Reviews for Still Shot
HBKHHHluva101 chapter 24 . 9/27/2009
I am absoultely in love with this story! OMG it's amazing. I love the ending. Great Job!
nomoreofthisimtired chapter 24 . 4/23/2009
aww that was a great story. i'm glad dave and orianne are finally together. off to read the sequel now
AerLynn chapter 24 . 8/5/2008
Loved it!
MutanXHottie01 chapter 24 . 8/24/2007
It's me,Danielle(accidentally left the help email in my review)I'm thankful that Dave has such a great mentor in Ric to give him nothing but love and support.I feel Dave would have been really lost and depressed without Ric's older influence and being alone is killing him but it's taught him to spend more time with can really tell it's true love between Dave and Ori because no matter what the other tried to do to distract themselves it was and is useless and the pain is just to seems just as lost without her best friend to talk to is a real piece of work and he angers me so much,yes,I know Ori made a huge mistake and that he did do a great service to our country,but he always put himself first even if he tried to justify that he did it for Ori and the nerve to say they had to work on HER,not him because he's above reproach. Everything is about her and her mistakes and her faults.I am proud of Ori for being so brave and trying to fight for what she had even though it was so very hard to leave where her heart truly laid,with has lived to much with the possibility of shaming or bringing shame upon anyone or anything that she buried herself into trying to fix the 's family is fractured right now but I'm glad the one person who was angry at her most,little sister Olivia,received her with open arms because she needed her big sis me away was Sloane informing how life was to be lived from now on and how she will have to take a job he picked,yes she liked to teach but the fact was as Ori stated,he never asked for her input or doubted her strength and that backfired on him for the ultimate last assumed,no,stated,they were leaving and she had no say and he had no trust in her,even though she tried to very hard to save their marriage and deep down she knew and he probably did a little that it was long over.I appreciate Shawn's help in their marriage,but he should know that no man is perfect we are all human and are not tried so hard to stay with pivotal moment with Sloan sealed Ori's fate and her ultimate decision to leave him for knew deep inside that Ori was right about him cheating on her and lying about when he'd quit to her about his had to admit the truth,it was killing her inside way too 's statement about their whole marriage being a practice separation for the trial separation rings so very true and did everything for Sloan,dropped everything for him and he only gave her very few things and even then it seems like it was a burden when he gave them up for her.I was so extremely proud of Ori for finally really standing up to Sloan and thinking of herself at the last moment Sloan had himself mostly in mind and that ultimately cost him has been to stoic for too long and to see her finally break down and shed real and hard tears and realize she only had one person she could truly go to,the person who held her heart, was doing a sorry job of throwing himself into everything he needed to do for his gym to open,I am glad that he still followed the drive Ori had put into him about the gym seems good actually that Dave and Randy have come to an understanding thanks to Edge and Carlito and they've come to a sort of peace between must have been a huge shock to Dave to see Ori sitting on his porch soaked in the rain and had a right to be cautious about Ori there at his home for sympathy or for true love and Dave was so emotionally overwhelmed about the words that came form Ori's mouth that she truly love him and she was here to stay with him and him only.I have a feeling her apology helped but wasn't needed on Dave's began in the rain ended in the rain. “You’re home now.”This was the perfect last line,THEY,were at HOME,TOGETHER.
MutanXHottie01 chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
MutantXHottie chapter 24 . 8/20/2007
nic-002001 chapter 24 . 8/7/2007
sorry all admitt I'm such a bad person...but on the other hand I did read all 24 I have to say I loved every since one of them..and now I can't wait to read the sequal..great story..cheers!
grafx.ALLURE chapter 24 . 4/7/2007
Took me ages to finish this, but I'm glad I stuck with it. Love the way you wrote this...especially the ending!

What began in the rain ended in the rain. “You’re home now. Let’s go inside.”

Almost brought a tear to my eye lOl So glad the two of them got together...woulda hated for Ori to be in a dead end relationship with her "husband". Again, loved the ending!

Maia
bajan-martini chapter 24 . 3/8/2007
Hey, I just finished reading your fic Still Shot. OMG! It was absolutely amazing. The way you created Orianne, she wasn't a marysue at all. She had issues and flaws - if she was perfect I would have stopped reading a long time ago - even if Batista was in it. The way you portrayed Batista was also very well done. The writing was wonderful as well, albeit a few cheesy scenes (no offence). I still liked it and you had me hooked from the first chapter. I loved the cliffhangers, the one with the paternity test and when Sloane arrived at the hotel. I'm glad I read this after you finished writing the whole thing otherwise I would have been just as frstrated as your other readers. I am between Randy Orton at the moment. I dunno whether to like him or just hate him. I read the "stuff" about him and thought he's not cool. But I don't know him, never met him, so I don't want to judge him. I'm sure he knows what he did was wrong. But I'm so getting off the subject. It was kinda funny when I started reading Still Shot. After reading two chapters I would stop and tell myself I would read the next chapter later... but I just couldn't help myself. I had to find out what happened next. I blushed, I laughed, I got angry, I smiled, I thought about Batista looking damn fine... Still Shot was just perfect. End of story.

I will def. take you recommendations on the other authors you suggest and hope they are as good as you! Great work! And can't wait to read your other fics.

Bajan_Martini
MutantXHottie chapter 23 . 2/26/2007
Where do I start with this chapter!First off,I am really wanting to bash Sloan in the finding that pregnancy test ripped everythng was no way Ori could get out of explaining that as part of her doctor's must have been so agonizing for Dave as he hide in the bathtub to hear Sloan's maniacal and psychotic rant at Ori about who the man she was sleeping with.I believe in trying to follow your marriage as hard as you can but in no way would I stand for a man like Sloan coming towards me with that angry look,one hit would be far too many for me.I know she thinks she wants to fight for Sloan,but I'd be darned to do that.I knew Dave would snap on him,and how dare he call Sloan call her a slut,I know he's angry and hurt but that's an ugly is not perfect and yes it was wrong to start this with Dave but dealing with a man like Sloan and the whole military thing was just a lot of pressure and mental stress on only thing I can say is that Sloan finally realized there's more to life than His own life,Ori's feelings and wants matter all the times to confess their love to each other at the same time,wow,Dave has come so far from not even wanting to think about marriage to pleading but actually wanting to marry Ori,faults and can really tell that Ori so badly wants to to say yes to Dave but her marriage is something she wants to fight for but I just hope she's still not wanting to go back,as evident now there is no going back.

“We are just alike—you and me—and you know it. Say you love me. I know you do.” This pharse has been the underlying theme of thios whole amazing was so so close to caving in and telling Dave yes to everything he asked.

Now Dave can't get away with it and he has to start dealing with it all.I almost feel Randy had no right to get mad at Dave because it was Randy who had darker intentions first with Ori and then with 's good Edge is there to help Dave through this whole thing right bit of humor with Dave worrying about how various parts of the government were going to take him out was great Ori huddled in the corner of the couch like a trapped rat with Sloan the lion hovering over her was a scary sight to me,I know he wants to keep an eye on her but it just didn't feel seems so hurt because it happened to him too but it wasn't so much Dave taking advantage but they were both volnerable and hurt from things that were happening around them and bam they gravitated towards each holds the military men and women and their families in such a high light of perfection but people sometimes fail to realize that they're human and make mistakes and have wants and needs like everyone Ori needs to realize it's not her fault they're both relationships are crazy in the WWE but sometimes when you find something right you should hopefully try to fight for it with all you have.

I'm justso very glad and grateful that there's at least one person who's close to Ori is yelling or scaring her and that's Cara.I adore Cara for being so loving and not judging Ori for what's going judgement just love and support for her in her time of great talking to her was a great but pleasent joy take it from someone who knows.

Now that Ori has foced time off everything is truely up in the air and Dave and Ori are trying very ard to find someway to breathe either together or not,one can hope.
MutantXHottie chapter 22 . 2/25/2007
It seems like Ori is loosing everything around her right didn't have time to grieve for Dave,not that she could ever forget him, and now Shaun her protector from Randy is least Dave pulled strings for him and got him a contract,good guy he is for seems so detached or confuse because she didn't even have the urge to tell him she loved probably still does care for Sloan,as eluded in the last chapter but she can't get that time back again,or truely ever feel the certain ways she does for girl even when she gets off the phone with Sloan she immediatly calls Dave.

Dave finally got her message and it was heart wrenching to see him want to call her back so her everywhere in his new,which felt more like Their home,was the most innocent moments of fun haunt him to the finally admitted he loved her even if it was to himself,now Ori needs to say it,and maybe is also fnally questioning the "no strings attatched",hopefully realizing it doesn't tries to coniince himself but it just doesn't work.

You could just hear the hesitation and heartache when Dave left that short but hard message for was sounded so confused and let down at the same though she doesn't want to give Dave up one more time I don't think she ever can not with the passion they still have even if it's still wants to see Dave even if it's on the screen,and seeing him loose the title was a shock to Dave loosing the only women it seems he truely loves and the belt,although I have a feeling the belt dosen't really matter right now at off time like Dave wants to will not be an easy thing to do or knew that these poker games would be so important to them,Dave and Ori are trying so hard to hold things was a smooth way you got Dave and Ori together with her loosing her chips first and Dave trying so hard to loose when he'd actually won the last poker Dave not to go was hard on Ori and you could tell she and aren't able to let go of each other as easy as they thought they could do it,which was never going to be easy at both let down whatever paper thing guard they had and gave in to each others passions,but now Sloan is on the other side of the door.A great cliff hanger and I wonder why he sounds so angry?Amazing job again.
MutantXHottie chapter 21 . 2/23/2007
This was one of my most favorite chapter,very emotional and beautifully said.

What an early birthday present for Dave from Ori,he seemed really confused about the outfit though lol!The bracelet Ori gave Dave was such a great present and very fitting.I absolutely loved his inner thought about becoming a metrosexual,he sounded kind of horiffied,it was wrong with a man who likes to be clean and groomed I say.

Poor Dave though,the backstage birthday bashes really did come through and he was away from Ori,something that is way to hard for him to do especially just shows how much Dave is truely and completely fell in love with Dave when he didn't even want to go out with the guys or to the strip club but he 's never really been a man to go there anyways even when they had can truely tell how Ori and Dave are clinging to each other every moment and every way they can possibly do it.

Ori does want and sort of feels obliged to go back to Sloan and art of me agrees with her but it just seems to me the way I feel is that she wants to go back to that first year and you can never just go back,especially the way she feels this passion for and with 'll never be able to find a way to occupy her time,as shown by always thinking about Dave atthis critical both keep thinking the other one doesn't want to stay together,but they need to say they truely want each other and that this no strings thing is in a knot now that seems it can't be 's fighting depression and slacking off on things which is another way they were together for the last time in this chapter almost made me want to truely showed each other how much they mean to each other as Ori commented.

"Life was hundreds of thousands, millions even, of interconnecting events. Those events happen only once in a lifetime; no matter how repetitive they seem, they are never exactly the same. Her entire life was built around capturing as many of those events as possible on film, an imprint of that happenstance. If a photographer was good enough, they could capture the emotions as well. If Orianne could make this moment stand still, the feelings, the atmosphere, all of it, she would capture the still shot and tuck it away for her private viewing to remind her of this period in her life, this interconnecting event that could never be recreated no matter the circumstance."

Very eloquent and emotionally charged is the statement for this paragraph,just shutting that door was haunting,but they have to much together and just to much everything to drop things that to tell Dave and Ori,but no strings attached can't be undone now.
MutantXHottie chapter 20 . 2/22/2007
When you warmed us that Hea was a wome not to be messed with you were right and it appaarently runs in the family with so easy for a women to tell when a man is in love.I understand their concern about picking up the pieces after a broken heart again but Dave is a grown man and it seems he doesn't like being treated like the same young gut who made a mistake.I like that Ori is tackling more of her fear,good for and ORI HAVE BOTH BEEN HURT IN THE PAST BE IT PHySICAL OR MENTAL AND THAT'S ANOTHER THINng that draws them together,even when they tell the awful truth to each other they're still there and not gone.I was young and stupid never gets old,I know,I did sonething stupid yesterday that could have had bad consequences.

Good ol Daddy he always the peace keeper or trying to slilently be the peace maker.I'm glad Ori and Olivia were able to put their differences aside and get through the and Dave are still being treated like kids but it is still comforting to know there are people who still care for 's good that Randy wasn't there otherwise Ori might have accidently forgot her peace promise with dad.I am soo jealous of the present Ori got from Dave! I absolutely adore Rubies as that's my birthstone,I probably wuld've screamed so loud the big house would've heard me!

Ori is so worried about Livi and she meand the best for her lil sis but Livi has to stepped in though when Ori accidently grabbed the purse and saw the condoms spill out on the was able to blurt out her secret about Randy even if Livi is so clouded by Randy right seemed way more when she found out about Livi,and it seemes like Randy is starting to make too many enemies to handle.

Dave's words do have a way of melting you know I saw Titanic,thought it was ok,went to see it again and wondered why I saw it in the first place.I like the comparison about the movie though.

Seeing Livi heart broken and IN SHAMBLES MUST HAVE BEEN HEART BREAKING FOR Ori to deep down knew her sis was telling the truth about Randy because otherwise she would have never ask about what was talked about before anything could have actually happened,blood is thicker than water fella.I like that Lvi trust Dave to talk about what happened with his "friend" in front of feels like even though Livi can't see it right now because of the trauma that knows without knowing thatthee's something deeper betwee Ori and Dave,JUDGING BY A FEW OF HER COMMENTS.

I can see that you did try to redeem Randy a bit with his comments,and I'm sad to say I almost believed him fora few secs,but then he would say something so dumb and cruel he was knocked back down to peon scum level understimated Livi,who's redeemed now from me,they're some smart girls and don't forget seems like he's almost sort of obesessed with Ori in the way he keeps refering back to her all the tme.I have this huge feeling that if he's stupid enough to try and talk to Dve about the "truth" of the situation,that the beating this time won't allow him to be able to walk out of tat "conversation".Watch your back Randy,watch your back.
MutantXHottie chapter 19 . 2/1/2007
To me it sounds like Sloan is more interested in showing off his wife than sppending time talking to her about herwants and needs in this whole situation of mostly thinks conciously or not about his own needs like he just expects Ori to break her contract and quit something that has brought her back to life just to bend to his wants and needs.

“Whatever you can find when we get settled, like always,” Sloan replied as if it was nothing.

That line right there just made me wanna reach through these pages and kick him in the head or some other a jerk to ust brush off her passion like that and expect anyone to just settle for something regular,it seems Ori dosen't want normal and Sloan is far to into his own world to realize that,jerk!Sloan getting angry about her tattoo was also mean and very Ori that's not like her in that tone he has far to often it "that" place has done to her has given her this wonderful sense of herself if not for "that" place she would probably be her same old sheltered self or worse,that's what mister!Yeah Sloan as nice getting the blankets and wishing her goodbye,but I don't like his concept of compromise very much really,at all.

Dave must have reeally missed Ori with that little risky move he did Ori,everytime she hears from or talks to her husband it gets of the time no strings attachted dosen't add up to what it's suppossed to and Ori have a very deep connection together.I love Ori's explanation of Randy being the last person on earth she wants to see lol,so so true.

I really loved that Ori was the center of attention in the Batista's Greek household,which the Greek are known for,it was a nice and warm feeling for her I bet and like she explained a big dparture from her family life back sounds like a grat brother and his parents sound wonderful and so cute. The family talking about the costumary goofy and embarassing stories is always a must when meeting someone lol.I don't think I'd like the drink Ori was offered lol not a fan of licorice.

Dave and Ori are getting really good a covering for each was amazing they were able to get back from his townhouse.I like how Dave's family really likes to take care of him as oppossed to Ori'smother almost judging her all the Dave has been burned in two relationships just like Ori is being burned,probably one of the things that drew them together,his ex wife must have been as bad as Gabrielle,possibly 's mother Hea is a very wise women and mother and I have a feling Hea feels something is going on with Dave and Ori,the way he talks about Ori so much and with such regard.I hope Ori realizes Dave does trust though Ori was a alittle ratteled by Hea's words I still like Hea,she's a sweety!
MutantXHottie chapter 18 . 1/26/2007
I have to confess I saw from some other pweoples eviews that I knew Gabrielle's baby wasn't Dave's but I was still excited to read and Dave's first reaction was a surprise nut would want to be tied to that psychotic family anways when he has Ori there to comfort and support him for had such a huge weight lifted off his shoulders of that whole sityation as was evident that night.

Like you said here comes the Maury Povich show,woopie!I know you've pointed out before that Olivia is eaasily maniuplated and suseptable being manipulated and Randy is just the snake to do that to Ori is so distraught and livid and Rady knows that just shows what a piece of trash Randy is to use Olivia and turn her slowly against had to do all he could to keep Ori from getting fired.I bet that was the worst Thanksgiving for Ori,ever!

I also got the feeling that Olivia feels like she lives a double standard when it comes to what she wants as opossed to Ori who was almost strangled with overprotection by their mom when it comes to boys,or slim in Randy's case and the way she blurted about the tattoo was very wrong and very rude toward her own sister and poor Orrin got dragged into it.I'm just glad her dad is a voice of rerason for her and that he's pretty much agreeing witgh Orianne about Randy cause Momma's an easily brainwashed fool regarding Randy and his silver tounge as you so greatly put it.I think it was a very good thing Randy stayed away from Ori,he had that going for him in his brain.

Poor Dave and his sister bugging him about getting married and having children,shessh,give him a break he just closed an ugly ugly chapter in his life and doesn't need her nagging about they sorta know aboout Ori thanks to the gossipers.I don't like hgow his sis sorta ragged on Ori though,sometimes people change and don't always stay with what they know,that's a good thing sometimes.

It sounded like Ori was more dreading than liking this visit to see Sloane,amna who I don't care much for along with Dave apparently from their meeting.I love Cara but this time she annoyed me with her over eagerness about Ori seeing Sloane,al little too much wanting to know about personal live,she means well is so into his own and disconnected from Ori it seems that he doesn't really wanna know how Ori feeld and live in his little world filled with over judgements and Ori,no one is prefect and he seems to not be able too see that.I do like the little cute romance betwee Cara and Cedarius it sounds to cute!

The little exchange between Dave and Ori was a relieving moment between the two for both of 's tactic to size up Dave was so childish because it reminds me when saw Dave's picture earlier and trashed was good that Dave kept his cool because he really does not liked Sloan,as do a bunch of us is righ,Sloan hardly does know his chapter,excuseme while I throw Randy into the line of enemy fire as a human shield lol.