Reviews for Vicious Circle
Aurelia99 chapter 1 . 6/24/2016
Awww, this was sweet :)
The unsung hero of Atlantis and he doesn't even mind.
Fav part: the way Rodney told Sheppard that he and Ronon are now friends, as they have something in common...
lilawonder chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Brilliant! I even liked the POV you used. But the conversation between Rodney and John was sublime.
Talenyn01 chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
This was an awesome fic! Good job!
godsdaughter77 chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
This was a wonderful story. I loved how you portrayed Chuck, especially the last lines of the story. This was excellently done. Great job!
Dr. Dredd chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Wonderful story! We see so few from Chuck's point of view, and he's such a fun character to work with.

As always, a lovely look at the Rodney/John dynamic, with a little bit of Carson thrown in there. And the jabs at Biro had me laughing. Disappointed at the prognosis, indeed. She was probably especially disappointed that she wouldn't be able to let the bone saws rip. :-)

Congrats on the award for this!
Lady Taevyn chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
Wow. I came here via sgastoryfinders. and wanted to let you know that I loved this story. Your use of outside POV gives it so much more depth.
LinziDay chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
LOVE this: “Just… never need to thank me and that’ll be thanks enough for me.”

“That’s rather circular logic, Colonel.”

“What can I say? I’m a sucker for a good Hot Wheels track.”

mary deveau chapter 1 . 1/28/2008
Excellent story. Love the POV. The gate techs do have a unique perspective on Atlantis. You really captured the McKay/Sheppard banter.

Congrats on the Award Nomination.
heartfallen chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
Awesome story!
npetrenko chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
Great job!
Crystal chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
This is great it really has feeling. Really gives you a feeling of what its like to be a gate tech.
Ditzyleo chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Brillent. Loved it- really well written and from an usual veiwpoint that really works
anonymous chapter 1 . 10/10/2006
The SGC also maintains a base at the Gamma site, and presumably the Alpha and Beta sites too, not just Cheyenne Mountain and Atlantis.

You can't be the "dead center" middle child of eight. And baseball teams have nine players, a number you *can* be dead center of.

If by "the urge to trade in my Dad’s Buick for a newer model" you're referring to used car salesmen, perhaps you should swap it with "the need to check for slime on my shoulder". As written the clause is really perplexing.

The unnamed gate tech was in The Brotherhood-onwards, which was weeks before the Daedalus arrived for the first time.

Naquadah is misspelled several times.

How do we get from "the best table odds in Vegas" to the chevrons being "rather fang-like"?

An intelligence all *their* own.

The beginning suggests McKay came in through the gate-level door. But at the end they're climbing the stairs. Why not take a transporter?
fififolle chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
I loved that! Thanks.
Hromiko chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
This is a great story and it's terribly wrong of me to not just compliment away, but nameless gate tech (or Chuck the technician as I tend to think of him) was definitely in Season 1 so that kind of bugged me enough that I am distracted from all the praise I should be giving you. I think nameless gate tech is my favorite non-regular character (counting Zelenka as regular, though I think the nameless Canadian was in more eps than him the second season), I get much too excited at the site of him and his continued namelessness. :) So it was nice to have a story from his POV and the idea that he's used to just fading into the background is fun. I really liked Beckett in this story too, how hard must it be for him, letting that other soldier die and not even knowing it, the idea that his reaction would be to have everyone checking his work seems very like him. John and Rodney's coversation was nice, too. I never really thought about the gate that much and what it could mean to them. Very well written as always. Keep on writing!