Reviews for Season 8 to 9 Bridge
ALIMOO1971 chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
great chapter, thar was a sad episode, and i know every one will miss jacob alot
Ilovesg1 chapter 8 . 10/29/2006
Very nice. I love Paul's letter on love.
Starlover1990 chapter 8 . 10/29/2006
great chapter i loved it..update soon again please:)
gategirl13 chapter 7 . 10/17/2006
lol, well i dont think they'd be doing much sleeping :P.

great chapter. full of wonderfull ship!

great writing! every chapter is just so in character.

really well done! cant wait for more :D
froggy0319 chapter 7 . 10/17/2006
Your fic always makes me smile and this one was no exception :) I think I am off to read it again and just smile and sigh, as I love seeing them this happy :)
dyslecksec chapter 6 . 10/15/2006
Another terrific chapter, very poignant eulogy.

Just a quick reference to your story's summary..."In my universe, there was a lot we didn't see..." I was bored and ran some numbers. If we assume 1 season roughly equals 1 year (the 4 year comment in "Threads" is questionable), then the episodes show less than 0.2% of everything that happens. So, yeah, there really is a lot we weren't shown or isn't automatically inferred (i.e. days/weeks long missions).
stusue chapter 6 . 10/15/2006
Wow. What a brilliant chapter! While paying great homage to Jacob, with a fantastic eulogy from Jack, you still manage to have wonderful Sam/Jack moments. This chapter is such a soft, intimate look into such a sad episode in their lives, that it has incredible emotional impact. You manage to convey an amazing depth of feeling by simply describing a look, or a single tear falling. I love this fic and can't wait to see where you next take us on this emotional journey.
froggy0319 chapter 6 . 10/14/2006
I was so irked when the show never paid homage to Jacon such a great character. Thanks from the bottom of my heart for this one as I am sure Jack would have been the one to deliver the eulogy and his words made my heart break. Cannot wait for more :)
gategirl13 chapter 6 . 10/14/2006
aww. so sad. poor sam :(.

that was a fantastic speech by jack!

loved the chaper. so glad there was, although teary, a moment in the limo with jack and sam ;D

really loving it! doing a fantastic job! cant wait to read more!
Ilovesg1 chapter 2 . 10/14/2006
Now that's what should have happened. Very good.
Ilovesg1 chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
Very nice. I don't know how I missed this when it was first posted.
janissima chapter 6 . 10/14/2006
Very sad but touching. Glad that you had Sam surrounded by people who love her.
scarletwitch0 chapter 6 . 10/14/2006
Wow! Great beginnings! A new twist on the 8 to 9th season. Had me riveted to my seat. On my alert list.
gategirl13 chapter 5 . 10/8/2006
:D :D :D...LOVED IT! it was awesome. great chapter. really swwet. can NOT wait for more! !
dyslecksec chapter 5 . 10/8/2006
Despite the shear number of "Threads" tags in existence, this one really stands out. What I like most about it is its pacing. It moves at a comfortable rate, without being so rapid it skips over details, neither does it dwell overly long on scenes nor do you seem to feel the need to play out every minute. I think you've also struck a good balance between just Sam & Jack scenes and scenes with other characters.

However, I have one minor issue of a purely personal prejudicial nature. It really, really, *really* bugs me when Sam's friends (in any fanfic, not just this one) call her "Samantha" outside introducing her as "blahblah Samantha Carter". Why you ask? For the most part, in the show she was only called that by her oily boyfriend wannabes, primarily Narim and Martouf. And the way those two said "Samantha" just bugs the heck out of me. Narim was condescending and Martouf said it like he was describing someone she's not (*cough*Jolinar*cough). It always struck me that if they were hung up on calling her "Samantha" they didn't really know her and had no business trying to make a move on her (like they so obviously were).

Admittedly, there is one exception to this in the show, "Grace". RDA put so much nuance into the way he said her name, it was pretty singular in my opinion. I'm probably reading way more into all of this than I should, so feel free to ignore my lunatic ramblings.

ANYWAY, keep up the good work, I look forward to reading more.
79 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »