Reviews for Powers of Persuasion
Kaira-chan15 chapter 6 . 4/4/2011
I like the part where Elizabeth was making the connection to opium. It was an interesting and thought-provoking connection.

Amazing story! :) Your writing was wonderful, the idea was unique, and the overall plot was plausible and possible. I also love how Elizabeth isn't one extreme or the other; she didn't fall in love with Beckett in the end, but she didn't completely hate him and condemn his name either. She has mixed emotions, which is more plausible, I think. I loved it!

This part made me think of The Scarlett Letter:

The crimson wax was somehow glaring and accusatory. She folded up the letters so she wouldn't have to look at it.
Kaira-chan15 chapter 5 . 4/4/2011
The setting fits her mood well. Rain is perfect to parallel her confusion, frustration, depression, and mystery.

I loved the end; they understood each other without even having to say anything. It was such an intense connection. Great work!
Kaira-chan15 chapter 4 . 4/4/2011
I can practically feel the tension in this scene! Poor Elizabeth. She should pretend that Lord Beckett is Will - that might make it a little less horrible. And it's strange how frightening Lord Beckett can be for such a small man. He creeps me out though. Nice work!
Kaira-chan15 chapter 3 . 4/4/2011
Oh noes - Beckett has come! I can't wait to read what happens next. :D

You use good imagery; I could picture the entire setting perfectly. Nice details, too.
Kaira-chan15 chapter 2 . 4/4/2011
You've kept all the characters perfectly in character; Mercer speaks exactly as he would in the movie. Good job :) You also do a good job at characterization; I hate Beckett already lol.
Kaira-chan15 chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
This sounds very interesting so far. When I watched this scene, I actually thought something like this could happen, too.
Bloodsired chapter 6 . 3/11/2011
Well-written fic you got Beckett in character. Great job! Usually im a Davy Jones & Barbossa fan not in the slightest i imagine myself reading a Cutler/Beth fic but i have . I truly enjoy it! Well, im on the sequel. Cheers!
CanNeverQuiteGetThere chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
Sorry I'm writing this in a rush so it's not going to make sense but I have to tell yiu that this was really really well written. The detail. The people especially Beckett unbelievably in character, I can effortlessly see him saying so many of the lines, still manage to extend it past the boudaries of the film. In fact I'd venture to say that your Beckett is more realistic than the film's. And more intriguing. The first chapter was the most well-written. the sort of subtle interplay in the changes of power And the most skilful line I'd pick out is two words long:

"Clever girl."

The portrayal of Beckett at the point of losing his control yet retaining his mocking tones and not admitting defeat. Brilliant.

Yours etc.
Mrs.DeppQueenObsessorGoddess chapter 6 . 2/23/2008
Wow, I really loved this story!

I've read it before, but I have no idea why I didn't review, sorry! I really love the way you wrote this, everyone is so in character!

I also love the sequel to this, I think it's the Powers of Temptation (If that is the sequel, I think it is, at least.). You have a wonderfull writing style, great job!
andrew chapter 6 . 1/20/2008
YUCK!
Ragged Claws chapter 6 . 12/30/2007
I read a lot of graphic fics and never has one had the power to make me blush. Yet yours did, and it didn't even include a sex scene! Brilliant characterisation, beautifully written - all in all an amazing fic. ;)
kncrowder88 chapter 6 . 12/26/2007
This is really good great job.
Hajnalmadar chapter 6 . 12/7/2007
I loved it!:)
AdiosAhora chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
Not many Beckettbeth stories to be found. Very well written, you captured the characters perfectly!
Delete Moi chapter 6 . 7/20/2007
Very nice story. It was pretty cool.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »