Reviews for Red
BLIvorySS chapter 12 . 1/25/2007
Awesome ending! Very satisfying, if I do say so myself:D.

dr.evil99 chapter 12 . 1/19/2007
Again, I like the way you dance around the shippiness with Gar and Raven. Since there's going to be a sequal to this (yay!) it gives you that luxury to let things just kind of play out the way they want to, and not rush anything that happens. That is, if anything does happen. After that bit with Tim and Rae, I put nothing past your devious mind. But again, just enough sweetness to tug at the heartstrings, but not so much as to be cloying.

Darcy... a very interesting character, and definitely not what I thought she'd end up being. Her character, along with the ideas about metas and society you've had in this fic, give this story a bigger scope that what is ususal. I like the sense of a fully-imagined world, with weight and the feeling of a backstory behind it. And it's better than Marvel comic's attempts at doing the whole super-person registration thing. I do hope we see more of that tackled in the continuation.

It was very fitting that you ended this with a Tim-Logan bit. The dynamic between those two ended up becoming the centerpiece of the fic, in a way. I don't think I've seen anyone attempt something like that before, which made this all the more fun to read. Great work, and I'll be happy to be along for the rest of the ride, no matter where it goes.
dr.evil99 chapter 11 . 1/19/2007
Ah, Jinx and Cyborg banter... something you do better than pretty much anyone. Cyborg is always done justice when you write him, as you manage to capture the "wise older brother" side of his nature, while avoiding the usual cliches that one sees in his character. And as for Jinx, she's just enough of a bad girl that you don't ever quite know what she's up to, and I'm sure that's the way she wants it. She may be doing good, but her motives are always her own. She and Selina would get along famously, I think. Gizmo's commentary during the conversation is a nice bonus, too.

The continued tension between Tim and Logan is well-done. Not sure how much is personal, how much is genuinely professional, but then it can be hard to tell in situations like this. Plus, the fact that it is Rouge involved gives Logan an extra bit of stress to deal with, as if he needed that. Raven coming in and diffusing the situation was the perfect touch. She's probably the only person he'd listen to in a semi-rational manner, at this point. He seems to want to be her self-appointed white knight, so her words have an immediate effect on him. I like the way you handled it because it's not overtly romantic, but it's still sweet enough for my shippy side to get into.

And in the action sequence, you get right to the tension, with no delays. Putting Raven in that kind of danger with Rouge was just about the last thing Logan could have wanted to happen. Rouge should count herself fortunate that she was merely overwhelmed by the Beast, and not ripped to little bits of shapeshifting goo.

Hm... Cy letting someone else drive his car... I think I just saw an airbourne pig outside my window...

Another excellent chapter. This story may not get the traffic that DOTS did, but it got the same masterful touch. I'm sure the final chapter will be very satisfying.
XaykWolf chapter 12 . 1/18/2007
Yay! There's a follow-up! I'm gonna go read it now! YAYE!
Valda chapter 12 . 1/18/2007
*eye light up* Asassin! I love asassins Also because wasn't slade an asassin...what! A girl can dream :D

I loved the last chapter! Very nice, I can't wait to see what else you have instore for us all

You're amazing! Feel free to reply this once the new stories up :) But i should be checking.

maniacal X3 chapter 12 . 1/16/2007
This was a pretty cool last chapter. I am definetly going to read the follow up on this. It's kinda messed up how they lable the metas, but hey! That's life. Keep up the awesome writing.
RavenFlyingSolo chapter 12 . 1/16/2007
I liked it. A good solid ending. And for a nice, short story. Though I had a hard time imaging either the comic book or toon Garfield Logan using "compatriots" in a sentence. D
El Queso de Malicioso chapter 12 . 1/16/2007
Quite nostalgic if I do say so myself. I couldn't help but smile at the last line. Everything was very nicely done. Well, I'm off to Jade. I assume t will be up to the same standards as this was; and if so, I'll will be just as pleased.
Demigod chapter 12 . 1/16/2007
A nice phrase to end on, always.

Nice to see Darcy being mentioned again, it's good to have well-created OCs that aren't Sues. The Titans are sorta throwing their weight around a bit, demanding this and that, but overall it goes well.

This was a good, well-conceived and well-written story. Good work all around.
Kayasuri-n chapter 12 . 1/16/2007
Well, obviously I've seen this... but dare I say it's good? I like the word choice at the end... yes, they need their traditions.

Now, I'm off to write before you start nagging me, and I'll review Jade tomorrow.
Lambbaby chapter 11 . 1/16/2007
So they're friend's now. Rae and Logan. That's good. Friends are good. And Logan and Tim seem to be getting along okay. All seems to be good.

Nw let's get to the important part. The Cy/Jinx call. Poor Jinx,it's hard liking someone so good and so nice. Especially when she's all bad luck and pink hexes. I could've seen some of that call being very flirty but then again I'm looking for romance everywhere lately. And Gizmo better be careful, turning all those can't be good for the skin.

So they caught Rouge. But for how long? And who's going to tell Gar about him and the Beast, and how he makes the transition from one to the other? Although it is nice to see that he cares about Raven enough to make that painful sounding transformation.

Very good,very good. Looking forward to chapter 12.
Bhill62 chapter 11 . 1/15/2007
Well another good job, like always. I read this story to make myself feel better after the catastrophe that was my last chapter. I wanted to make myself feel better because I was just so embarssed by what I wrote that I needed to make myself feel better. And your story defintley did that. I guess my only constructive criticsm would be that the Titans taking down Madame Rouge seemed a little fast. I don't know Im sure you have something planned, but that's just my opinion. Oh, are you going to have her daughter in it, because that would be really cool as well. Read the Beast Boy mini if you don't know what I am talking about. Madame Rouge did have a daughter that had the exact same powers as her, and wanted revenge on Beast Boy for killing Madame Rouge. Also I like how you had Gar and Rae friends, for right now at least. I think that it would be just too fast and too doomed if they were to throw themselves into a relationship. Keep up the good work.
uninterestingpenname chapter 11 . 1/15/2007
Nice. I was kinda surprised by this. I didn't think they'd be fighting her so soon after finding out that it was her, so I liked that. Madam Rouge was always the only member of the Brotherhood of Evil who ever actually scared me. She's really freaky. I kept trying to figure out if she'd tricked them somehow, since she managed to trick Robin in that episode with HotSpot.

I loved Logan going crazy on her like that. Half because I just Love the Beast ( that one episode is my favorite ever.) and half because I think it's cool that he did that because of Raven. It was great. I was hoping that there would be more stuff about how he turns into the Beast and all. So...thank you.
RavenFlyingSolo chapter 11 . 1/14/2007
As usual, it was fabulous. Keep up the good work, and best of luck in college.
maniacal X3 chapter 11 . 1/14/2007
This was a great chapter. The beast kicks soo much ass, and great fight scene. Keep it up
180 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »