Reviews for Stuck Together
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
Darkly funny and still dripping with enough angst to keep me nicely fed. That poker surely did a lot of damage to the boys but helped them reconnect with their inner feelings and thus allowing them to express the 'L' word whether drugged induced or not. Loved if from the opening line to the last, and still think this one visit to the ER that is going to be written up in various medical journals worldwide! Uniquely inventive story. Thank you so much for bringing a smile and wince to my face all in the same breath. Great imaginative writing.

Ps. As for your disclaimer at the end 'no animals were hurt in the making...' well girl just exactly what happened to that poor Lionfish then? Does it come back as some uberspook in another story to worry the brothers with its own possession?
IMTheresa chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
Wow, Em! You impaled them. Awesome idea and a great story!
troubletwinintx chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
I'm glad to hear the cat made it. You have one hell of an imagination. I loved all of it (as always).
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
That was awesome! That title was quite the understatement:) Its like you wrapped up a whole novel into one little one-shot but didn't lose anything - all the action, angst, h/c, ghost-hunting - everything's still there. Very good job! Thank you:)
Carikube chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
YOU are the QUEEN of one-shots! And this… this… you are pure poetry in motion. How you can capture action, angst, h/c and humor in one tight incredibly awesome package just blows my mind. You already know I love this, but I NEED to re-cap!

** “Thank you, Captain Obvious,” Dean grumbled to himself. He licked the corner of his mouth and tasted blood. “Son of a bitch,” he cursed, using the back of his hand to wipe away the trail of wetness.

This, here, is the quintessential Dean.

** A mound of tan fur- the resident Persian cat- hit the wall with a yowl, all four feet out to the sides and its tail pointing to the floor. It remained where it was, sixteen claws permanently embedded in the drywall.

I swear, THIS is the most unique image I have ever read! This right here needs an award. Maybe a furry one even. Something stuffed and mounted maybe. Not the squirrel. It’s sacred, remember. But… wow, Em. Incredible imagery – such an efficient use of words. I HATE you! ;-)

** The iron rod protruded from the front of Dean’s shoulder, slick with thick blood, and continued into Sam’s chest.

Oh, girl. This is why you are the queen! I have NEVER heard of anything like this, but, yeowie! AWESOME! And OHMYGOSH, you describe the boys so beautifully as they work their way out of the house. Oh baby… I’m blubbering and whimpering and really rather pathetic right now. But it’s ALL good!

The getting down the stairs… oh man, I KNEW what was going to happen… but sheesh, you eclipsed my earlier read and made my heart pound all over again! Just… WOW! And you know my thoughts on a sweaty pain-delirious Sam!

** Sam was breathing slowly, gurgling softly. A tiny drop of blood glistened on the dip of his bottom lip. “Sam?” he called, lifting his brother’s chin. “Come on, wake up. Help’s here.”

Hawaii remember! I need say no more.

** Red and blue lights swirled around them, morphing the dark street into a perverted disco.

Oh girl, THIS is the most original and evocative emergency lights description that I’ve ever read. So short, sweet but… it captures the moment beautifully. The bitterness of it. And I love the word perverted, when used right, it’s stunning. And you used it so powerfully!

** Dean watched as the flock of nurses dispersed. He turned his attention back to the illuminated x-rays, and more impressively, the perfect images they depicted. Their ribcages faced each other, obscured by the long bones of their arms. The handle of the fire poker was against Dean’s spine, the curved, ornate point at Sams’.

Imagery, Em. You… me… speechless. Falls to knees and kisses feet. I’m not worthy… not worthy!

** Sam lifted a hand and let it fall heavily on Dean’s bare knee. He looked straight into Dean’s eyes and said, “I love you, man.”

This just tears me up and makes me smile all at the same time. I am SO glad that Dean’s comeback was a tender one. That he appreciated Sam’s gesture. Given the seriousness of the situation, it’s somewhat loaded and it’s a beautiful moment between them should things have gone wrong.

** “What you said earlier, right before they knocked us out…” Dean took a breath, steeling himself as Sam’s face relaxed. “I just want you to know… it goes both ways.”

And THIS is the most perfect ending. You REALLY get the guys. You get their bond! I love that. I trust that. Just beautiful.

But, hell, what a ride! I’m left panting after what is now my… um… well… let’s just say that I’ve read this quite a bit since you first sent it. *blush* Aw… it’s all YOUR fault. You write too well. C’mon, make your next story crap, I dare ya! ;-)
Evergreene chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
That really had to hurt. Oh well, all's well and all. Brilliant story, I didn't know whether to laugh or wince in some bits. Loved the cat in the wall lol! Looking forward to your next offering!
mcatB chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
This was fun. Angst, pain, brotherly love and bad jokes... what more could one ask for?
Mishka89 chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
Cool story I liked it. Reminded me of an Ep of Grey's Anatomy where the same kind of thing happened there too but one of the people died so I'm glad that didn't happen here. But seriously, wicked story.
anon chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
"No animals were harmed in the making of this story."

Yeah, but I bet that wasn't the happiest cat in the world. Fried fish dinner not withstanding.
devonshire64 chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
very original, i liked it. i always like reading fresh ideas.
carocali chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
What a totally cool story! Evil poltergeist abound and then impalement by fire poker! I actually had to read it twice to see that they BOTH got nailed! Wow!

The intricacy involved with the injury and their escape from the fire was just brilliant. What a treat to read something so good as I arrive home from a day from hell!

Nice to see you writing again! Please continue!

angel679 chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
Great story I love a drugged Sammy he never acts goofy unless hes medicated. Its just fun to see him relax and let go even against his will. Loved the whole fire poker impalement even though every move they made I cringed for them.
Riana1 chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
Your eye for detail is brillant, /The lacy body of a lion fish flopped about in front of Dean’s left foot/ just blew the scene into TechniColor for me.

It is your best quality has a writer.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
What a wonderful job you did on this story!

Though where you thought of a cat stuck to the wall... glad it was able to get down.

You opened with a great action scene to start your story and than the surprise when the iron went through them both. Dean :) was awesome as the big brother, calling 911 and saying Sam needed help, when he was injuried too.

I loved the brother moments. When Sam said "I love you" and Dean told Sam at the end "it goes both ways." Perfect!

Really enjoyed this piece, thanks for sharing it with us.

Take care.
JJ Phoenix chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
Now THAT is a brand new way to whump them both! Just the right blend of humor, angst, and brotherly squee...nicely done!

Oh, and my favorite line:

He leaned in close, gently prodding the swollen flesh around the rod as Dean tried not to punch him in the face.

I *heart* Dean. :D