Reviews for A Beautiful Man & a Black Heart
dancelikeyoujustdontcare chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
Lovely and twisted... :D
Vivss chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Hey great one-shot!

You wrote Kathryn really well!
nicki chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
It's sad, but I loved it...Good job.
Clorinda chapter 1 . 3/11/2007
Sad, irritatingly repetitive, sad, sad, witty, good, sad, happy, sad, sad, wailing.

A bit of an impossibly long monologue, bordering on rant in some places, but I have to give you credit for keeping the two of them perfectly in character. I loved it.

Especially, [“I’m on my deathbed and you’re jealous that it wasn’t your life I saved. Unbelievable.”] That was quick, sharp, and good.

"... nothing I told anyone would have been worth telling since he didn't hide his off colour habits."

Ouch, that one was sharp.

I liked the whole of the ICU conversation, actually. It was Sebastian down to pat. You did him brilliantly. (He sounded a little too verbose for a heavily injured man who's going to die, if you know what I mean, but okay, I liked it nonetheless.)

Kathryn, too, because that's the hard part, making her say "I loved somebody who wasn't myself" and still making her sound like herself. Well, kudos.

I liked the happy ending. Sad, in its own right (aren't they all?) but what can I say, I *feed* off CI fix-it fanfiction.

The title is a little trite, (it's referring to Sebastian and Kathryn respectively?) but the hard-hitting parts of the story certainly make up for it.

[“A few days of not being an ass won’t make up for a life of delectable sin.”]

That line, particularly.
saenia ezeal chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
AW! I was always rather fond of Kathryn, and you got her down to a tee! Well done! I loved it...Excuse me a moment though...-shuffles into the story and grabs Sebastian* he's mine! -molests- XD
AngelLuva chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
there's just something about kathryn that makes u love her and something about annette that makes u hate her... i luv this fic... good work! :)
valmontmerteuil chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
So, first off. Welcome to the CI section! It's awesome that we're getting new writers. You have no idea how happy I am that you wrote this. Especially because it's K/S. Actually... if it had been A/S I wouldn't have cared at all. *sigh* It was so sad. And I'm glad you left it open. Didn't make it really clear whether or not he was really there. The romantic in me wants to think that he is (and the ring was a wedding ring? him and annette but he still can't give up kathryn?) but the cynical, larger part of me wants to think she went insane and is in a mental institution imagining he's there. I'd really be happy either way. But I tend to have a thing for sad endings...

So, when I saw we had a new writer, I don't know what I was expecting really, but it definitely wasn't such a long and well written story. This was magnificent. And you A/N at the top... hehe. Connecting to Kathryn right off and hating Annette right off. Yup. That was me too. I don't really think there is a middle ground when it comes to CI. Your either a Kathryn or an Annette. Everyone loves Sebastian. So yes. YAY for another K/S shipper.

Okay, hope to see more from you soon.

Katie.