Reviews for November Rain
I know this story is really old, and don't know if reviews are even read anymore. But admittedly I'm only on chapter 17. But I have to say this is really unfair to Hyde in a lot of ways. Jackie seems to just want to play with him, push his buttons to get a reaction and then punish him for it. Then we spend the next chapter with jackie crying over nothing and Hyde groveling. I don't want to feel this way, I'm a total zennie, but right now, I think Jessica is the one who deserves Hyde and jackie is too selfish to be good to anyone.
Guest chapter 33 . 12/18/2014
Loved the whole ordeal. Worth it :-)
scoobygirl101 chapter 33 . 12/10/2014
First off I want to say that I know this story was posted so long ago, that I'm not even sure you will see this review. But I hope that you do...

This story was really amazing. So full of emotion and detail. I felt like I was watching everything on a screen. I've never been a huge fan of Jackie...but this story gave me a different perspective of her than the series ever did. I felt really bad for her at times while reading this...and I also felt really bad for Hyde too. I got frustrated at them at times too though.

It definitely was a crazy roller coaster ride and you had me on the edge of my seat the whole way. You did a great job creating Jessica and Collin. I really didn't like Jessica for whatever reason. But I actually really liked Collin and a tiny part of me wanted him and Jackie together lol. I also felt really bad when she broke his heart.

I loved that everyone in the story was So in character! That really captivated me. I absolutely loved how you wrote Kelso and Brooks relationship...it was so sweet and made my heart melt.

I also want to say that I LOVED that you put the Car that Runs on Water in here...it made me smile from ear to ear lol! But I wish Hyde would have showed everyone the pictures!

I also want to say bravo for the ending...when I started reading that chapter..I thought for sure that Collin would be out of the picture and it would just be sweet Jackie/Hyde make up romantic...but it wasn't! There was still lingering Collin...which definitely made things interesting.

At times while reading this I wondered how they would ever move on and be happy together...because it seemed they kept going back to that bleak hurtful past. But by the end...I really did believe they could be happy together. I loved that Hyde gave her his pinky ring too. So sweet.

I also really really LOVED the epilogue. I loved that Hyde was so concerned over her, and that he did give her all the things she wanted and never left...it made me smile. It was definitely worth reading.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/26/2014
Ok, I'm sure this was probably written ages ago but I don't care, I just hope you see it! I rewatched all of the seasons but I can't bring myself to watch season 8 because I know how awful Hyde will be to Jackie. I much prefer this! I think your story should be made into a movie to follow up a few years later on it all...just sayin! As yet to get past chapter 8 but, I'll admit it, I'm hooked! Love your writing and want to say thank you for giving us a Hyde and Jackie story that the writers of season eight robbed from us! Xo
huangjj chapter 9 . 7/4/2014
Also, Kevin is an awesome original character, and the part where they sneak around the plants is hilarious.
huangjj chapter 33 . 7/3/2014
Ok, you convinced me by the end, barely, that they should be together. Bravo for writing this absorbing tale. Colin was my favourite character in this - so major props for creating such an endearing original character! Brooke was also awesome - I loved the way she handled Hyde at her house and made him talk to Jackie. I actually would have liked to see an extra chapter of them happily together, just to finally solidify that it was going to work out. After more than 300,000 words of back and forth, even up to the end I wasn't sure they were going to work out! Anyway, well done on this epic novel.
huangjj chapter 20 . 7/2/2014
This story, it definitely sucks you in! I kept clicking to the next chapter even as I was wanting to take a break from all the heaviness in the story. It's very well written, the way the scenes are described, the amount of detail - it's so easy to see it all unfolding. Skillfully written! But at the same time, the complete lack of morals regarding their relationships with other people gets to me, and taints their relationship for me. I don't want these two to get together in this story, instead they should move to opposite sides of the country and never speak again! Anyway, this is obviously a mixed bag review, heh. This story definitely invokes emotion!
Jaycie Victory chapter 21 . 6/24/2014
Another gorgeous line: "catching her fingernails tenderly over his scruff. This close, she knew, he was capable of intimacy. " Such great insight - Hyde always relented the closer Jackie got. And you feel it here - that she's winning him over/bringing him back/reaching him emotionally through touch. And why not? That's how he fell in love in the first place. From what was supposed to be just a physical fling. And these two were by far the most tactile relationship we saw on the show. They couldn't keep their hands off each other. Literally.

This line: "Of course, while part of him, his deep-seated ego, was pissed about her indecisiveness, another part knew that he was far past being able to let that side of him take over. She didn't care enough about him to tolerate it. At least, he didn't think so." Perfect characterisation of Hyde! Brilliant indication of how he's matured but also gorgeous deconstruction of how he treated Jackie on the show, and why. He needed that adoration and feared it, owing to his deep-seated insecurity, but also took it for granted and was slow to apologise/sometimes treated her badly because he knew how much she loved him his deep-seated ego.

Also loved the little touches in this chapter. The Kelso/middle seat gag made me crack up and could have come straight from the series. And Hyde grimacing at Jackie's pink feather-topped pen in the middle if a serious moment. Loved it! All of it.
Jaycie Victory chapter 20 . 6/24/2014
"He had been ripped away from her so many times and, this time, at least, she had the incredible gift of knowing that it was coming." Love your characterisation of Jackie in this chapter. Love that she still clearly loves Hyde but was so wrecked by how it ended she's compartmentalising, protecting herself. Making it so that she doesn't consciously love him. Her surface reason for being with him a desire to reclaim the past, give it a cleaner, brighter ending that she can control, resonating with the unconscious reason that she just can't keep away from him. I don't agree with cheating at all, but you're doing an excellent job of depicting their mixture of emotions and providing compelling, sympathetic reasons for why they're doing it via the narrative you've created.

And your characterisation of Hyde.. Gah! He killed me in this chapter: "As usual, he was her second choice. Her second everything." Powerful choice of words.

"There was no use. Everything he'd done up until this moment had given him away. He was in deep. He didn't want to be but, everyday, she was proving him wrong about her and he was losing his will to fight." This fits in so well with series-Hyde and grown-up-Hyde you've evolved.

"This girl who seemed to see nothing in him. Which made her the most honest girl he'd met in years." This was a killer line. A lovely, subtle *heartbreaking* intimation of his self-hatred.

Loved the flashback. The sweet innocence it depicted... even whilst doing drugs... and the implication Hyde's name for Jackie in the series was "Tangerine". And the Leo scene was hilarious.

This was another very strong chapter. Feel like your writing really stepped up several gears in the last few chapters. Really enjoyed them.
Jaycie Victory chapter 19 . 6/24/2014
I'm surprised you think this chapter is poor or filler - to me it's some of your best work. Very emotive. There was something... cathartic about Hyde and Jackie finally talking about that night in Chicago and how hurt they both were. Like releasing poison from a wound. I loved it. And I love your physical descriptions of them. Resonates with mannerisms seen in the show which makes it really easy to picture. I like your characterisation of both (though occasionally find Jackie a little hard to follow) but I love your depiction of Hyde. Very true to what we saw in the show. But a little more grown-up, evolved. So, yeah, great chapter.
Guest chapter 33 . 6/23/2014
This was one of the best stories I've ever read! I couldn't put it down! Your very very talented . All the best

Dana Timmons
TigeronFire1986 chapter 15 . 6/4/2014
I'm a few years late reading this, and I don't know if you'll read this, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm loving this story so far. It'll take me a little while to get through it, since the chapters are so long, and my attention spam is so short, but it's a good sign when I stick to the end. Something that I'm really liking about this is the way you talk about Jackie's eyes being different colors. In season 1 she says her eyes are brown, and now that I'm re-watching the show, I'm paying special attention to the close up scenes of her eyes. Anyway, I hope they have a happily ever after, because season 8 was absolutely horrendous, and I want to meet the writers, just so I can scold them for ruining one of my two favorite relationships on the show. I also really like the involvement of Brooke, and how close she has become with the rest of the group. Reading this has started to peak my interest in finishing my Tina/Artie from Glee story that I haven't worked on since 2010 when my computer broke and I lost all my documents.
la muneka chapter 33 . 6/2/2014
I finished reading this story 2 weeks ago, and I already miss it. I need to re-read it again, but in a way I am saving it as a final treat after I've gone through all perfect J/H stories here on ff (and the number of those is quite high in a super satisfactory way!). But so far, even though I've loved a lot of stories here, this one is number one on my list. I can't even tell why, there's just something about this story, like it was truly deeply inspired. I loved every single chapter of it, and every single line. I already pimped it to 2 of my friends, who I hooked up on '70s. Just letting you know... a fan for life :)
la muneka chapter 16 . 5/8/2014
My god! What a fricking journey this is! I made it to chapter 16 so far and I am so frustrated I want to throw things at those moron stupid kids and yell for them to finally open their dumb mouths and TALK! Your writing is beyond perfect, you have me so hooked I can't do anything else until I finish this story, I can't predict what will happen, I can only hope with all my heart that they will finally realize, once and for all, how MUCH they love each other. Onto chapter 17 now... :D brilliant work!
KraZiiePyrozHavemoreFun chapter 33 . 5/3/2014
Completely wonderful! One of the best stories I've ever read!
1,581 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »