Reviews for Someone to Watch Over Me
dabbling chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
nicely done
Admiral Lily chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
First of, I hate Ross. I really try not to (okay, I don't that hard) but it's easy to hate him when he's always a jerk and I'm still trying to get over my first viewing of Frame (why yes I'm behind the times). But you done good. Great fic. Yes, Blind Spot was one of the best epi's ever. I agree. So not fair on the no hand holding but this is L&O and for so many years they did the "our people don't have lives" stories so we'll forgive them. :D

Great fic!
Ainsley Hibbs chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
I really liked this one! Awesome job!
hippysheep chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
I love it...and i haven't seen ross yet..we have a replay of season 3 or over a yr now and i cannot find a dvd of ci here in the philippines...sigh!so i follow your lead
bogoalexea chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
O... This is very original!
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
I can't be alone in finding it highly amusing that Eames is the one who's hospitalised yet she's 'still' looking after her partner! Reminds me of all the pics of my brother sleeping in his partner's hospital bed holding their new baby daughter - lazy sod! Very sweet and I thought your Ross-voice was excellent. He's no Jimmy Deakins, but who is?
Tracey Claybon chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Lovely take on the Ross view of Goren and Eames and their partnership - wish it happened like this in canon!
CycloneT chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
Wow. I loved this ep, and I loved your take on it. I'm not a fan of the new captain (he's still the new guy to me, even though he's, you know, not. *g*) but I actually liked how you wrote him. It helped that he was so insightful to Bobby and Alex's relationship. lol

I loved the end scene; Alex is watching over Bobby, who has probably fallen asleep watching over her. It just made me go, 'aw'.
SilverNimbus chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
very good job. I love the background you used to set up the story. It's realistic and follows eames and goren well. You did a great job with the characters! keep on the great job.
mabsy chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
one of the first fan fics i read for CI and still one of the best. i come back and read it when i stumble on something that's particularly not good as it's my yardstick. very understated, very subtle, and very very nicely done.

thanks!
AerinM chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
You are... pretty much the most fantastic author I've come across for CI. I've read almost all of your works, and I LOVE YOU! Hahaha.

I love how you characterize Goren and Eames so perfectly! Everything flows just how it should! It feels like I'm reading a continuation of an episode, because you don't do the idiotic things that so many other people are guilty of doing-putting the characters in situations that cause them to behave strangely, or simply writing their personalities wrongly to begin with, for example.

Excellent! D I love how you write!
Kismet23 chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
Oh, I'm so glad after reading "Yes I Do" that I decided to make sure I hadn't missed any of your stories. Lo and behold, I found this one, and again, a beautiful job. Excellent insight into the characters, including the new and somewhat cryptic captain, but especially Eames, Goren, and even her dad. I think you have a real gift for expressing the characters' interior lives without resorting to mushy dialogue, and I'm jealous, but I love it. Great story.
Hope06 chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
Well Done you helped show peeople that Ross isn't has bad as everybody thinks he is. Hey he is able to handle Goren when they are trying to find Eames than this person should be given a trophy
Flamingo1 chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
mwaha...Major Case goodness...
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
I’d wondered how many people drooled, fainted, and had general fanfiction-induced explosions of joy after this episode. I just downloaded it and saw it today. Guess that shows how lacking I am in keeping up with CI. *sigh*

I love how you wrote this from Ross’ POV. Initially (though I loved Deakins) I had a good impression of Ross. He doesn’t quite get the magic that is the Goren/Eames connection, but after this episode, I think he knows. He’s learning – but he has his own style, stays involved. I think Goren respects that a bit.

Wow. After that ep., I’m tempted to knock out something short for the G/E factor too! And as always, you brilliantly captured the inner workings of Goren’s need for Eames to be there. The story from her father really brought it home – I truly enjoyed that. I could almost imagine Ross hearing that, and thinking, “Yeah, right.”

Even though I felt a bit gypped with the ending (I suppose Balcer and Sengupta didn’t want the schmoop factor to over power their ending. No hand holding or emotional out pouring) You wrote a wonderful version of what could have been. Something soft, genuine and totally in character. God, I really miss this fandom sometimes.

Congrats on your Masters and new job, and thanks for another wonderful dance of words for the internal waltz Bobby and Alex seem to share, under the surface.

Smoochies,