Reviews for Harry McGonagall
Simianpower chapter 2 . 8/4
Just how hard would it be for Dumbledore to figure out who Harry was? This is the year Harry POTTER was supposed to go to Hogwarts. Yet there's no Harry Potter. There are under 40 students (you have only 3-4 per house/gender, so that's around 28-30). Only one is named Harry. He has Lily's eyes. He looks just like James except for his hair color. He's the "nephew" of Minerva, who was one of the three people present when Dumbledore last saw Harry Potter. This isn't exactly a difficult puzzle to solve, and he's canonically brilliant.

On top of that, Draco's right that Harry's the teacher's pet. This is the opposite of canon, where he can do no right. Here he can do no wrong. All conflict is solved via "Harry's clearly right, so let's punish the other guy".

This is totally over the top. Learning a difficult fourth year charm at eight rather than fourteen because "Americans are lazy". Riiiiiiight. And the overuse of it in this chapter, too. Ugh. And the ridiculous lifelong punishment of a student in his first week. Riiiiiiight.

I keep wanting to read this story, and I've tried time and again to start it, but honestly it just sucks. I have no desire to read another 37 chapters of this drivel.
vickety chapter 39 . 8/2
This has been fantastic! Thank you so much!
YES BRIANNA I LOVE YOU! GO CUBS GO! WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS 2016!
Yayyyyyyy! I though this was a one shot but its not! I love this!
Simianpower chapter 1 . 7/12
SO many little things wrong with this, like the death of a thousand cuts. Nothing is so egregious that it's unforgivable, but the sheer amount of little problems in a single chapter might be a record. It's a decent start to a story, but if there are this many oddities and issues in chapter 1 I worry that it'll pile up over time in a story this long.

Do the kids have speech impediments? Only toddlers talk like that, not five-year-olds!

Plus always the Americans, particularly American muggles, do it better trope.

Why is Dumbledore setting the Stone trap now? In canon he clearly did it because it was Harry's first year, but he thinks Harry's dead or a death-eater trainee.

And, seriously, a master Occlumens at 10 based on a book? It's supposedly one of the most secret, difficult, and obscure disciplines in the world, with only three known practitioners in all of England. Also not the same thing as Legilimency, and learning one doesn't teach the other. Hell, how does Minerva even KNOW that Dumbles and Snape use Legilimency?

Why do they call him the Boy Who Lived and Vanished? Harry Potter in canon also vanished for 10 years, but they just called him the Boy Who Lived.

And... helpful, polite Goblins. Ugh! SO non-canon!

How the hell does Harry know about house elves being tortured by their owners? That's not a subject likely to come up around 10-year-olds!
Andellethrush chapter 36 . 7/9
Really? Dan and Emma? wowwwww
Magnusss chapter 1 . 7/8
Nice
rtfootball01 chapter 37 . 6/30
While I am enjoying the story and understand your need to keep the second task close to canon I refuse to believe Harry would just go along with his girlfriend getting kidnapped. Seeing as she is a minor and almost died during the task it could of resulted into an international incident. Something I would of pointed out to the judges as soon as I knew what they were planning. One can not simply take an unwilling foreigner hostage.
Haydogofthepack chapter 2 . 6/27
Technically your grandaunt. Not great aunt.
Haydogofthepack chapter 1 . 6/27
I would have found it hilarious if Minerva had blatant favoritism of Cats over Owls playing to her animagus form. Opportunity missed sadly.
the-cari-moose chapter 36 . 6/22
Nice breaking of the fourth wall there haha
the-cari-moose chapter 33 . 6/22
I'm so glad about the way you found around the animosity around Harry, I'm sure it will make the story much less angsty compared to the Globlet of Fire (particularly with Ron out of the equation too), it's so sad to see Harry and Hermione separated but at the same time I feel like this year will be a great growing point for Harry!
the-cari-moose chapter 32 . 6/22
I was wondering what on earth was going on with it being at Beauxbatons and how on earth Harry would be drawn from the goblet, as well as the fact that not only is bad speculation on Harry this time around but it will almost most certainly be on Minerva as well because everyone will think she put his name in.
*sigh* I shall continue reading your heroics to find out!
the-cari-moose chapter 20 . 6/21
This I should all really excellent, I like the substitute of the cutting curse in place of Gryffindor's sword, however the only objection I have is that horcruxes cannot be summoned by magic...
the-cari-moose chapter 17 . 6/21
Woah Dumbledore found him!
5,229 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »