Reviews for Harry McGonagall
Beth5572 chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
I would love to see what you write next.

Terri
Muggledog chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
This is shaping up marvellously, but there are a couple things that confused me.

Mostly the baseball game didn't make much sense. First, a wizard outfielder is quite unrealistic, and then the little battle between him and Brianna McGonagall, and I have a very hard time believing that Brianna could have, first, been running all around the stadium helping her team cheat, and then, not only steal Hermione's wand, but show no remorse whatsoever when she caused Hermione and her parents some serious money, and COULD have even landed Hermione in whatever the American equivalent to Azkaban is! Maybe Harry's words were a bit immature, but I think, for once, Brianna deserved every bit of his anger; that was a VERY serious thing she did, as compared to the much more minor pranks that she pulled against her brother prior. And to think they had such a good relationship, too!

Other than that, this is shaping up beautifully, and I'm excited to see where it goes.

Oh, and when ARE Harry and Hermione going to kiss, and when are we going to be introduced to Ginny?
jabarber69 chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
Hey great update but what about brianna getting away with using hermione's wand, that thousand dollar fine was bad, couldnt hermione of given a witches oath stating that she didnt do it! I know one thing if you let brianna get away with something like that, then down the road it will just get worse. also why didnt someone tell that guy about the lightfellow wizard doing magic to help win the game for his team?
Lalaith Quetzalli chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
I don't think it's fair what happened to Hermione. It makes Brianna to look like a spoiled little brat. She should have told the truth, even if not to the other man, at least to her parents and Hermione, to show she hadn't done it to affect her brother's friend.

But anyway, good chapter. I hope you'll update soon.
ThunderGod Stormbringer chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
can't wait for Brianna's comupance..oh yes..and it will be bad...or better be:}

THunderGod
Aria Dragoncrest chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
Excellent.
King Tad chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
Great chapter. I'm pissed a Brianna right now. How could she make the Cubs win? (And ya know... the Hermione stuff...) Could be worse, she could've made the Yankees win a game.

That was a great Star Trek episode haha... i'm obsessed with The Next Generation lol

hope for another update soon (kinda much seein as you just updated today haha)

-King Tad
hpnut1 chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
Great job and I hope Harry's sister gets what is coming to her after what she did! Update soon.
tina chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
Hi,

Interesting story that I have been following. I have read other of your stories as well. You've got the sibling bickering down pat (you must have experience with siblings... ;-)

One thing really bothered me though: Brianna being allowed to get away with such unethical behavior as cheating by the adults. (Harry's revenge doesn't count because 1) the adults will still think Hermione did it and 2) Harry was and Hermione will be grounded and the Grangers had to pay $1,0! Brianna got off scot free!) This shows Brianna to be developing poor moral character; no remorse of conscience.

If I were Harry and Hermione more than revenge I'd want my parents and the other adults to believe me. I'd be angry and hurt that they didn't. I hope you let the truth come out to the adults so they can teach Brianna better behavior.

Brianna already has some disturbing tendencies that should be redirected. (Is that part of your plot?) If she didn't confess because she was scared to tell that would be understandable, but you don't show her (yet) as feeling that way.

Of course life is not fair; this does happen to people. Also, I know it's only a story. I guess it touched a button for me because that happened too much for me growing up...

Anyway, I look forward to your next chapter.

Tina

P.S. If you wouldn't mind saying, what does your penname mean?
Jargas-thelost chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
i just read your story and i have to say that i really enjoyed it. i also agree with your idea of harry actually being smart, it makes a lot of sense if you look at what he's done in the books. i am really looking forward to harry's revenge on his sis. one question though, are you going to continue the story into second year or are you going to end it soon and write a sequel?

either way can you make Dobby less of a simplton than he appears in the books.
Jimm chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
Thanks for sharing this with us.
Anonymous Reader chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
It's nice to see an update, I guess. It seems like the baseball game is over the top, though. I mean, you have Harry attempting to cover for a player cheating in a baseball game (apparently just to spite his sister) and Brianna blatantly using magic to influence the game. It's also just a bit unrealistic that security/her parents/other adults wouldn't notice her running around while this is all happening - She's 10. Not to mention that Hermione was with the adults the entire time, and if she only used a summoning charm, the ball would come straight to them each time. Finally, the level of sibling conflict just seems over the top for the personalities you've built up. I mean, you've shown Brianna as a somewhat annoying little sister before, whereas now, she seems like a conniving, evil little bi... well, you get the idea. Basically, while I realize there was some conflict between Harry and Brianna before, it just seems a bit much to have a 10-year old girl criminally rig a baseball game, framing her brother's friend in the process - why not have her call the aurors/wizarding police investigate the player instead? Hope the next chapter resolves all of this, and comes out soon.
karone-sakura chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
I loved the chapter! Poor Hermione... Being accused like that. i hope Brianna gets whats coming to her! Keep up the great work! Ciao for now.

Karone
Richard chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
I hope Brianna comes clean its just not fair that Hermione gets in trouble and has to pay for doing absolutely nothing. You also kinda have them getting over it kinda fast. I mean 1,0 dollars is a lot of money.
highbrass chapter 11 . 4/15/2007
So Brianna didn't ever get caught for what she did? I really don't see Harry letting that go for the rest of the trip.
5,156 | « Prev Page 1 .. 277 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 297 .. Last Next »