Reviews for The Firefighter, the Witch and the Closet
beyondtired chapter 4 . 9/28/2006
This is so good.
ChaiGrl chapter 5 . 9/28/2006
Your story was amazing. It was so creative. I loved reading every word of it. I especially enjoyed seeing how the alt. Sam and Dean were. I hope you have a sequel in mind. I can't wait to read more. Until your next update, Happy Writing!
carocali chapter 5 . 9/28/2006
Wait a minute, what happened to OUR Sam? You can't leave it like that young lady! YOu need an epilogue or something.

I do like how you sparked the interest in the other Dean, but you have to tell us the rest! More please!

Carikube chapter 2 . 9/28/2006
From the opening paragraph, this chapter was flawless. The description of the cold landscape and the effect of man-handling the ‘other’ Sam had on Dean knotted something in me and made my breath catch. There’s such a powerful imagery to your writing that demands that it be read and re-read, each time more magical than the first.

I feel for all of the characters. The ‘real’ Dean (our Dean) is almost frantic, yet controlled. The effect that the other Sam has on him makes me ache, and the ‘other’ Dean is so real, so blissfully innocent and yet so protective of his kid brother that I can’t help but love him. And Sam. Well… I just adore him regardless of what universe he’s in. :-)

There is such a warm desperation, if that makes sense, in the way you write. Everything is so well laid out, the words chosen with such care and grace that my heart clenches and everything (I mean everything) has significance.

Dean’s thoughts as he is driving the highway with his non-brother, it’s impossible not to question where Sam is. I know he’s alive because if he weren't 'our' Dean would be 'changed', but Dean’s quiet desperation warns me that not all is right - and it definately involves Sam. I love how you keep so much closely guarded – yet nothing is missing from the story that pulls away from the wonder and completeness of it.

The slowing of the car into the curve of the road was exquisite. Dean’s thoughts about how this Sam might look – scar free – was so telling of Dean’s love for his little brother, yet it’s done in such a subtle way. Bravo!

Sam’s attempt to flee the car was fantastic! Heart-stopping and heart-breaking. Dean’s restraint is so Dean. He controls the situation without hurting the younger man, despite copping injuries himself. And the courage that the other Sam shows, despite having no training, is another detail that makes this story so brilliant. These 'other' brothers are so inherently Winchester, yet their pasts have been so unmarred by violence. They're still survivors, not gutless and the dynamic between them is unchanged. I love that. I really do!

But… oh God, when Dean fired into the car. My heart stopped. I *knew* he would never hit Sam… but the poor kid wouldn’t know that and he's lived such a violence free life that I physically flinched each time the gun went off.

As for the other Dean hearing those gunshots! Oh gosh, I can barely communicate what he must have felt. You packaged that in a way that, as a writer, I'm so envious of! Really! You included just enough, but not too much.

I adored Dean’s assessment of the other him. His approval of the older brother’s protectiveness won my heart. He already had it, but that scene with the gunshots and the phone call sealed it.

** “Tell him you have to go,” Dean said gently. The look of despair and terror Sam shot him made Dean feel ill. He wondered when exactly he’d gone from Dean Winchester, demon hunter, and protector of the innocent to Dean Winchester, evil, kidnapping, bastard.

I picked this out specifically because it packages two sets of intense emotions into one small paragraph, and it evoked a pained reaction in me. I feel deeply (and fear) for both this reality and the other in equal portions. Though a touch more for Dean. To see Sam afraid of him... any Sam would be absolutely awful to bear.

Stunning writing. If this all goes through, I’ll be so pleased. You deserve it all!
trecebo chapter 5 . 9/27/2006
For all the differences, they sure are quite close. I do love this whole idea. AU realities facinate me to no end. I'm glad I hung on for the ride.
geminigrl11 chapter 5 . 9/27/2006
Very interesting AU! Wonderful how you managed to keep both Dean's completely in character, even though their lives were so removed from each other. Love the conclusion and what that might mean for firefighter Dean (and the great relationship between him and Sam). Would LOVE to read what was going on back in the "real" Dean's 'verse that brought him through the closet, and how the closet even came to be. :) So, there is my official request for a prequel (that can easily segue into a sequel . . . not that I am greedy . . .)
Evergreene chapter 5 . 9/27/2006
I really enjoyed this story, and I'd love to see a sequel/prequel if inspiration happens to strike. Thanks for sharing your wonderful story with us!
Liz Bach chapter 4 . 9/26/2006
This is such an interesting story! I love the voice you've given Dean (very true to his character on the show); and I love that Sam is an absolute sweetheart and deeply cared about, no matter which universe he's in.
trecebo chapter 4 . 9/26/2006
Intriguing! Totally. Like I said, I don't watch Supernatural but this is so good as a written piece! You take it many places and hold it together so well. Verdy goot stuffs, dat.
Phx chapter 4 . 9/26/2006
Very nice. I liked how he was nice to Sam but harder on himself, lol! And nice touch with the subtle differences between the two sets of brothers.

And finally, we find out the real Sam - or our real Sam, lol - is around but he's sick. I wonder what those seeds were that the old witch lady gave to Dean... was she like Mother Nature or someting?

Very intersting story.
Evergreene chapter 4 . 9/26/2006
Hey, you even had a white witch! ...Sort of. This story has completely captured my interest. I adore the touches of humour you have in here (He paused. “Please don’t be traumatized from this.” lol!), which are mixed in with a nicely confusing plot. Excellent! Looking forward to the new chapter!
Faye Dartmouth chapter 4 . 9/26/2006
There is something truly inventive about this fic. It just feels so right-it makes total sense and as I read. The characterizations are good, and the interaction between Dean and his counterpart and the other Sam is just so intriguing. It's been a fun read so far...I look forward to the conclusion.
Julie chapter 3 . 9/24/2006
This is good! Update soon. : )
AuthoressCrest chapter 3 . 9/24/2006
yayes! \o/ you updated! Got off work today and saw this had been updated, it just made my day better! Poor AuDean he got beat up by CanonDean! *snorkles at the wincest refrence* This is definately getting pretty interesting, wonder what was in the Beaver Caves that Dean had to get? Oh and Dean and AuDean need to take an interest I mean, the chronicles Narnia, i thought everyone had read that book, at least once? Everyone loves Narnia, lol. I bet they pretend not to know what Sams talking about just to make him look like a geek. Anywhoo. Please update soon, I really want to see how this turns out!
beyondtired chapter 3 . 9/24/2006
Awesome story - the bit about Narnia was too funny. Can't wait for more of this one.
66 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »