Reviews for Set Me Free
Amber SanGiovanni chapter 17 . 2/20
I don't usually review when I read stories from more than a few years back, because most of the time the author has all but forgotten them, but I couldn't help myself here. This was extremely expertly written. Its not often an author so accurately depicts the pain and struggle that House goes through, and I was so pleasantly surprised by this. I also looked through some of the other reviews, and I'd like to say that I loved that you used 221b Baker as his address, as even the writers have said openly that House and Wilson were paradigms of Holmes and Watson. As well as, none of us are doctor's and so medical procedural mistakes are to be expected, and I feel your depiction of House and Wilson showed them as they are in the show, regardless of how doctor patient relationships are supposed to go. I loved this story. Absolutely.
AllyED chapter 7 . 4/5/2013
221b Baker Street? This is either a smart reference to Sherlock, either a horrible mistake of disaster ! I was having a hard time reading this, but this was the last straw
qw chapter 9 . 6/4/2012
My god, Wilson is such a tool. I work with patients in this condition, and if there is one thing you DON'T do it's behave like Wilson. He acts as if it's his right to look after House and that makes House owe him his obedience. And no, "it's for his own good" is not an excuse. Not at all. They need boundaries, ie independent nursing care, not Wilson's entitled bullying.

You have an extremely warped view of the kind of power medical professionals have over their patients. Unless the patient has been deemed mentally unfit, in which case they would be in a specialist facility, doctors can ADVISE, not ORDER. Cuddy not giving House permission to make his own decisions regarding going to the bathroom? Doesn't happen, and House would know this. Wilson forcing House through PT? Assault case, right there. "It's for his own good" DOESN'T WORK HERE. House gets to decide what's for his own good, not Wilson or Cuddy or anyone else. That includes PT, leaving the hospital when he chooses without conditions and wearing a catheter. You have made Wilson and Cuddy into self-righteous fools and House into an out of character doormat who won't make a stand.

A little research onto medical matters would go a long way here. Your writing isn't appalling, but the way you warp the characters and portray Wilson as being in the right when he CLEARLY isn't lets you down a lot. Are we supposed to believe that Wilson is doing the right thing here? You clearly think so. It's like partner rape fics where the victim is abused "for love" and the victim realises how wrong they were and falls into the arms of their rapist and the author is all "it's not rape if it's twu wuv!".

A final small matter - people like House, ie relatively young with good upper body strength should not use electric wheelchairs. Manual wheelchairs are far more appropriate.
i luv ewansmile chapter 17 . 6/18/2009
Awesome story! I quite loved the House/Wilson friendship. And I always love a good Hurt!House story, and the writing was amazing. Awesome job. I've read this story before, a long time ago it seems, and I just rediscovered it and thought I'd finally leave a review. Haha. Great story, enjoyed reading it.
Thiaf Yeroled chapter 13 . 9/24/2008
/Actually/, if I were House, I WOULD move them onto the streets. xD Go out and sell them, or just throw them out, and claim to have taken them.
sarah1228 chapter 17 . 3/23/2008
oh plz tell me you'll do a sequal?
kwittbugginme chapter 17 . 3/17/2008
cool to see house back to work, but is wilson really gonna move out? i mean, they so need each other...

too short tho... hope to see more soon.

thanks for sharing

momsboys chapter 17 . 3/16/2008
Glad to see House back to work. I am wondering how everyone is going to treat him now.
ViolettBlack chapter 17 . 3/16/2008
I have just read those wonderful last chapters and i am so sad about the fact, that you have completet this story.

It was an incredible pleasure to read it.

Would you please write a sequel?
donttouch chapter 17 . 3/16/2008
Yeah right, with House, life is never normal :P
donttouch chapter 15 . 3/16/2008
I can think of a couple of days to spend the day
momsboys chapter 14 . 3/15/2008
Another great chapter. As always I can't wait for the next update.
chaoskir chapter 14 . 3/15/2008
I really do love that story and I think you have done a great job. Thank you for sharing this fic and I hope your condition is as good as it can be. Thank you. In my opinion you have a great and awesome writing talent.
KylaRyan chapter 14 . 3/15/2008
Yay! Anotjher update! Me so happy that I've thrown the rules of grammar and spelling out the window!

kwittbugginme chapter 13 . 3/13/2008
Just stumbled across this and I must say that I would love to see more chapters. You are doing a wonderful job. Please continue.

thanks for sharing