Reviews for Trifles
mistrali chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
This looks familiar, so it's possible I've already reviewed it at the SWG. But anyway, I like the way the Silmarils start small (as "trifles") and then continue to gain potent ingredients in small quantities ("a bit of passion there") until the sum is greater than its parts. And all the time we see that Feanor just wanted his father's approval, which would be given for nothing less than his whole self.

"I am worlds" - that's gorgeous, and typical Feanor.
Killingmemory chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
Wonderfully, beautifully done.
Greensleeves the Great chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
This reminds me of your Maedhros-on-Thangorodrim poem. For praise, see that review. ;)

Cheers,

Greensleeves
Mairi chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
I admit I am not very fond of prose poems, but this is a nice one- it makes you think. The one thing that sort of bothered me was that the title played right into the poem; it looks odd.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
*sigh* This is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. The idea that part of Feanor actually went into the Silmarils is a great twist on their near-sentience.

By the way - since you like experimental writing, have you read anything of Philosopher At Large's? She hasn't posted in years, but her fics are like . . . verbal gymnastics. It might be your kind of thing.
Eriala chapter 1 . 12/20/2006
wow... how do you *always* write so beautifully?
Ellfine chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
WOW! So much depth and power and emotion in those jewels. No wonder they drove the owners mad and made others lust for them, considering all that went into them.

Nicely done to both you and Feanor.
Dawn Searcher chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
Wonderful, wonderful imagery! Perfect use of language! Wonderful work! I am praising you with exclamation marks!
Riana1 chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
Lovely, lovely, lovely, what else can I say?