Reviews for In the Shadow of Phantoms
flah7 chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
that was incredible. Rodney is really a good guy.
Beth Green chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
I decided to see what else you've been up to besides getting married. BTW, *loved* the Stargate cake. Reminds me of a wee bit of personality we tossed in at our wedding ceremony. Hubby and I turned to face everyone in the chapel as Mr.& Mrs. for the first time. The traditional strains of 'Here Comes the Bride' began to play, interrupted by the sound of a scratching record, followed by James Brown singing 'I Feel Good (And I Knew that I Would) as hubby and I boogied down the aisle in our formal wedding finery.

Anyway, to show that I've been reading too much SGA fic, at first glance my brain read the title of this as 'In the Shadow of Penguins.' In the Shadow of Phantoms was much more appropriate, as well as a very entertaining story.

This line shows what an excellent grasp you have of Rodney's character. You wrote: His haunted eyes catch mine and I'm afraid he might cry. Rodney put that fear into words in last week's episode. The Return. You also had Rodney thinking that Carson should go back to Earth, which he did last week. Too bad you didn't actually write 'The Return,' as I know that you would have given Rodney proper goodbye scenes with his teammates. (Beth looks hopefully for more missing scenes written by you :)

Thanks for giving Rodney and Carson some quality time in this story, as well as prolonging Rodney's suffering.
Sholio chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
This is a nice little tag, and I'm glad you didn't fall into the "woe is me" Rodney characterization trap that so many "Phantoms" tag writers have been doing. It's a good read.
Sepik chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
That was interesting. I liked it. I liked the Rodney POV.
krysalys chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Freakin' awesome. Wonderfully written.

YAY tag scenes!

*happy dance*

-}-
The Watch Stander chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
I loved this episode. Great job getting a first person story from Rodney. Good story.
KateCayce chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Aw! I always knew Rodney had a heart!
Amaq Iraluq chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
That was a great tag!
Deb chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
This was really good... great tag!
skypig21 chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Right back atcha, Taz! Very nice character study post-"Phantoms," an episode that had lots of character moments but not enough resolution. I loved your Carson'McKay interaction here. Good job!
Nelowl chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Great exploration of the angst they felt after what had happened.

Nel
Mercury's Winter chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
Awesome! Love these tags, can't get enough! You really did the show justice, fantastic! THanks!
libratraveller chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
This was a really touching moment between Rodney and Carson, as difficult as it was for Rodney to get through to him, it made it all the more realistic.
angw chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
A good tag. I like the emotion and caring side of Rodney - with a little snark of course. The moment between Rodney and Carson says a lot of their friendship, securities and anguish of a mission gone wrong.
Jaws chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
Very nice, just watched the episode and this ties in really nicely with it . . . and it gives me my Carson fix . . . never a bad thing . . . Keep up the good work . . . like to see more of this, whether more on this particular story or more of this interaction of characters . . . All and all great job can't wait for more :D