Reviews for Ecce Cor Meum
BubblyShell22 chapter 2 . 1/30/2012
Wow. What a heartfelt chapter. I'm guessing that the two Turtles in this are Raph and Mikey. I may be wrong, but I'd thought I'd take stab at it. I really liked this chapter and hope that the muses will return for you to finish it. Nicely done. I'll be patiently awaiting an update however long it takes.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
Oooh, a very interesting story here, Rene. As for which Turtle it is, I'm leaning between Donatello, Leonardo, or Michelangelo. I can see Mikey keeping a journal as well as Don and maybe Leo. I doubt Raph would be into writing as he'd see it as too tedious a task for him to do. Nicely done on this.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
Crafty-Pen-name chapter 2 . 12/15/2009
Wonderfully c-constructed, I think M-Mikey-kun was the one who p-passed away b-because of how he loved t-to see the city and the j-journal thing or maybe Leonardo-san because of a f-few words here and t-there. The c-comforter in the s-second chapter has to be R-Raphael-san, I c-can actually hear him saying i-it in my head.

A-Anyway, a very b-beautiful story.
Melodist chapter 1 . 10/16/2006
This was a great piece. :)

You have such a wonderful way with words, it really brings the reader into the story. I found myself not really caring which turtle this was about because it could have been any one of them. My immediate guess is Raph, cause well... he's my favorite and I think every story should be about him! Hehe. But really, these thoughts and feelings are ones that have probably run through all of their minds at one point or another.

Again, wonderful job!

-Melodist
Carayzee Anonymous chapter 2 . 10/7/2006
Again, Rein, all I can say is "Wow." What else is there to say? Your fic concisely portrays a very real possibility for the turtles' future lives: one will fall, upsetting the balance. Then the rest will either begin to drift apart, or lose their zeal or their drive to continue fighting. Sure, it's not something they would do for the TV show (except maybe for another ep like SAINW), since that completely eliminates the "Ninja" aspect of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but the first brother to fall was right; one of them had to go some time.

I really like the ambiguous narration of this story. I think it adds a certian texture you wouldn't get with anything else. ;) Keep up the great work, Rein. And please don't forget about "Yo Ho Cowabunga Dudes!"! It's only just begun to explore the depths of insanity fate could sink to with the combination of Jack Sparrow and the Turtles. XD Be blessed!

Carayzee Anonymous
lost-katana chapter 2 . 10/7/2006
(claps) Yay! I like more! And this was brillaintly excellent!

So sad... (wipes away a tear) I need to be exposed to little kid's forms of happiness now.

Awesome job, Rein!

So, any more? If so, please update soon!
A'Tuin chapter 2 . 10/6/2006
I feel rather reflective after that second chapter. Yopu could really feel the emotion pouring out there.

My instincts told me Mikey is the one talking and Raph there to comfort him. I'm was also dreading Donnie in that grave.

But re-reading it I've ended up swapping Mikey and Don with Mikey in the grave and Don reflecting. I still believe Raph is the comforter.
Jessiy Landroz chapter 2 . 10/5/2006
I'm really starting to thinkk it was Raph talking, although the voice was calm and collected, not really upset or vengful, yet I found a few hints that pretty much discribed him.. also, the one comforting him, I have a strong feeling it might be Don, I cant explain it, meaning the one who passed was either Leo or Mike...

cant say for sure, I guess, not until you finish this ;D
Ramica chapter 2 . 10/5/2006
Ah much sadder then the last one, and such a pity that the brother who wrote in the journal is the one to have fallen. His last words maybe not to return. Yes, it seems the rest of the family is living out his last wish as well as Splinter.
ELVESRULE chapter 2 . 10/5/2006
Wow...excellent story! Well done! :)
Chibi Rose Angel chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
This was SO COOL! I could easily see this being any one of the guys. It was a simple and yet compelling piece that makes you think. And boy did I LOVE stories that make you think! Thanks for writing such a great ficlet Rein! As a matter of fact, this is going straight to my favorite's list! _
Carayzee Anonymous chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
One word: Wow. Rein, you have opened my eyes to countless facets of the turtles' existance that I never really knew before. And you were right in your prologue; it really does work for any of the guys. Personally, I kind of plugged in Mikey, but that's just me. I reread a part, and suddenly Leo comes into prominence. Or Don. Or Raph. I say again: wow.

I assume when you mentioned Splinter's thirst for revenge, you were drawing from the original Eastman and Laird comic for information and inspiration. I usually write with the current cartoon series in mind, but, again, that's just me. You are so masterful in your writing style. You've had me hooked since I started reading "Yo Ho Cowabunga Dudes" and you've never failed to please. Keep up the astronomical work and never forget that of Faith, Hope, and Love, the greatest shall always be Love. And so I close with this: "Live well, Laugh often, Love much." Be blessed!

Carayzee Anonymous
Sewer Slider chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
I really liked this story, poignant and thought provoking. My own pick for the turtle in quetion would be Mikey, mostly because of the 'fruit salad' comment and that the first thought about their personalities was in regard to pranks. But I can see hints as to all of them within, so I'm probably wrong... I usually am!

Congratulations on writing this excellent, introspective piece. I could easily 'buy' this as being one of the TMNT, so to speak. Many of the things considered were where one's mind would lead if one were in the turtles shoes (not that they wear any - oh heck, can you tell I'm doped up on flu medicine?). Great job!
Swallowraven chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
Ok, I've been sitting here for five minutes trying to come up with the right words, and I can't. So I'll just simply say that I love it. My favorite thing you've written. So beautiful and deeply moving. It really got to me.

BTW, I thought the farmhouse was in Northampton, Mass.? Is it in a different place depending on what universe you're writing from?
lost-katana chapter 1 . 9/23/2006
Leo. Definitely Leo.

Awesome job! I loved the way you wrote all of Leo's thoughts- you had his character down perfectly!

Pi90katana