Reviews for Harry McGonagall
delete-account-please 742011 chapter 11 . 4/16/2007
yeah another great chapter can't wiat for more so please update again and soon.
cutecess chapter 11 . 4/16/2007
isn't brianna going to get into trouble?
jimnjoye chapter 11 . 4/16/2007
Great story for the most part. This is the only chapter I haven't liked. Perhaps you are trying to make Harry and Brianna like regular kids in not seeing the overall harm in cheating (which is something the Griffindor Harry would never tolerate), but I was very turned off by Harry not caring that the Cardinal player was cheating, and by Brianna letting Hermione getting punished for her own actions. Also, how could the authorities know that a spectator had influenced the game with magic, but couldn't detect a player doing the same thing?
critic unknown chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
I was rather disappointed in this chapter. As a person who could care less one way or the other about baseball - that part was quite...boring. Then to have Brianna sneak away from all that she came with and go around the whole stadium and do magic with no one seeing her or checking for her ticket or wondering where she is...just seems rather illogical. Then to have an offical notice magic being done by Hermione's wand (but oddly enough not noticing who was actually casting the spells), and not noticing a player use magic, seems a bit illogical, also. Then to have everyone apparently lose their minds and go along with accusing Hermione and pretty much blowing a fine of quite a bit of money...well, that is rather illogical, also. Also, baseball, if I am not mistaken is not that popular of a sport in England, so apparently no one realized that Hermione would not know that much about baseball?

Then there is the sibling rivarly. It's old, boring, and pointless.
LegalAlien1 chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
That was an awesome new chapter!

I'm really disappointed in Brianna and I hope that she will be forced to admit the truth (and get her due punishment). I was also a bit disappointed in Minerva and the others who just brushed Harry's observation aside. I think both he and Hermione deserve a full apology by all the adults.

If I had been in Hermione place, I'd have demanded to be allowed to sleep on the couch, because I would certainly not want to be in the same room with Brianna at night.

Please write more soon!
stevo chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
this chap was crap, While Harry is at hogwarts he is mature, yet the second he is home, and in front of guests he is a brat.

also the sibling problems are moronic. and what is with the whole evil cubs, you should rethink how you are writing this story
slaphanson chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
I have to say this is not one of your better chapters, but then again it seems to be more filler than anything. That is not to say that I don't like the story but I think you would have been better to do a general overview of the Granger visit at the begining of the chapter and then go straight to Snapes trial and the stuff in England. The chapter wasn't really necessary.

I really didn't like the baseball idea it just does not seem logical. First why would the American wizards wait till the end of the Game and only get mad a Hermione. Second, I though the two families were sitting together, wouldn't they notice Brianna was missing and be worried, and they would also see that Hermione hadn't used her wand. Another problem would be at sports games they have ways to see that people aren't cheating won't wizards set up wards to prevent wizards from haveing an unfair advantage/cheating. Also why wouldn't anyone believe what Harry was saying or at least investigate. This is not to say there was any problems with your writing just the idea behind the baseball concept.

Anyways I enjoy reading your story and hope you update soon.
gwmclintock9 chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
great story, we going to set Brianna straight at one point, and his parents going to apologize? I don't blame Harry for acting like that. What is Hermione's punishment going to be? I'm not a huge fan of Brianna to be honest, seeming to enjoy causing more trouble for her brother than anything. Probably Slytherin with the way she gets away with it. I don't know, just throwing that out there. Great story. keep it up
Morbious20 chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
Oh Brianna is so going to end up in Slytherin I'm sure of it. I can't believe she was that mean to Hermione. Oh well Harry's payback to her better be good is all I got to say. Keep up the great work and post again soon.
Shinigami-Sama1 chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
I liked this chapter.

Except that I hope they find out that Brianna was the one that cheated and not Hermione plus she needs to get punished for having Harry punished for trying to defend Hermione.

Seriously that girl is annoying. . .

Keep up the great work.

Update soon.

Later.
Readerforlife chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
great chapter
matthiasblack chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
I am glad to see the story hasn't been abandoned and enjoyed it the updates. I hope that you update again and soon.
A chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
I thought all the talk about the Cubs being evil was a little excessive, but otherwise it was a very good chapter.
Giro chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
I am enjoying this story, really I do, yet this chapter is the first one I dislike.

Harry and Brianna's sibling rivalry dynamic really got old here. Teasing and teasing and-what else? More teasing. Harry reverts to a five-year-old, forgetting all about fairness and objective perception of facts when it comes to his sister's favourite team losing a game. His thoughts that a baseball team was evil incarnate perhaps were meant to be funny. They weren't in the least, and I can't help but blame parents that are unable to explain to their children what a sport is supposed to be.

I'm bothered by the fact that Harry behaves in a rational manner at Hogwarts, and he turns into a complete brat in the USA. Using tricks to win at Quidditch, and reacting to Hermione's unjust punishment with thoughts of pointless revenge... I really couldn't sympathize with his portrayal. Hopefully he'll grow up someday.

In previous chapters the Brianna character shifted from being an annoying overachiever to being a cute and endearing sidekick. Now she's very annoying all the time, as well as repetitive and boring, and frankly seems to be getting way too much attention. I also think she makes a very convincing example in favor of the ban on underage magic. Thankfully it was baseball instead of car racing, or Brianna's stunts might have resulted in mortal injury.

I used to like the McGonagalls, yet this chapter seemed to be focused on negative feelings from the entire family. Brianna's inexcusable antics and Harry's immaturity aside, even from their parents I only got a sense of vague discipline and scolding, but never love and caring.

On the positive side, I continue to enjoy your Minerva McGonagall and how you're able to let her relax without losing her strict, righteous yet subtly caring essence. As well as lots of other scenes, from the magic show for Hermione's parents to the integration of goblins and elves in american society. I only wish we got more of that! ;-)

Till next time!