Reviews for Harry McGonagall
DarkPhoenix101 chapter 17 . 12/1/2019
Reading this story again something struck me; the Muggle Studies professor stating that no shield charm could stop a bullet.
This seems to be commonly assumed by many fanfic writers and I don't really understand why. We know from Deathly Hallows that a shield charm can impede material objects. People have made arguments based on the kinetic energy of bullets but I don't find them convincing. If magic was constrained by the conventional laws of physics we would see wizards pulled forward or thrown back every time they cast an Accio spell or Impedimenta jinx, as a result of Newton's 3rd law.
To me the most important argument against this is that the magic in Harry Potter is mainly based on traditional European folklore, and deflecting bullets magically has been part of that ever since the invention of firearms
This seems to be an assumption mostly made by American writers and I suspect they just don't like to think that anything can render their idol, the Almighty Gun, impotent.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/18/2019
Nice gk
aries12345251 chapter 7 . 11/12/2019
trash another canon rehash with the same plot with the canon with a little edit to call it a fanfic
Traveler301 chapter 6 . 11/12/2019
I have often wondered the same thing. Big hole left kindly by JKR. (lol)
Thanks,
Ron Pate
Traveler301 chapter 2 . 11/12/2019
As far as I'm concerned, Deathly Hallows sucked, so, you write this story any way you want as it is your story. Personally, I like your story better than JKR's. Yours, at least makes sense. I love what you're doing with Snape. Dumbledore, well, he's an ASS with a capital ASS. First book, JKR had him say,"I wouldn't get rid of that scar ,if I could,". I've never liked his character since. I know canon freaks will howl about it but that is why it's called FAN FICTION. It's your story, write it any way you want.
Thanks,
Ron Pate
blucougar57 chapter 14 . 11/10/2019
Awesome chapter! Have to wonder about Malfoy, though. He was a little too congenial about McGonagall challenging him for the Headmaster/mistress position...
blucougar57 chapter 12 . 11/10/2019
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
Can't wait to see how Dumbledore reacts to the verdict.
Vampireking40 chapter 3 . 11/7/2019
Well I knew the ban on Draco would be lifted by his father. The twins found out because of the map. I noticed Draco said he would able to play in 4th year except there is no quidditch that year do to the Tri-Wizard Tounament.
helena watson chapter 1 . 11/2/2019
your probably already aware,, but someone has posted the first chapter of this story under their name, with no disclaimers stating that
sonofzeus201 chapter 36 . 10/29/2019
well done with the yule ball and the people it was wonderful
Cynfulme chapter 10 . 10/29/2019
As a Cardinals fan... thanks for the mention. I used to live in Chicago between a family of Cubs and a family of Sox fans. They were all jealous:)
Dugleik chapter 19 . 10/13/2019
Fuck you, Hermione, you insufferable bint. And seriously, no consequences for death eater in training Malfoy? Really shows the supremacy of the wizzarding world. Harry should never be ashamed for defending what is right and stand up to biggots.
Pointer3109 chapter 19 . 10/7/2019
Battery is usually considered provocation. Although Harry carried it past necessary self defense.
Seraphy64 chapter 30 . 10/4/2019
All the action scenes are ridiculous. Harry has a wand trained on Lupin ready to cast, yet he "pushes him down and punches him in the face". Wtf? Also the dementors appearing right then, on hogwarts grounds, appearing fast enough that mcgonnogal couldn't even cast a patrons. And no one stunning or body-binding or even trying up Pettigrew.

The author seems to have a set idea of the events they want to happen (which seems to be trying to stay close to cannon for some reason) and doesn't care how smooth the plot works.
Seraphy64 chapter 20 . 10/4/2019
The confrontation with Ginny is just like with Quirrel. You have people there standing and doing nothing with wands in hand. Mcgonnogal SHOULD have had her wand out and a spell flying immediately after the avada kadavra and it would be over. Instead, they stood there and listened to tom/ginny rant then get knocked out by some ridiculous/unbelievable spell.

Most of the story is fine except these "fights".
5,632 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »