Reviews for Under the French Sky
CalmReader chapter 106 . 1/13
I enjoyed it.

I liked the idea of many broken souls, not only Erik. There was Lily, Mirela, Rachel... It's a good way to show Erik, that he is not the only one who suffered. Maybe it ensures his own sanity somehow.

This may seem very odd, but my favorite character was Lily. I sympathized her most of all. Don't know why... I liked her wild nature, her bitter humor... And she's a good singer! I liked the part, where Lily made Erik accompany her in church. Beautiful moment. I wish there were more scenes like this, I mean with music involved.

I liked the plot, it was interesting and intense sometimes. At first I was confused, when I saw there's 106 chapters. But the story was easy to read.

Thank you for this adventure.
CalmReader chapter 20 . 1/9
And here I am, reading your next story... I love your writing style, it is impossible to tear away from your stories :-) Especially I like your characters. Thank you for believable heroes! And for great original women characters. I love E/OC, so you're a gem!

The plot intrigues from the beginning, so I'm happy to spend my time (all of my free time actually) with your stories.
Seth7 chapter 106 . 9/5/2015
Yay! Good story! :D great job! _
icanhearthedrums chapter 44 . 9/11/2013
aww i wish nadir had come back to say hi to erik
princessofthepearl2121 chapter 106 . 11/11/2010
The BEST story I have read on the site that involves Erik and an Original Character. I hope there is a sequel with Rand and Mirela
Llandaf chapter 106 . 2/20/2008
I enjoyed this soory very much. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.

Llandaf
Mels4 chapter 106 . 1/2/2008
Hi - I finished reading this last week, but didn't have time to review it that day. The holidays have been crazy, and in addition to that my son just graduated from college during the holidays, so graduation stuck in there with everything makes it hard! I loved "Under the French Sky". I need to go look at your profile to learn what more happens in this story (If anything). If not, I guess I am on to your next one. I am reading them in the order they were written. Hope you had a great holiday and will have a wonderful New Year. Thanks for writing! Mels
MadLizzy chapter 106 . 1/2/2008
"And Erik Dessain – always eager to please his future bride – did just that.

"Twice."

Wonderful ending. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story (could you tell) and couldn't stay away from it. You controlled the flow and pace of it, and I can see why you have a large following of readers. It's an exciting story, but it is very focused on the phantom and your own take on him.

Thanks for all your work on this story, and your dedication to it. I appreciate the special help you gave me when fanfic was floundering yesterday, too!

~ml
MadLizzy chapter 105 . 1/2/2008
Forced to unmask, at gunpoint, to save Mirela's life! Guin seems to have found everyone's vulnerability and exploited it for her own use. From Mirela's degredation to Erik's scars, she knows exactly where to poke and prod in order to get the maximum anguish. Is it too late to hope that she dies horribly?
MadLizzy chapter 104 . 1/2/2008
Big Jean ran away at the first sight of Erik, leaving Guin to fend for herself! Priceless!
MadLizzy chapter 103 . 1/2/2008
“I'm going to retch,” Rand mumbled, trying to push Emma away from him. “I'm going to kill her...but first I shall retch.”

LOL! I think you could write a fan fiction featuring Rand, and you'd have a steady line of readers. You write him so well that I look forward to every moment that he is in the story.

Poor Susanna! So many people - her loved ones - suspect her of being capable of betraying Erik. As if she weren't constantly having to prove herself trustworthy to Erik, now she's got others casting suspicion on her.
MadLizzy chapter 102 . 1/2/2008
Guin doesn't mess around! Was she able to carry Mirela herself, or did she have help? What a cliffie!
MadLizzy chapter 101 . 1/2/2008
"Yes, Madame Allard might want to consider leaving Artenay. In fact, she might want to consider leaving Europe altogether."

Go, Rand!

While Erik and Susanna are basking in the afterglow, I'm wondering if the Talbot mansion is still standing. I can only imagine what Lily and Mirela would do to each other in a catfight. I can imagine them both standing there, akimbo, saying, "Bring it on, sister!" But then again, I can just as easily imagine them becoming good friends. Neither one of them could best the other.

Tho I am willing to place my money on the Gypsy.
MadLizzy chapter 100 . 1/2/2008
Speaking of marking territory...I think Erik and Susanna have just consecrated their new home.

Making love to Susanna in the house he has built also assures them both of the future together. No thoughts of family problems, of crazy, obsessed madames weilding weapons, old girlfriends - just the two of them. *sigh* What a nice ending for your centennial!
MadLizzy chapter 99 . 1/2/2008
*chuckling* Double stabled? Is that what it's called? :0

Henri's reaction to news of the proposal struck me as particularly realistic. It would be natural for him to think of what he's losing, as well as what he's gaining, and of his son who will not be there to share any of the happiness.