Reviews for First Step
Karen chapter 1 . 12/9/2006
Oh yeah you did good. I am sitting here crying it was so good.

Again, thanks for sharing.
irishgirl9 chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
This was a really swweet story!
Mystiksnake chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
Awesome!

Love it from the teachers perspective!
SilverKitsune1 chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
Way to freak the teacher out John, though you get why.

I really like that you went at this through the teacher's poit of view. I think you're right. Had it been John's POV it would have seemed to angsty, but from an outsider is just seemed like something very important/painful was going on.
Balanced chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
This is a great story. I love your pieces. My recommendation, though, is to consider a beta reader. There's a bit of word confusion here and there.
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
Loved this sweet story and can totally see Dean there. I loved the lines:

"He's a good boy," his father said, but I couldn't bring myself to look away from the child right then.

The man continued to explain and I looked down at Dean again, only he wasn't looking up anymore. He'd gone back to just standing there, holding his Dad's hand.

"... but he listens, he's a good boy," Mr. Donnelly repeats.

Great! I really enjoyed reading it!
Gibi chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
I like your story... And the teacher's POV is a god idea, i'm happy you write it.
Cailin chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
I don't care how hard this story was for you, It was wonderful!
Tarien Lakilea Tel'anor chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
I love getting the teacher's perspective. It's just so intersting to see how others see this twisted little family. Especially if you do it in a way that doesn't make the OC obtrusive and too Mary Sueish. This was a good story and I really enjoyed it.

Thanks! :)
wee-me chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
It was good. I felt so sorry for Dean, and a little sorry for John and the teacher. I thought you expressed John's concern quite well.
L'insomnie des etoiles chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
Interesting ...I like the teatcher, how she doesn't know how to react , how she is curious ... Good fic !
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
Well.

I did catch one typo: "His face was soft and his eyes warm- he was handsome, right them." - I assume you meant "... right then."

Well.

Would it annoy you if I asked for more?
Aimed mischief chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
Wow, that was so amazing! It totally blew me away. It was incredible, really, I'm speechless. Keep up the excellent work! _

Take care,

Izzy
C. K. Sav chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
I love the short story, you going to do a follow-up or in a sequel to the story. That would be great if you have class story or something.

I think that way in which you have portrayed the characters is beautifully done. And I can't wait to read more of your work.

charlotte
angel679 chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
I liked the pov you wrote it from it came through great. It was an excellent story you got the teachers confusion and Johns fear as well as Deans sorrow and panic. Great story.
37 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »