Reviews for The Way Back To Daylight
za chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
intresting start. i like tonks, and the murakami quote :) (well, its murakami, init)
MayaMay chapter 14 . 5/3/2010
It's been awhile since I've set foot in the HP fandom, but lately I've been collecting stories on my kindle and was trying to come up with more titles to stick on there-yours came to mind almost immediately. So, I just thought you should know that I put this story on my kindle so I can read it without being tethered to the internet. Thank you for guiding us through this journey.
Threepwillow chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Okay, so, convoluted story time: I found this fic via LJ, but since it's from a while ago, I was hesitant on posting a comment there. Instead, I thought I'd pop over here, because I definitely wanted to Favorite it if it was up on this site - and it is! But then I said to myself, "I always get so frustrated when people on FF dot net Favorite my fic without reviewing it," so I feel like I really owe it to you to give you a review. XD

I adored this fic. I always love it when I stumble across something someone has written that feels like it's kind of right in line with the way I feel like I write, and I definitely felt that sense of connection with you. (I hope my stuff is this good, anyway!) But that made it really relatable on a personal level to me. I loved how the side characters that participated were both well-treated and relevant, with no one becoming the bad guy and no one being tossed in for no reason. (And I'd never considered Parvati/Luna, but it's kind of adorable.) I just think the whole thing is constructed/structured brilliantly, and I'm really glad to have gotten a chance to read it. Thanks for making this awesome thing and sharing it with the world. People like you are why I love fandom. :)
LoverFaery chapter 14 . 12/28/2008
Well. That was a delicious treat. Very nicely done. I appreciated all the mythological alusions, and the new twists you gave them. And I am of course a sucker for a happy ending. Kudos!
worldsapart chapter 14 . 12/25/2007
Awesome, I loved the little Easter Egg at the end. Very funny!

This was a very fitting ending to the story. I like how it was romantic yet not cheesy, and how it wrapped the romance ending up in the other events of life, including the wedding and Tonks moving on. I really loved this story, and I plan on checking out other things you've written. Very nice. (Added to Favorites!)
worldsapart chapter 11 . 12/25/2007
BWAHAHAHAHA. Leave it to Dumbledore to end a chapter with such a lighthearted and ridiculous-yet-makes-complete-sense sort of ending. I love it. And man, Sirius's attitude in this "heaven" is so heartbreaking. I hope he comes through alright.
worldsapart chapter 9 . 12/25/2007
Okay, I just about squealed from the final payoff of all the anticipation. And then I giggled like a little girl. I'm absolutely dying to know what's going on with Sirius. So moving right along...

(Did I mention this story is awesome?)
worldsapart chapter 8 . 12/25/2007
Okay, that ending made me shiver (seeing Sirius, or something like him, in the forest). It has got to be some kind of trick, and I'm intrigued to see what sort. This story is shaping up to be a quintessential journey story, yet I don't know exactly where it's leading, and I like that. I'm especially curious to know what it is about Sirius that got Minos all riled up. Still very nice so far.
worldsapart chapter 3 . 12/25/2007
Very interesting turn! The transition from beautiful melancholy to adventure was nearly seamless. I'm very curious to see Luna's connection to it all (if it's anything more than her uncanny sixth sense). Also kudos to the unusual ship there. Luna/Parvati is not one I've seen before. And using Trelawney in such a different manner is sheer brilliance. I never saw it coming, but I'm glad it did.
worldsapart chapter 2 . 12/25/2007
Oh my god. I very rarely review individual chapters of stories when I've still got more to read. I prefer to save it all up and just comment at the end. However, I'm so completely stunned by the power of your words that I can't help but add another comment. Harry's reaction to the knowledge about Remus and Sirius's relationship was portrayed very realistically-I like that you neither glossed over the issue nor dwelled on it too much. And if the story is going the direction that I think and hope it is, then Harry's brief mention of bringing back the dead was well-placed. And who wouldn't love Remus's little dream/daydream conversation with Sirius? It gives us so much information about their past without it FEELING like we're being fed backstory.

I'm loving this story so far. You really have a way with words. Seriously, bravo. Going to read more now...
worldsapart chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
Oh man, this first chapter is beautiful and sad and perfect. Your prose is gorgeous...it grips you immediately. Tonks's perspective as she finds the picture and letters was a good choice as an opener, and I like how she was simultaneously rational and emotional about it. Their breakup was powerful in its simplicity. I appreciate that this tale seems to be grounded in good characterization and attention to story rather than concept alone. I can't wait to read more, because I hope it continues this way!
Miyamashi chapter 14 . 10/3/2007
Wow, I can't believe I just now got to the last two chapters. For some odd reason, I had remembered finishing this story, but when I couldn't remember how it ended, it clicked that I actually hadn't read it all.

The ending was spectacular, as always, and I loved the little easter egg at the end. The way you wrote the last two chapters was such a wonderful change from the rest: It was amazing how you managed to give the living world a different feel from the land of the dead. I applaud you for that.

You're very welcome, also, and I'm glad that my words could give you some happiness. My praise was only fitting, since you gave me hours of enjoyment while I was reading your story.

A beautiful work, and I'm so happy to know that you finished it off nicely. Congratulations!
Earthborne chapter 4 . 8/17/2007
I love that part of the book the most too. Most inspirational for my young eight year old self. XD

Now I'm sixteen (pretty much - a month left) and I still pick up that book from time to time. What a classic! As in the ones people actually read, not just praise.
Laurelinde chapter 14 . 8/9/2007
aw *loves muchly* this is a beautiful story, sweet, touching, and of course the happy ending we are all looking for. I couldn't help feel a pang for the fact that Colin Creevy will never now write for the Quibbler - it was such a great image.
Laurelinde chapter 7 . 8/9/2007
Really enjoying this story so far, and I'm not stopping reading, I just wanted to let you know how much I love the line

"He was dog to your wolf and a star to your moon". It expresses everything that is right about remus/sirius. Lovely.