Reviews for Taking It For Granted
That.

Was awesome.

What's the song?
EvilChocolateCupcakeMaker chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
You owe me an IOU. . .cute.
Valmarien chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
Great story, great character analysis. Thanks!
astrakane chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
very cool ! you manage to make a relly good portrait of the two !
alBBie chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
Very well-written. I like the descriptions a lot and your use of words. That sounds weird. Anyway, I like the lyrics a lot, too, and I'm assuming they're lyrics, not poetry or something. If they are lyrics, what song are they from?
anon chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
T_T

thats about it

so sad but it makes so much sense
TWbasketcase chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
Hey there Nova!

I, firstly, want to say that this was A) Not only the best Claire and John piece I have ever read, and B) This the best piece that YOU ever wrote. In my opinion anyways :)

I think you captured the essence of their relationship perfectly. In fact, that was exactly how I have always seen the two of them. Her falling head over heels for him - and knowing it, but wanting to run before he hurt her. And him falling head over heels for her - and just not quite getting it, and never dare admitting to anything remotely sappy.

It was excellent!

I also liked how you had that underlying presence of Allison throughout the fic. Yes, she is a freakishly good observer, isn't she? LOL. I laughed when they BOTH said the same thing. But if anyone were to be able to paint a good outside picture of the two of them, I think it would be Allison.

So anyhow, excellent fic here. The only thing I gotta say is BE CAREFUL with the song fics. You never know when some idiot ass clown could come around and report you for using lyrics. I would HATE for it to get pulled down, or worse. Great job on the piece and I hope to see more from you soon!

Kristen
Philipa Aleshre chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
I read this at school and I didn't care what was happening around me, I just stared at the screen when I finished reading, with many things on my mind.

God, I loved this. I love John and Claire as a couple but also as individuals, and I liked a lot that both of them were thinking about the same things. How they loved each other so much that they were scared and they won't admit it. Ohh! I wanted to slap them both and yell: "Say him/her what you really feel!". God. I don't know, there were so many things that I enjoyed here. Like when both of them admitted themselves they were attracted at first by the façade, but then something even greater happened inside of them. They wanted to end it because they weren't so secure about things and what was going to happen.

"John Bender had no problems ending his relationship with Claire Standish because she was the first girl he’d ever cared enough about to do anything for, and she was the first girl who was too afraid to tell him. Claire Standish had no problems ending his relationship with John Bender because he was her first love and she couldn’t bring herself to make him change even a single thing about himself for her."

Those lines killed me. And the last one! I wanted to cry, to scream, to run, to jump, lol. I don't know, I wanted to do something to fix things, then silly me remembered that I was being so pathetic having those kind of thoughts because this is just a fic... and though I wanted to make things up, I wouldn't because both of them are so complex and stubborn and...! Oh, maybe I should just stop embarrasing myself, LOL.

I'm going. Too much good writing affects my brain, and yours was so good that now I'm totally damaged.

Bye! Keep writing!

Ivanna
EloiseJ chapter 1 . 9/19/2006

Nice.

I hate people and there layers. In a way everything would be easier if they just said how they felt

I hope they realise

They are hope

and when hope goes there is nothing

my parentals said i could come

what are the lyrics?