Reviews for Coffee Break
CloveeD chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Since Lost in Translation is one of my very favs in KuroFai fandom writing, and it doesn't seem to be moving toward the last handful of chapters no matter how many times I reread it, I admit I always sort of fantasize this one-shot to be the 'end'/'epilogue' of Lost in Translation xD Your take on Fai's characterization remains one of the greatest influences on my mental image of him. Something about how complete his set of fluid behaviors, accented speech and choice of words - thus I keep coming back to reread, unable to help myself! Appreciate and love your writing very much. Thanks for sharing!
Eru no Tsubasa chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Cute! XD
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Haha. This was great. The setting was perfect and I'm glad that they were able to have some sort of meaningful conversation.
Karma Kat 281 chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Fluffin' adorable! And is the other Ashura? Cuz then I'll cry!
KaoruKamiya307 chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Yay! This was cute! This has to have been set in New Orleans right? Possibly Cafe Du Monde? (Might have spelt that wrong.) I love beignets! Yummy! :)
Akatsuki210 chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
I really like this! Are Fai and Kurogane in New Orleans (or some similar location on a parallel world)? I liked Kurogane's "If I wanted space, I would have asked for it" comment. It highlights the difference in their personalities and the way they were shaped by the different worlds they grew up in: Kurogane's the type to speak his mind whereas Fai is more subtle, and I liked how you show them missing each other's signals as a result of that.

Fai's teasing about Tomoyo having to chase women away from Kurogane with a stick made me laugh, because the image of pint-size Tomoyo whacking people with a stick is amusing.

I also liked the line at the end about Fai's nicknames for Kurogane.

Overall, great job!
ZaCloud chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Wow, cute story. (Ohs noes, spoilers for Lost in Translation! Oh well.) I can't really imagine those two being intimate, but when it comes to writing characters, you do a great job of mostly keeping them canon. You write intelligently and thoughtfully. What's truly genius is the significance you gave to Fai's nicknames for Kurogane. Very insightful to things that Yuuko has said about names, plus neat nods to his possible culture. Very creative. You get my Anime Smile of Approval(tm)! *_*
Carmenliana chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
I can just
lolhahaha chapter 1 . 4/27/2008

i totally just realized that it's set in new orleans. cafe beignet is delicious, haha.
Steeple333 chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
You sneaky bastard. I read your wonderful "Lost in Translation" forever ago, then read your "desynchronosation" and only just now realizing you're the same person. ;D

Anyway, this is pretty good. _ Not overly sappy or sweet. Although I wonder what Kurogane would say to a mint julep. 9/)9 Not that I've tried it myself, but it seems a perfect drink for this "world". ;D First thing that came to my head once I realized where they were. _

Favoriteing you as an autor nao. w
RoxasIsReal13 chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
Ah Kurogane, just admit defeat. Fai is simply to kawaii for words.
Chibi Bishi chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
ah amazing! and super cute]
Rehime chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
I love the explanation of names Fay gives.

The writing is great as well. Nice work.
WitchyElphaba chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
Tee-hee, Fay sure is clever.

I loved this, it was an adorable story. Very well writtent too!
keito-kyokun chapter 1 . 8/14/2007