Reviews for A Cop's Tears
Questfan chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
I wish this had been part of the episode. I always imagined that Hutch couldn't stay there just listening to Molly cry and he would have gone to comfort her. You almost made me cry!
Sarah Victoria Cullen chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
oh my god, that was really beautiful.

It does sound like something that Hutch would do. I would do the exact same thing if I were in that position.

This missing scene made me cry. Just like Molly I lost my father 2 weeks before christmas (but i still had my mother so it's not exactly the same, but close enough)
Shawne 'til dawn chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
Aloha sweet Karen,

Hauntingly beautiful, sweet and heartfelt. I have always loved that scene where Hutch is listening to Molly crying in the dark and I know Hutch, being Hutch, would have gone and comforted the little one. Hutch . . . golden, compassionate, sensitive . . . a poet at heart . . . he would have done exactly what you wrote in this lovely piece.

I loved where you wrote :

I felt the moisture come to my own eyes. Like morning rain, the drops fell down my cheeks. I cried for Molly's pain, not mine. I welcomed my cop's tears. It meant I was still human.

I think so many of us tend to bury our human side . . we pretend to be strong and remain unmoved at tragedies all around us, and we are like this because of the fast paced world in which we live. We need to take a lesson from Hutch and remember that what makes us special is our humaness and it something we must latch onto and never let go . . that we are here on earth to support and love each other, and encourage and uplift one another during the dark times and valleys that we all must walk through at one time or another in life. I think that is why all of us resonate and love Starsky and Hutch so much because they demonstrate that bond, that essential love and friendship and humaness all of us secretly crave.

Thank my sweet Karen, my friend, for capturing that important lesson in which we all must learn . . if only . . .if only everyone could be like Hutch, our world would truly be a better place in which to live. Karen, you are a brilliant artist . . you paint with your words and create spectacular masterpieces that touch me beyond belief. Mahalo for that. I am most humbled and honored to call you my friend. Much love and aloha, Shawne
e-pony chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
This is very nice, Karen. A good missing scene and an excellent bit of emotional introspection on Hutch's part. Very moving.

I esp. liked this line, which jibes with persoal experience:

"Running so fast through his childhood just so he didn't have to feel the pain."

Pony
Hutch-is-gorgeous chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
Hi buddy!

I am of the opinion Hutch took Molly in just because he's Hutch! :):):):)

Though he was thinking of Starsky losing his father (which we know it's not in concrete Starsky's dad was a cop) I feel Hutch would have taken her in regardless of Starsky losing his dad. A person (even though they began griping about Christmas, but still has a heart!) doesn't need such a motive to do such.

Well now that I've said that, I'm looking forward to some more of your writing!

With love,

Robbin, Hig, Pooh...
Elivalero chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
What a beautiful missing scene! Just what the episodes was missing!
Kreek chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
Hi Karen

This was very sweet. I've always loved the scene where Hutch hears Molly cry. Thank you for putting it into words.

Kreek
Creedo chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
That was a beautiful missing scene...I always wondered about that one, because I didn't think HUtch would have just sat on the couch, listenting to her sobs...I am glad you fixed it, I like this one better, he would have gone in there to be with her...thanks for this read...

Delia
Monika11 chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
Karen,

I loved that missing scene; it's so important and I have often asked me what would have happened when Hutch heard the girl cry. "Listening" to his thoughts was so insightful!

love,

Monika
Starsky's Strut chapter 1 . 9/21/2006
I enjoyed this missing scene. It really made sense to me (after reading it) why Hutch didn't go to Molly. Thanks for that!
LovinFace chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
What a heartfelt story. I've always believed one of the reasons Hutch took in Molly was because of Starsky's past with his own father's death, and you tied it together nicely. This story was beautifully written. Thanks for sharing.

LF
Jan in VA chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
Hi!

I almost didn't read this because your summary didn't mention "Starsky" at all. Well, it didn't have "Starsky" in it, but your paragraph about wondering how "Hutch" would feel if his father died at a young age...if he was sent away...JUST LIKE "STARSKY" was when HIS father was killed at a young age and HE was sent from NY to CA.

You never mentioned him, but your words were touching none the less and DID make me think of "Starsky".

OK...I think about "Starsky"...in most stories I read! GRIN!

Type to you later! God Bless!

Jan in VA