Reviews for Harry McGonagall
bandgsecurtiyaw chapter 3 . 10/7/2006
Great work.
jabarber69 chapter 3 . 10/7/2006
Hey that was definitely one of the best ways to introduce harry to gred and forge and the way you brought the troll into the story was ingenious. also its nice to see that harry was able to show hermione how to fly, I always figured if someone had taken the time at first to actually show her how to fly and built up her confidence then she would of been out there flying for fun just like harry does.

What I cant for the life of me understand is why would he be afraid that dumbydork would take him away from his family and place him with the dursleys, it sure as hell cant be the blood protection cause remember in canon harry was supposed to renew it every year for couple of weeks, since its been never started or renewed in eleven years its not there!

but then again I guess he has to keep the secret cause dumbydork would probably take him away just on general principles, cant control something that he doesnt have in his possesion now can he!-

As for the legilimency attacks by snape and dumbdork, why dont they write a letter to the daily prophet and or quibbler telling how snape as well as dumbydork is using legilimency on all the students, invading their privacy, against the law, and then put thier definition of why they do it for the safety of the school in mind, and then point out that this is coming from a known death eater! just think of the chaos it would start if they actually printed it that is!
FantasyLover74 chapter 3 . 10/7/2006
well done so the new trio is Padma, Hermione, and Harry
imokit chapter 3 . 10/7/2006
aw i love this story
ctc chapter 3 . 10/7/2006
will ron be involved in the story?
emeraldsgem chapter 3 . 10/7/2006
Percy sucks anyways. His head was so far up his arse that he didn't care if anyone was missing. Penelope to me is a true prefect. I loved the prank that Harry and Hermione pulled on Snape. I also loved how Minerva allowed the whole Ravenclaw 1st years to view the pensive. Of course it would be Fred and George to be the first ones to figure out who Harry was. They always seem to see things that others do not, and not to mention they are sneaky to all heck.
Jax9 chapter 3 . 10/7/2006
Keep Writing!
Guest chapter 3 . 10/7/2006
good story. Well written. good characterization. Can't wait to see how you are going to go about these variations around canon. Thanks.
jkarr chapter 3 . 10/7/2006
is snape going to get fired for his's snoping. good chapter by the way
Alpha-2 chapter 3 . 10/7/2006
I want to thank you for writing this story. After More Important Than Any Broomstick that is my favorite story from you. If I could decide I'd say concentrate on this one and let the others wait. :)

One has to wonder what happens when the students tell their parents about the legilimency from Snape. I can't imagine that they are happy about it. The purebloods have certenly some secrets they don't want everyone to know. Muggels will be against such behavior because it's against their morale believes. Can Dumbledore keep Snape with pressure from most parents? But i'm afraid that you need both Snape and Dumbledore further and are doing nothing to them.

Why are the other teachers doing nothing about such a behavior?

I like the way you are going with CARE. Far better than SPEW because it respects the wishes of the elves to work.

One idea I had. Is Harry an citizen of the USA? When yes what will the americans say about the treatment of one of their own by the british. Do they support the attempted mind rape of one of their own or will they try to intervene on Harrys behalf? Imagine Fudge coming to Dumbledore and telling him to fire Snape after pressure from the americans.

Well one can dream.

Continue with your good work.

Nico
anonymous chapter 3 . 10/7/2006
good chapter
Janax chapter 3 . 10/7/2006
Glad to see another chapter! Interesting take on the troll incident - I was wondering how you'd pull it off with Harry and Hermione so tight already. Do we now have a new "Trio", I wonder? Really, I don't think you need a trio in this story as it's flowing so well as you've started out. I really like this one a lot and can see a lot of potential going forward as well. Thanks for writing!
BenRG chapter 3 . 10/7/2006
Well, it seems that power corrupts. Albus and Severus have one characteristic firmly in common: Because they /can/ do something, they feel it gives them the right to do so /and/ make up ridiculous excuses for doing so. Something tells me this is going to turn into a Dumbledore-basher. :-p

I liked the alternate Troll scene. Now I find myself wondering what is happening with Ron and Neville. I also wonder... will you substitute Luna for Ginny in your CoS analogue?

Overall, an interesting turn on the Adopted!Harry concept.

BTW - Regarding your closing note. Percy isn't responsible or conscientious. He is an arrogant little [censored] who is too self-important for his own good.

BenRG's Rating: 7/10
pstibbons chapter 2 . 10/6/2006
Great fic. I like the feelgood factor :) just like in the other stories.

The 'almost friends' meeting was cute.

CARE is great, though it's surprising how sensibly it's being done as opposed to canon. I'd like to see a scene where house elves opinions are asked about the historical story you mention.

And - er - I shall be most upset if you end up shipping anything other than h/hr.

Your reasons for sorting are acceptable, especially since hermione is now more suspicious of albus given his protection of snape. In canon I often assumed she was given the choice but chose gryffindor because albus (the greatest wizard) was a gryffie.

Keep this up - this is the nicest start that one od your 'fork of fate' fics has had so far, and I liked the others.

I hope you don't try to follow canon too much. For instance, when it comes to year 3, there is little reason lupin would be at hogwarts. And in year 4, you could make all triwizard tasks the same as before but that would be overly cliche. You are a good writer, and can be far more original than that! :)
JVTazz chapter 2 . 10/5/2006