Reviews for Stork Raving Mad
herbsandlemons chapter 36 . 3/5/2015
This is a wonderful story you don't have nearly enough reviews can wait to finish it I've been on a binge read all 36 chapters in one sitting great job!
Lady Shagging Godiva chapter 60 . 12/2/2012
I was really liking this story until I found out it's been forever since you updated :(
Broke my heart, you did.
luckymickey619 chapter 5 . 7/20/2012
I just luv the story so far!
Caramel Life chapter 60 . 5/12/2012
This is like a turn in Philosophy and Genetics and How to Write A Fantastic Story that Gets People Thinking. Absolutely wonderful story. Update soon, please, and thank you for writing.
Sin Piedad chapter 60 . 4/24/2012
So I just reread this fic again, I have reread it a couple times actually and I still love it! It would be wonderful to read what happens next~ (It's been years so I don't hold out much hope but a girl can dream, after all)
Garnet Avi chapter 7 . 2/21/2012
I have no idea why the writers of the X-men movie threw in that "inherited from the father" line because it is entirely contrary to human genetics. The only chromosome that is exclusive to males is the Y chromosome, and every normal bearer of that gene is a male. Every other chromosome in the human genetic code can belong to a male or a female equally. By that logic, all the mutants would have to be male because that's the only thing they can only inherit from their father: the Y chromosome. (The only other genetics inherited from only 1 parent is mitochondiial DNA, which every person gets from their mother exclusively and is not part of the "human" genome.)

Sex-linked genetic conditions that are not limited to males, color blindness, for example, are on the X chromosome. A male gets colorblindness from his mother and the Y from the father does not mask it; in a female there are two X's so they must get that from both parents to present with color blindness. Basically recessive genes on the X chromosomes are not generally masked by anything on the Y, but they are masked by a second X. All human genes minus the XY pair are doubles. In order for a recessive to express (like blue eyes) both parents must pass on a recessive gene so a dominant does not mask it.

I always figured mutation (in the x-men universe) was a rare recessive gene, which is why it does not express often. To go back to Mendellian genetics you reference, say a person has the recessive mutant gene, m, and the dominant normal, M. This person is genotype mM and expresses as a regular M (that's phenotype: what the genes express). If his or her partner is MM, their children only have a 25% to carry that gene and no chance it will express because of the dominant. If a mM and a Mm have children, there is a 25% chance the child will be MM, 50% mM, and 25% mm. Only mm is a mutant, the others are normal and some even don't carry a chance to produce mutants at all. So if mutation was very rare, it would take a while for it to spread enough through the population to express. Of course all mutants would have a mutant child with another mutant, but they never discuss mutant parents in the films. I always also assume that as well as being rare and recessive, a large population of mutants are either dormant or very subtle mutations (like extra-normal luck or intuition that never seems extreme enough to be anything strange). This is just how I reconcile the movie verse with my understanding of genetics and evolution. I've never studied genetics intensly, but I was a biology major in college, so I'm pretty sure it's at least plausible, if not specific or detailed. Genetics aren't always as neat as mendellian tables, of course, but they are a simple guide to general inheritance.

Basically, only males can inherit a condition from their father that they can't also get from their mother. I cannot concieve of how mutation could be inherited from just fathers with they way genetics seem to be. Here's another question I won't spell out a debate for: how exactly would daughters be mutants if they did not have the genetics of such, since all genetics from the parents can be passed to their children? I am absolutely sure they threw that line in in the movie because it was funny at the time with the father/Bobby interaction.
dog3n chapter 60 . 1/2/2012
Perfect use of OC. Brilliantly original idea. Looking forward to further updates!
Lazy-Heart chapter 60 . 11/22/2011
This story has an amazing plot that hooked me and drew me into your beautiful AU. I loved reading every second of it, but what keep me reading after a very long day, was the characters. Everyone has a personality and a story that you've managed to weave into the over all plot in such an fantastic way. I love how you didn't compromise the canon characteristics of the characters, and how your OCs (especially Grace) never turned into Mary Sue's.

You even have this layer plot I can't seem to get enough of. There are so many things I want to know about the lawsuit now that the Phoenix was taken care of. I sort of wish that they came up with that idea in the comics instead of the dooms day terror she usually turns into. I really love how Rogue was the voices 'back-up' plan.

There's one thing I just want to know because I'm eager to read more. Are you planning on continuing this?
Weasel Fu chapter 60 . 5/27/2011
I just read this story and I wanted to say how much I enjoyed it. I think you are doing an excellent job of developing your characters and in having them interact in believable ways. I like the little snippets you're giving of what Stryker and the rest of the opposition is doing. I thought that bringing Von Doom into the story was a really interesting twist and I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes next.
Mary Song chapter 60 . 3/4/2011
Yay! This whole chapter is a high light! Where to start. Um...

Yay mega force of everything reference!

Yay Phoenix!

Yay well writtenness.

Yay fourtune cookies!

Infact I ate some not to long ago, and I cracked up at the first one.

"You are the center of every group's attention."

No. Not true, no thank you.

And, like my mum said, not all groups are good.

For example, who'd want to be at the center of a lynch mob's attention?

Poor Grace.
hercat chapter 60 . 12/5/2010
I enjoy the lightness of this story, the humor in the animal faces and the whimsy. I also enjoy the darker traces, such as the hints of a more violent Magneto.
Deritine chapter 60 . 5/31/2010
Wow- what a place to leave it! Haha. Though at the end there the story was starting to get rather preachy. I think I would have preferred if you stuck with the main plot the lawsuit. The Phoenix thing took over, but that would have been a better end-of-story/epilogue sort of thing. Leaving that all dramatic tension would have been better.

I was very excited to see how the lawsuit would have gone, though you tend to not actually have the characters recap anything (eg- when explaining what happened in a previous scene). For that, I think it would be better if you either did not have that scene of catching everyone up, or had the entire conversation and using it to have further plot and/or character development.
Deritine chapter 57 . 5/31/2010
I really like where you are going, plot-wise... but x3 bummed me out so much with how they destroyed the Phoenix. I mean, ok, sure, Dark Phoenix is not good. But it made Jean not a total useless female (as she is, don't deny it). I was so looking forward to her getting in charge of the powers, etc, and being a total badass. The end of x2 had me bouncing up and down in glee...

Ehem! Back to your story- hopefully we can all get along and have a badass Jean/Phoenix. The voices could use some separation of powers and checks and balances etc. ;P
Deritine chapter 38 . 5/30/2010
" Iā€¦killed their mother, you see. Not literally, not directly. Not even by causing her death through childbirth. She was so afraid of me that she killed herself. There; I said it."

I think this declaration would be better without the 'there I said it" on the end. That line makes it seem less like a genuine anguished outcry and more rehearsed.
Deritine chapter 28 . 5/28/2010
This chapter was thoroughly enjoyable. I love the interaction with the kids and how cute Magneto is when he's pleased with himself. :P
406 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »