Reviews for When Light Fades
Even-the-Fire-is-Crying chapter 4 . 4/22/2012
...isn't it technically rape to Adam/Rocky? and couldn't Rocky have been in such a near death state that the readings said he was dead, but he wasn't and the dark rangers knew that so they took the "Body" did something similar to what they later did to Adam. then they took Adam and did that thing to him and "Diablo" (im going on the assumption that there to separate beings,but "Diablo" is currently the one in charge of Rocky's body...) threatened Rocky that if he fought with him for control, and ended up winning, they'd kill Adam. so Rocky doesn't fight.
Even-the-Fire-is-Crying chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD AT MAKING GROSS SOBBING INDUCING STORIES, AND FLUFF? YES, IM READING YOU'RE OLD STORIES THAT CAPTURE MY ATTENTION. ALSO I SEE THAT THIS IS NOT COMPLETE! finish it. pleases? JUST END TEH ! also, have you ever considered being a published, professional author? you should. you write very well.
Sorcerio chapter 4 . 11/10/2007
Y not do a chapter on Justin's robot, Chrin? I think that that would be an interesting chapter.
Psycho Tangerine chapter 1 . 3/25/2007
Wow, this is dark. Heck, if I was stuck there I'd just say screw it and spend my last days doing what I like (but then again I'm not brave like them :))
Sailor Pandabear chapter 4 . 1/9/2007
wow... powerful stuff. however... does zorden survive or becomes evil or something?
rizzysnape chapter 4 . 10/30/2006
That was as depressing as all hell, but i wouldn't of missed it for the world.
garnetred chapter 4 . 9/26/2006
Excellent 4 chapters. Please update soon.
purplejunkiegmail.com chapter 4 . 9/25/2006
I must express my utter happiness to see you writing again. I remember reading the original series and I loved it. Although, I do love tragedy and you can write it with such a fashion that I'm on the edge of my seat.

I can't wait till the next chapter, I just love the dispair.

My real question though: Are they ever going to find Zordan? I'd love to see what he has to say about his rangers and their new friends and allies, and how the universe is reacting to all that happened with the Dark Rangers. There's such anticipation. And I love all the philosophy, I never reviewed any of your other stories but I thought now would be a good time. I've actually had similar ideas to your own, and well some of them were so similar I'm going to have to rethink somethings and write a few of my own non-fics (since I myself have not posted them, and they never get completed) to make something a bit more orignal.

Keep it coming, and welcome back.
Dagmar Buse chapter 4 . 9/25/2006
Interesting chapters. I really need to reread the original series they're based on; my faint recollection (it's been way too long, sorry) just doesn't do it justice. But - good job! It's not my usual fare, but when handled well like this, I love me a good DarkFic!
sparxxa chapter 4 . 9/24/2006
.God. That's some pretty powerful stuff you've written there...wow, that final chapter about Adam...just, wow..I got so excited when I saw you were back, I really love your work, this story was fantastic. CYA sparxxa.
Hagar chapter 4 . 9/24/2006
*nods* I remember this timeline. I think it was Rocky's sister who prophesized it in her sleep, thus making her mother change her mind about some things; a timeline where Rocky wasn't accepted by his catholic family, thus left vulnerable for Zeus.

Definitely not the timeline of "Fade to Darkness", where they all got a uniform power source; there's no mention of *that* in those four stories.

I'm not entirely sure what I think of those stories. From minor to major, they are technically solid (though, seriously: "censor" and not "sensor"), you have a good hold on how to roll a vignette-style story (TJ's story, mostly: that's the best one of the four by my opinion), you have some lyrical paragraphs thrown in here and there (Tanya's story) and over all, you treat the difficult and sensitive subjects with respect; and that's more than most, really. To sum it up: good storytelling, terrific detail-building and quite solid on the technical front.

However. While you handle the difficult themes carefully and with much attention and even loving, you seem to not quite be able to write the depth of emotion the characters must be experiencing. Aisha's love for Kat shines through, as well as TJ's despair; all the other emotions aren't as well expressed as they could be. Also - more minor than the previous point, though - your perception of war and how it is run seems to be very abstract. I'm not talking about battle scenes and sequences - i'm talking about the grand thing. If you're going to write a story that's so thouroughly pervaded by war, you need a more concrete understanding of the thing.

Again - you're a good writer. You just tackled a humongous challenge.
Dannie Tomlinson chapter 4 . 9/24/2006
*Jaw dropped, eyes bugging out* Noo! Not Adam! Amazing fic! Please, please, please update soon!

Speaking of Adam (JYB) I'm listening to the band he's in, Eyeshine, awesome band.
Dannie Tomlinson chapter 3 . 9/24/2006
Hunter green... *grins as her mind goes straight to Hunter/Cam* I love them, so sue meh... Anywho... Amazing chapter! It's so different but I love it!
Dannie Tomlinson chapter 2 . 9/24/2006
... Wow...
Dannie Tomlinson chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
Wow... Amazing first (or last considering how you wrote it)