Reviews for TV Series Ep 1 - "Fish out of Water"
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 9/14/2014
Cool. Awesome.
X6 861 chapter 1 . 6/21/2003
Tastes just like Mr. Yuji Moriyama used to make it! Great job! Write MORE!
Uncle Pervy chapter 1 . 1/9/2002
Heh heh heh.

This is a fine story, done quite nicely in the style of the movies series; at thoses parts of it I have seen.

For the most part the itself writing is pretty good. There are a few minor errors here and again; mostly a forgotten capitalization every dozen paragraphs or so; nothing that hurts to look at.

A couple of times, however, the writer uses sound effects in the place of speech, or in with speech. An example:

"Yes Captain, I was able to secure a crate of the local wine. I hope you find it to your satisfaction."

"*glugglugglug* Ahhh! It's just fine!" Sighed the Captain as she drank directly from the bottle she had just found in the crate D put down.

I would have written that something like:

'But she had already broken into the crate, and was liberally sampling the contents, "Ahhh! it's just fine!" Sighed the Captain through half a mouthful of wine.'

But these are MINOR gripes. The story itself is beautifully done. The feel of the A-Ko series is captured perfectly, so this minor quibbles of mine become even less significant.

The humor in it is good, and I seldom saw it coming; always a plus :) The paramedics bemoaning our ignorance is a beautiful showpiece, as is a reference to another anime series, which is promptly followed by a gangbeating :)

If I had to gripe about anything plotwise, it would be that Biko is a little overdone at the end. The line, "NO ONE talks back to me, and no one defies my will!" is just a little to much for Biko in my opinion. But that is the only point she is really taken over the top.

In the end, I give it a five out of five. It's well done, funny, and very true to the spirit of the series. My gripes are literally the only flaws I can find. Don't let them stop you from enjoying this story if you are a Project A-Ko fan

Uncle Pervy
Twilight Sea chapter 1 . 12/9/2001
Great Review Neil! It's got that Project A-ko taste to it!
ReiAyanamiEva00 chapter 1 . 6/20/2001
I like this one...Where it is seen as an alternate 'path' of sorts picking up where Project A-ko 1 left off...It's a well spun tale of A-ko, B-ko, and C-ko and a new girl, Emi (who I personally see as "Eimi-chan" from APCCG Nuku Nuku _)...It has several references that can be funny as hell if you catch them right...Of course, the jokes and comments made about Eiko's strength add to the mix and make a humorous and thorougly entertaining fanfic and a good read...If you aren't doing anything...I'd suggest you check it out...it's worth it..._
BlazeStryker chapter 1 . 6/19/2001
MORE! :)
vsdefender chapter 1 . 6/15/2001
This story certainly was written with the Project A-ko "feel" in mind. I particularly liked the Ranma 1/2 gag. Is there anyone more deserving of having a big fish stuffed down her shirt than C-ko?
Pittie chapter 1 . 6/14/2001
Neil this was pretty good and it got me to laugh a bit. :) good work mate.
Tim chapter 1 . 6/13/2001
A promising start, provided this "TV series" can actually manage to run its course rather than being neglected and discontinued like so many fanfics are. Very entertaining, several nice cameos and in-jokes, and far more true to the sprit of the Project A-ko anime than many other recent A-ko fics.