amount of time it's supposedly taking to rescue Tom is annoying. It feels fake and forced. It also feels like a "too tired and bored with this story to come up with enough material to have several chapters in between rescuing Tom and TIME TURNER PLOT so Tom'll be rescued the day before TIME TURNER PLOT happens".
Guest chapter 12 . 12/28/2020
Well, that was a fanatic way for James/Harry to ensure that the Slytherin bullies had plenty of material to bully his "son" with. If James/Harry didn't like Tom, why didn't he just ignore him?
Guest chapter 5 . 12/22/2020
THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WROOONNGGG

LIKE, THOMAS AND ELIZABETH POTTER AREN'T REAL
ALBUS WAS IN GRYFFINDOR
WOOL'S ORPHANAGE
ABRAXAS MALFOY, NO OTHER COUSINS/SIBLINGS
Nyumun chapter 39 . 12/16/2020
Muy buena historia, aun si se me hizo pesada en un punto
cavemanalarm chapter 19 . 12/6/2020
There are so many continuity errors that really detract from the story it is a shame as the story is actually decent
SpaideZ chapter 1 . 12/3/2020
Just a Spade casually dropping by
Guest chapter 30 . 11/27/2020
Orion Black is now my most hated character. I hope you have planned a suitably horrible end for him.
Guest chapter 18 . 11/26/2020
I think it would hurt to have to keep calling someone Ronald; a stab in the heart every time. Better a middle name which you wouldn't use every day.
AkitoshTheBold chapter 39 . 11/21/2020
Holy moly, this was amazing. I just blitzed through the whole thing at once. Thanks for the good work author. XD
aGnamZer0 chapter 39 . 11/16/2020
Woah, I never saw it coming. Sarah completely got me, and everyone else obviously. But I'm glad she made that choice.

Too many things happen in that chapter, so no way I'm reviewing that but it was a satisfying end. Thank you.

It would have been fun to have Harry and Christina duel before everyone so that the ones who don't know Harry/James learn to never mess with him. And seeing Hermione's look when she sees her mother fight like lioness would have made my day.

That aside, it was an incredible adventure reading your fic. Honestly, I have the feeling it was much more longer than 300k words with everything you managed to cram inside it.

I'm happy the first Harry Potter story I found after reading that one-shot was this one. I never read or watch canon and now reading it became something obvious. The Harry Potter verse looks so complete, detailed and full of possibilities that I can't possibly do otherwise. And it's your writing that allowed me to discover that.

And the fact I managed to read your story without ever reading the original work – though the Harry Potter Wiki was my best friend – is proof of your talent. If there was one thing that could have been good to add were the spells. Sometimes the ones you used were canon and I found them on the wiki, but sometimes they weren't and they weren't necesserily latin words – some were but not all, at least that's what Google Translate told me. So I would have liked seeing the meaning of your spell names and maybe theur origin.

Thank you for writing and sharing this incredible work with us. I enjoyed all of it!
aGnamZer0 chapter 38 . 11/16/2020
I don't want to sound like a git, but I'm happy with the remaining friends of Tom. Never was a big fan of Marry and even less of Xurana. And I like all the others. Be it the russian siblings, Nott's girlfriend, the French Veera or Nott himself.

At least he didn't lose his magic. I wanted him to stay in this time, but if the price is his magic then I still prefer to have him return to his time. That wasn't the ideal end I envisioned, I rather thought you'd find a way to keep him in this time with his magic and his family, but heh...
aGnamZer0 chapter 37 . 11/16/2020
Well, at least my fears of James losing his powers just before or during the final fight were unfounded.

So my first take on Serena was correct, the pain and anger James felt during Tom's meals was due to the Dark Lord's food. Serena pnly tried to prevent it. I'm happy.

I'm however sad that James took down Christina that way. I know that honor has no place in a fight, and Christina herself would have been the first to say it, but I would have like to see a fair fight.

Looks like Dumbledore was fated to kill his best friend.
aGnamZer0 chapter 36 . 11/16/2020
I don't know what to think about Serena's potions anymore. I think I'll just wait the reveal about it.

The duels were interesting. But thanks to James' training, Tom prevailed.

Now I'm getting slightly irritated by Tom. I don't understand his bond of logic. Why does he think of James like that is above me.
aGnamZer0 chapter 35 . 11/16/2020
Who is the idiot who set up a Malfoy for this damn mission? Couldn't have Minister Nott prevented that? Argh!

Maybe I was wrong after all. These potions maybe do the very opposite of what I thought they did. I'm getting very anxious now. Please Tom, don't go to the Dark path! Add to that that I fear James will lose his magic any moment now, most likely right during the fight, I feel nervous.
aGnamZer0 chapter 34 . 11/16/2020
Well, I agree with the book Tom read. Magic, science, or whatever discipline is only a mean. Wether it's good or evil only depends on the way it is used. Of course, some spells are really evil by nature but even then it's always possible to use them for good purposes.

However, I hadn't expected Tom would start doubting or rather lose the forgiveness he once gave him. He knew from the beginning James, at the time Harry, was here to kill him. And he had accepted it as his reasons were clearly justified. Even more, he was thankful for James adopted him and treated and loved him as his son. Why going back on that now? Tom, please don't start hating or even just stop loving him. Both of you love each other more than anyone else and I don't want that to stop.

If I read it well, I'm especially thankful to Serena. I noticed since she gave him the potion, he stopped calling his father 'James' but 'Dad'. Not only did she once help James knowing Tom had be attacked at Hogsmeade but she just gave him a potion that, I think slowed the progress of Tom's inner darkness.
4,037 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »