Reviews for Skeleton Key
Amanduur chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
Perfect. Well-written, original and expressive. Makes you think...
Jellybean06 chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
"What a shame that he was growing bored with it already." Perfect. the way you write light is the way i always picture him...despite his bout of insanity at the end of the manga/anime.

thanks for sharing.
Brain Eater Jr chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
Fantastic! :D I liked I best, for some reason. I love that image of the violent sea, and how Light perceives it.

The last line was amazing, too. It makes me think that Light is nothing without competition, and so perhaps the appearance of Near and Mello were necessary.
tlcplusp chapter 1 . 11/30/2007
More perfection; from the summary as well, that's rather unique. Yes, ver nice summary...still trying to brain without sleep, bear with me please.

This rocks. Awesome, well written, and the like. In character for Light too. :) And yes, had he won that last confruntation with Near, Light woulda been bored outta his mind. Ryuk would have killed him; he woulda been bored to.

Unless, of course, everyone accepted Kira as the new god, and started killing each other, then eventually onto killing him of course. Which, as I've experienced the human experience and know us as a whole, would probably be what would happen, rather than utopia.

Because humanity, as a whole, cannot leave a utopia be, let alone power.
phoenix of hell chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
Such a good piece of writing! I loved how you described Light's evolution, and his perception of the world. And, yeah, of course he would get bored, with absolutely no challenge whatsoever. He was bored before, got the thrill with the Death Note, but that was at the beginning, when his goal was far for being achieved. Then, L got into the scene. And even though Light wanted to kill him with all his might, he cannot deny that fighting with L was really entertaining. But, without anything left to challenge him, with his gol achieved and all, he has nothing left to do. I mean, writing in the note was probably routine already. As I said, very good fic!
Majestically Mystical chapter 1 . 12/26/2006

I was like, "WOW! So in character! So awesome!"

And then I read the last line.

And then I was like, "OHMYGOD that's IT, this is BEYOND AWESOME!"

I love yo- your stories.
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
A chilling, perfect little character study of Light. I'm amazed by how well you encapsulate his entire character in just a few words. Amazing!
Saulie chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
...Thank you so, so much for acknowledging the possibility of Light becoming bored with his perfect world. You just know the means were more satisfying than the end. XD Made me a happy person, you did. Lovely Light characterization. Capturing his ambition in a not-sinister way.

The image of Light having to try and be excited for Misa amuses the heck out of me, by the way. I always supposed if Light reached his goal he wouldn't discard Misa because of her usefulness and devotion, but gosh, what a bother for the god of a perfect world...

Stamp of approval, yes, yes, yes.

And by the way, kudos for Light's vivid perception of the world. Makes a good justification for why he wants to see it cleansed; for why he might eventually be dissatisfied with perfection.
NeonWorld chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
WOW. This is very well done, Ebony! :O I lovelovelove the insight on Light's character- I often find myself wondering how the heck he got into the habit of studying so hard.

The feelings at the different ages was spot on, too. There was a great pattern, with his dwonder, discovery, attainment, then boredom. Then it went all over again. You recognize the pattern, yes, but until the very last part, you don't realize it. Awesome ending line. Makes you sort of fear for what he'll try next, doesn't it?
een nihc chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
And what a shame indeed that human never feel satisfied with what they already have. That's my first thought after reading your story. Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece of thought with us. You grasped Light's essence if the manga series is finished, I hope you'll continue to write fanfic for Death Note.
Acey Dearest chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
Very nice work! I really liked the sentence about how we are what we know, and how Light evolves during the fic. And how despite it all, even after getting the Death Note- even that excitement wore off.

Ari Lupin chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
This was very well written and I enjoyed every minute of. You potray Light very well.
bandwitch chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Oh my. This was wonderful. You really do capture Raito amazingly well.
Outsane chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Ack, so true. He really would get bored, wouldn't he? Bummer. I love the style, too. Lovely!