Reviews for Observance
Erico chapter 5 . 11/24/2014
Damn, how come I didn't know you'd written this? Damn nice piece of work! Good inspiration fodder as I continue ahead with Sunrise Over Lylat.

-Erico
A. Nony Mous chapter 6 . 10/5/2010
Very cool story! Do you plan to update it? There's a lot more of the war to cover after all, who knows what's in for our favorite pilots now?
Gui Montag chapter 5 . 6/9/2007
Well, that was unexpected. I half-expected Miyu to turn up alive in the next chapter, but it seems she's gone for good. It's just as well, as it shows that you are not relying on character shields to keep the main characters alive, and illustrates the fact that wars are dangerous and anyone can die at anytime. I especially liked the funeral service at the end; you're right, the aftermath in a war story is something that should be covered more often. I'm look forward to Fay being introduced, as well.

Just one nitpick: I was always under the impression that the Lylatians had not breached the boundary of their own system, and were isolated from the rest of the galaxy with no real FTL, using warpgates for intrasystem travel. As far as I know (I could be wrong) there has been no mention of worlds beyond the Lylat system that heve been explored or colonized, with the war being confined to one system. With two references to contact with outside the system in your story ("Galactic Calendar year 2866" and "the largest defensive cordon in the known galaxy"), this made me confused. If I'm mistaken, please correct me, but I just thought I should point that out.

Anyway, great job as usual, and I look forward to reading the next chapter.
Gui Montag chapter 4 . 5/19/2007
Nice work, as usual. You seem to be unnaturally adept at writing fighter combat action sequences, with enough dialog and technical detail that fits perfectly together. The characters are very believable and in-character (I can easily visualize the Star Fox members having those kinds of casual merc conversations during flight, a great counterpoint to Bill and Miyu's military professionalism). There are just enough main characters to make the story work as well (Although it wouldn't detract from the story to have more characters, such as Faye, or Star Wolf).

I'm the person who emailed you, btw (check the email address on my profile). Don't feel bad about taking so long to update; you're doing a great job. I also look forward to reading your prequel story if something ever becomes of your plans for it.
Gui Montag chapter 3 . 1/19/2007
This is too awesome to ignore! Your portrayal of the characters and description of action sequences is the best I have seen in a long time in Star Fox fanfiction. I hope you update soon!
MasterOneShot chapter 3 . 12/22/2006
This is PERFECT! KEEP IT COMING! BILL GREY RULES! _
foxbird22 chapter 3 . 11/2/2006
Boy, what a great story this is! I can't believe nobody else has been reading it. You've definitely got something good going!

Aside from the minor grammatical stuff, this chapter was excellent. Everything so vividly detailed, all full of action, the well-placed dialogue. All the elements required for such a wonderful story!

I think you've done a pretty good job, in response to you A/N. If anything, I'd say cut back a little bit on the slang of Star Fox's dialogue, because I don't necessarily agree with them being portrayed in that way. Of course, that decision is totally yours, and if that's how you want to portray them, then by all means do it. Either way, it works well.

Keep up the good work! I'll be adding this story to my profile. Looking forward to the next update!
foxbird22 chapter 2 . 10/6/2006
I have to say that this is one of the best military-based Star Fox stories I have read in a long time. It was packed with action and military lingo that really put me in the battle zone. Excellent balance of dialogue/action/description in the story. Keep up the great work!
knightcommander chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
Nice work! I haven't seen any Bill-centered stories in a while, so this is a nice change. I'll definitely keep watching this!