Reviews for Tenderfoot
pisces1972 chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
This was a wonderful read. The dialogue, overall, was brilliant. I *really* enjoyed how you handled Lifeline, with the small exception of a few details. First, I'll tell you what I enjoyed. The interaction and friendship between Lift-Ticket and Lifeline was brilliant. Also, the action scenes involving Lifeline's use of aikido were very nice. He's extraordinarily brave, willing to take incredible risks that others wouldn't, and again, I think you handled this with finesse.

As I mentioned above, there's a few minor things about the portrayal of Lifeline I didn't care for, but I'm going to tell you why. One of those things was his dialogue...oftentimes, it came across as snarky or sarcastic (a la Gregory House MD). While this was humorous to be sure, especially with his snappy comebacks, it didn't strike me as being very Edwin-ish. In the show, he was always very soft-spoken, and while (as a minister's son) he had a few 'zingers' up his sleeve, it wasn't a constant supply.

The second thing was that in the show, he didn't really brush off Bree Van Mark. Yeah, she's an annoying character, but to be sure, Edwin eventually warmed up to her. I couldn't really picture another man coming into the picture and Edwin responding by essentially shrugging and saying, 'Meh, you can have her'.

Anyhow, I know you submitted this story quite some time ago, but I wanted to weigh in, being new here. I do hope you continue this sometime, it's very enjoyable.
Tower of Babel chapter 11 . 1/17/2007
an exciting read!
trecebo chapter 11 . 12/6/2006
Tee hee! Sneak suprise by Cobra dudes and fun to follow. I really like this story.
Hack.Drawer chapter 11 . 12/6/2006
LOL Man...I was so happy to see that you updated; I truly love these stories you have going on. That LL sure did pull one on them quite nicely; it seems they never knew what was coming until then. I love BH's demeanor; the guy has a special place in my favs. _ And LT is wonderful as always; manly man who has (most) of it all figured out. As always, loving it. Hope to see more real soon!
trecebo chapter 10 . 10/31/2006
Sisters. I wouldn't know about that, since I have a brother but he prolly thinks the same about me since he was in a tank division. :D
trecebo chapter 9 . 10/25/2006
I really enjoyed the insiders look at that eppy. And the too tight part at the end was funny. I am still snickering.
Hack.Drawer chapter 9 . 10/21/2006
...I'm starting to REALLY dislike this site *gnashes teeth*. AGAIN. ANYWAY, The Baroness made me feel ickle, Lady Jaye is written awesomely, LT is DEFINITELY NOT WIMPY AND WEAK, and I hope he learned something about KARMA, today. LOVE THIS FIC.
trecebo chapter 8 . 10/18/2006
I like how you show their moral differences as just that: different. It makes each seem their own man and gives them ground to talk about things.
Hack.Drawer chapter 8 . 10/18/2006
LOL Man, LT's a MAN'S man! I like how you don't romanticize him or make him all...wimpy. LT and LL's interaction is fun to read b/c both seem so opposite. Man, I wish I knew who this 'Bree' person was...she sounds snotty. Why do nice guys always fall for snotty girls? Le sigh...

Another enjoyable chapter!
Manga chapter 7 . 10/15/2006
YES! Update! _ I liked this last chapter-action has me happy. LT and RB working together sounds like a sure formula for trouble, given their enthusaism for combat. And sure enough, their male egos...! Anyway, I'm happy for the quick updates and for the longer chapter that wrapped up a nice action spiel. Can't wait for more-! I really like that LT gets some deserved attention. Great job 8D
trecebo chapter 7 . 10/14/2006
You have a good hand at fight scenes, playing it very lightly, much like the TV show. I could see it lay out like railroad tracks, straightforward and well done.

Also, Mainframe in babble mode? RUN-away!
trecebo chapter 6 . 10/13/2006
Rut Roh Roh Roh! It seems Scooby and Shaggey (and...who could Roadblock be? Freddie?) are in trouble again. Hee hee HEE hee hee...
LaneIA chapter 6 . 10/12/2006
Ah, don't leave me hanging! Update this quick!

Thanks, it was a great chapter!
LaneIA chapter 5 . 10/11/2006
Hurray! Did you know it was my birthday yesterday and all I could think when I checked on this story in the morning was "I wish there would be an update". I checked today and surprise...you posted! I guess I should have checked that evening instead!

Anyway...great story. Like the interplay between the two.
Calcitrix chapter 5 . 10/10/2006
I finally gave in and read it, even though it's not my favorite characters, and now you've got me hooked anyway. I love the humor-it's right on. I'll definitely check back for more!