Reviews for The Window
cocoablossom chapter 19 . 5/13
The way you wrote Kakashi’s send off was just perfect. I also got really invested emotionally too, just reading about the crowd gathering, Sakura’s thoughts, and finally Kakashi’s. It was bittersweet and so wonderfully written, down to Kakashi’s offhanded remarks when he addressed the crowd. It was very in-character and amusing as well.
cocoablossom chapter 4 . 5/13
Ugh this build up is so freaking good, and you write so well!
cocoablossom chapter 1 . 5/13
So I first stumbled upon this story years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, and only just found it again today after searching for it for so long. Best part is, I get to experience reading this gem all over again because I don’t remember much of it haha. Only one chapter in and I’m so excited!
Eekhoorntjes chapter 21 . 2/13
This is such a gem of a story! From Kakashi and Sakura's interaction to the plot elements that get picked up later in the story (Sakura's failings in that A-rank mission, Kakashi taking her panty having consequences, Sakura having the confidence to track down the only man that had been decent to her mother when she had become confident in herself) to the character study in it (When the chunin medic Nibiki died and Kakashi was a mess... When both Sakura and Kakashi were messes because they didn't feel as someone's most important person prior to having made that connection with each other).

You know those stories that rip your heart out? This one isn't like that. There were a few turns that would have been so easy to go for misunderstandings, but that trope was left for the very last chapter with Sakura thinking Kakashi knew she was seeing someone else (albeit only for like a day or so), Hinata and Naruto thinking Kakashi knew Sakura loved him BACK, and Kakashi thinking Sakura was pregnant because of Tsunade). There were so many drama moments that could have exploded into heartache and pain.

I mean, the first drama moment could have been when Sakura asked Kakashi to make love to him and she could have chickened out at the out he gave her. I was muttering, "noooo" to myself when it seemed she left, but then she hadn't!

The second for me was, of course, after the six-months thingy where she didn't make it to the jounin exams. There was anger, she was lashing out, but it was so nice seeing them TALK and showing they are honest with each other! Even though it put a dent in the bliss of their sexual relationship.

And then that honesty with each other continued on when they decided to break it off, even if they had trouble breaking away from each other during the night and there is that need already of having each other near that Kakashi asks her to join him on his mission.

And then when he returns from his mission a broken mess, their relationship changes. The emotional need in each other that we've seen from Sakura's side we now see from HIS side too! It's so much in the writing of how... how soft their relationship is, and how they can depend on each other for that emotional intimacy (although it's too soon to put a label on it, and that's where it's gonna spell doom. The anticipation of the shoe to drop with Shizune in the know and Hinata in the know is so painful that you KNOW it's going to come out, it's just a question of when and how. And when it's Naruto and Hinata together, you just KNOW aaaaaaaah)

When they get asked if THEY are in love (not "are you in love", no, of course not. A more complicated question), what else could Sakura have answered but no? It's a given how Kakashi doesn't push Sakura into a direction, instead waiting for her to pick her own path that he obviously isn't going to spill his heart. That, and his own history with people he loved that has crippled him. Of course Sakura isn't going to answer they are in love, because there wasn't enough time to decide that, yes, she is in love, and yes, in a few weeks' time she's going to boldly claim it. So here is, to me, the most heartaching part of the story. Because it's so understandable!

And THEN you also have that terrible mob mentality that, really, needed Kakashi out of the picture for a while. It was handled so well.

And Sasuke! I loved how you had Sasuke not giving a shit about Sakura and Kakashi together, ripping Naruto a new one over why the team was pulled apart and would be pulled apart if he didn't get his shit together and that he was, truly, a little shit to his commanding officer. Also nice how Naruto got some character introspection.

Once again, loved how the misunderstanding trope was used in this comedic way and how... how... soft the relationship and interactions between Kakashi and Sakura were when they got past the so called foreplay.

Thank you for writing this beautiful story! (Such a simple title, but it's going to be one I'll remember without having to look at my favourite list)
read-n-review chapter 12 . 2/12
I mean with 1000% respect for you as an individual and me with my own individual needs when I say that this chapter disappointed me a little. The amount of rage and distrust and lack of validity should have had Sakura going to a training field to vent her anger with ferocity. It seems a little anticlimactic that despite how she felt about him, she didn't clobber him in the face the instant he dared tried to touch her.
I'm not sure. I hate to seem like a backseat writer when I do thoroughly enjoy your work. I guess I'm one for angry fights on the battle field that end in gratuitous angry makeup sex.
Will continue reading to see if Kakashi redeems himself, but I need more Sakura kicking-ass action when she's ready to be a jounin. Cha!
Sincerely,
read-n-review
v.) It's what I do
kagomeLove2 chapter 21 . 2/7
E.X.C.E.L.L.E.N.T. Such a captivating story. It was so believable. Kakashi, Sakura and Naruto were perfect.

Thank you.
narutorocks13 chapter 21 . 1/26
Wow. True beauty in this. I adore a good Kakashi and Sakura pairing and you truely hit the nail on the head with this one! Everyone stayed relatively in character and the plot hooked me enough to stay up well into the early hours of the morning to finish it. I hope you find a way to take this talent and share it with the world. I would definitely buy this if it was a book if I could. Great job!
Chrisstars1 chapter 21 . 1/1
I loved your story!
BorutoIsTrash91 chapter 4 . 1/1
how did he wink with only one eye
Sak chapter 21 . 12/12/2019
D'awww
Wonderful.
Sak chapter 20 . 12/12/2019
The pregnancy kick just never gets old!
Sak chapter 18 . 12/12/2019
Ugh. Just got over yourselves and say I flipping love you and want to be with you forever!
Sak chapter 17 . 12/12/2019
HEARTACHE
Sak chapter 16 . 12/12/2019
Such perfect emotions displayed here. Fantastic
Sak chapter 13 . 12/11/2019
The Sharingan orgasm seemed quite relentless and pointedly unsexy... Haha!
But their relationship is so bitter sweet. Why am I re reading this fic?!
5,625 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »